• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Allergic to all types of weed. What can I do?

betman

Greenlighter
The allergic reaction is headache and tightness of throat, difficulty breathing. I've tried using antihistamines. I don't think I'm dehydrated when smoking. I exhale through my mouth instead of nose.

I've tried multiple strains, flower vape, blunt, joint, edible, oil vape. I've tried taking half a puff, which will give me a small headache. Smoking a lot will give me a massive headache and I have to lay down and feel like shit til I knock out.

What can I do? Is there anything I can do?

I have a friend who was allergic to the smoke, weed or cigarettes. Vape didn't work either but he was always fine with edibles. However you could be allergic to weed. I found this link about Weed Allergy.

https://www.verywell.com/could-i-have-a-marijuana-allergy-1132480

I vape and smoke nicotine, so that's not the case. Definitely match a lot of the symptoms listed. That's some real bullshit haha. Of all the people in the world, I get a reaction...thanks for your reply, I'm certain I'm allergic now.

some people are just allergic to it.

maybe some research will occur in the future.

I know I guy who needs to wear a hazmat suit and facemask to make hash.

Well if you're allergic... don't smoke. Why do you like to smoke if you just feel like shit?

Salutations BetMan,

The allergic reaction...

IMO one may know he's allergic while still remaining unaware of a multi-factorial scenario, involving mold spores for example, not to mention a most popular yet toxic consumption method: smoking... So, how about spending a few days away from the usual environment/setup, just in case that might do some difference?...

What can I do? Is there anything I can do?

Hummm... What if my vaporist history & associated remedy could actually fail and even result in a worse health-threatening situation??

All i can tell is that i once felt miserable and now i don't, but i was never 100 % certain of anything. Simply lucky i guess (armed with lots of patience and determination)...

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited:
hello my name is james,

i am a bit fatigued and do not want to go into deep detail about this. if your in expereienced that explains the headache, i remember when i first started i would get head aches 4 , days out from my withdrawl. Also it is a weed cannabis is an allergy, a very pure one that is basically considered a substrate. lastly it could be from your ailments do understand cannabis is a medicine is used for treatment of damaged nerves, reflex syndrome, clogged arteries or receptors that have lost synaptic function. What i am saying is that you could potentially be lacking a few nutrients that the cannabis has, when in contact the body reacts or overreacts. dont worry as you become stronger itll get better, try mild strains ones that are light in color and posses yellows whites oranges and blues. thats all for now, id suggest iodine and or 45 prepreation before medicating

I don't remember where I read or who I was told by so Idk if it's true or not but it seems worth a shot. If you don't know if you're allergic to a certain plant or not, you can take a leaf from it (think it might have to have juice still in it so you might need to find a live plant rather than using a bud that's been cured) and rub a little on your wrist and wait (don't remember how long sorry, think it's like 15mins) if the spot looks and feels normal after the time has passed you aren't as likely to be allergic, but if the area turns red, swells, begins severely itching or burning, blisters, breaks out in hives or looks/feels abnormal you're allergic (I imagine it would be difficult not to let yourself start to believe something is wrong when it's not, I'm high and forget the word for it psychosomatic or something). If you don't pass that test then you are very allergic and should avoid it.

Another problem could be the weed is contaminated by something. Are you storing it all in the same container or bag? If so there's a possibility it's coming into contact with some type of contaminant like fungus left in the container. Is it all coming from the same grower? If so it's possible they're using a pesticide or something that you're allergic to. I'm trying to think of anything else that could be causing it because not being able to enjoy weed would be horrible.

I would've thought the antihistamines would do the trick but it seems like they don't. What antihistamine did you try? I would personally recommend good old diphenhydramine (Benadryl) 50mg should be a good dose (if it's the one you already tried then I'd say hydroxyzine at the same dose if you can get it), Benadryl is usually the antihistamine of choice for ER doctors (I'm allergic to a lot of medications mostly just antidepressants and antipsychotics, thankfully not the good stuff , anyway back to the point, every time I had one serious enough that I had to go to the ER the first thing they did was start an IV and shoot me full of Benadryl I'm still alive so I guess it worked haha). If you decide to retry the antihistamines (which I'm honestly afraid to recommend you to consume anymore weed because you said the reaction caused difficulty breathing) you have to make sure you give them enough time to kick in before you smoke/vape/eat 30-45mins should be enough.

Just be cautious, if something is causing difficulty breathing it's something to take seriously. If you try it again I'd recommend having a friend with you as well as a few "fast acting" Benadryl gel caps even if they don't make all the side effects go away they could be enough to stop your airway from swelling completely shut and an aelbutreral inhaler is also a great thing to have for any type of difficulty breathing I'm sure someone you know has some just lying around that they'd give you (I never try a new drug without aelbutreral and Benadryl close by just in case.) Good luck I really hope it isn't the weed and/or you can find some way to enjoy it.