• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addicted to sugar

Add more protein to the diet, but slowly, over time. If you live in Sweden, you should have no problem finding Swedish bitters. Taking those 15-20 minutes before a meal will help adapt your body to protein digestion after a long period of sugar intake. Then once you're metabolizing protein better, your body will have less sugar cravings. Your first meal of the day should be high protein.

Sugar is the easiest molecule for the body to use as fuel, and it's the easiest for digestive systems that are weak or sluggish. People with sugar cravings usually have problems digesting protein and fat, which is why I recommend the bitters.

Even just one drop of bitter on the tongue, as a flavour, will prompt the gut to start releasing digestive juices. The body responds really strongly to bitter. But I think actually ingesting bitter is the way to go, as a sort of aperitif.

You may also want to increase magnesium intake. Sugar and coffee strip the body of magnesium like nothing else (well, maybe alcohol). As magnesium gets low the nervous system potentials become less stable, energy is wasted, and catabolism is increased. Then sugar cravings start.

In 50 years we will look back on coffee drinking like we look at cigarette smoking now. It is so detrimental to the nervous system and the mineral balance of the body.

is it possible to be addicted to pepsi especially and other sugary filled drinks? i just love drinks filled with sugar
<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(223, 230, 239);">

@Foreigner- Completely agree with everything you just said and can only further confirm it from my own findings.

The earlier I eat sugar the worse off I am, I only eat a little right before bed cuz it gets me sleepy. If I eat even some fruit in the morning my sugar cravings skyrocket as the day goes on.

I've also found coffee to be tied in with sugar cravings. I've felt infinitely better times where I stopped drinking it, and in fact I had fallen off for a min there and was drinking it again and I became depressed and anxious. I stopped after a good roll a few weeks ago and been feeling great since.

I try to treat coffee like any other stimulant in my life and only use it on occasion.

-GC