• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin House at risk of being raided because roommate can't keep weed use down

Gemini666

Greenlighter
My roommate smokes weed constantly with her window open and our house is like 10 feet away from our neighbors. Our landlord has told her constantly that she needs to stop. Me and my other roommate have told her constantly she needs to stop. She will literally stop at nothing. Our landlord says he won't call the police, but he's taking it seriously and says the neighbors will if it continues. We have almost a whole year left on our lease. This is a huge issue for me because I have heroin in my room. I don't smoke weed and am bothering no one and there is no way anyone would find out otherwise if it weren't for my damn roommate. If the police were to raid our house, she'd just get a ticket. I'd literally be taken to court. The thing is is that I can't tell her I have hard drugs because she'd tell our other roommate and everyone would get pissed at me and probably tell on me to our landlord anyway, the last time I mentioned I had used hard drugs to the stoner roommate she went off on me like "you can't do that I'm not comfortable with those kinds of drugs in the house." So i told her I didn't have any anymore to get her off my back. I actually know the guy who lives next door through mutual friends- he just graduated high school but it's his family's house- and his mom would call the police. I thought about maybe talking to him like "hey can you please talk your mom out of calling the police because I like the occasional glass of wine and don't want an underage drinking ticket" or something like that. This is giving me a lot of anxiety. You could say it's my own damn fault for choosing to do heroin anyway, not hers, but I'm just pissed off I could get caught because of her ass. If I decide to keep using, what do I do?? Where would I put all my shit and how would I prepare for a police raid? I'm really freaking out about this.

They don't have probable cause to search you if you snitch them out. Tell them if they don't stop you'll call the cops. You kind of have a good reason.

Don't you need a confirmed buy to raid a house? Unless someone is dealing out of the house I wouldn't worry.

Are you sure? I don't want to take that chance of them raiding the whole house, especially since the neighbors don't actually see her or know her name specifically. It would be a dick move but I've thought about staying at my parents house for a few days and taking my shit with me then calling the cops on her. But then would it backfire because then the police would have a profile on our house?

I'm pretty sure that your house can get raided for any type of illegal activity.

Here's another scenario: what if they search my phone and computer, or bank account and find I purchased rigs with a credit card? I know they can't arrest me unless it's actually in my possession but what if they start like... watching me

Hmmm, if it at all possible i would try to move, or have a legit heart to heart talk with your roomie, i seen people get evicted by the landlord because their house got raided, don't take anything i say to serious as legal stuff is not my cup of tea but yeah dude i'd be careful cause when cops find herion they wont even care about the weed.

ALSO if she does get caught with the weed, even if I have removed my shit, is there any way we'd all be liable since we live in the same house?

You are a little paranoid, it's okay, they need warrants for that (i think) and even if they busted you for simple possession i doubt they would look at your credit card statements unless of course you are selling the stuff..

They don't care about weed.... You might have cops visit and they won't have a warrant. If they ask to search your room tell them to go get that warrant and then bury your stash under a bush.

In all seriousness you're just stressing yourself out. Don't trip too hard. They care about dealers not the common pothead or addict. The idea is to get the supply off the streets and the dealers not the buyers.

Not sure, if she denies it they could charge you all, i know if nobody claims it in a car you all can be charged, not sure about a house..

Potheads are paranoid, just tell your roomie you have been seeing cars down the street with people looking your way, if she cares at all she will stop, if not then you best get your shit and go cause it already sounds like shit is about to hit the fan soon one way or another, don't worry too much, just get your shit out asap..

I just sent her a message saying we could all be legally liable if her weed is in our house anyway. Hope that takes care of it somewhat....

Cops are not going to raid a house because a neighbor smells weed. They have other, more severe crimes to worry about. You're fine dude.

Just the process of getting a warrant to do so would be too much paperwork and hassle. They honestly don't give a shit.

The only scenario where I could see this even remotely possible is if you live in a super small town with cops that have time on their hands and a country bumpkin judge who would even take the time to consider a warrant like that.

To those posting here saying what cops will or will not do, or claiming to know about legal protocols, I suspect you don't know what country, state, town, etc. Gemini666 is in, so I'm not sure how you can all be so certain what the cops' protocols are.

To Gemini666 - have you suggested using a vapouriser to your housemate? That would presumably produce substantially less of a smell (as well as reducing harm to her lungs).

I live in a nice-ish suburb, so it's not like the cops here have a TON of shit to do. I'm probably being a little paranoid, but I don't want to take chances. Lol only the paranoid survive right?? Anyway i had a long conversation with her where she completely cussed me out, yelled at me, said I cant tell her what to do, etc... shes literally the dumbest person I know because she claims smoking in the house is "the safest place" when it's the place that poses the biggest risk to her right now. Our landlord says he's not going to call the cops and is on me and my other roommate's side, so hopefully he will shut it down.

Last edited:
I live in Milwaukee. However, I live in a nice-ish suburb, so it's not like the cops here have a TON of shit to do. I'm probably being a little paranoid, but I don't want to take chances. Lol only the paranoid survive right?? Anyway i had a long conversation with her where she completely cussed me out, yelled at me, said I cant tell her what to do, etc... shes literally the dumbest person I know because she claims smoking in the house is "the safest place" when it's the place that poses the biggest risk to her right now. Our landlord says he's not going to call the cops and is on me and my other roommate's side, so hopefully he will shut it down.

As for paranoia, I always say "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't watching you".

As far as your problem goes, it sounds like nothings going to get done unless you do it. In reality, she ought to be concerned (although she's unaware of your stash of H) because instead of you being swept up in her potential pot bust, she might end up being caught up in your potential H bust. That would suck for all involved for sure!

She will smoke pot all day even tho she's been told more than once it's causing a problem, but wants to trip on you for doing H in the past? Then cuss you out when you mention the weed a problem? This girl sounds like a dumbass & i personally would have a difficult time living with someone like that. I'd tell her if she wants to blaze then roll a joint & take a walk down the street. If she doesn't comply then I'd tell her she might have to move. As far as a raid, you're just being paranoid but it's understandable. Police will not raid a home because someone called saying they smelled pot coming out of your house. (If they even get called)

K lets avoid discussion of legal issues and more how to react to someone obviously covering their stress with weed causing her to become a bitch to put it simply.