• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

new member 4 days in clean

Shattered831

Greenlighter
Hello all, been browsing this site for info and tips to get over an addiction I let myself slide into an decided I needed to end. Hurt myself at work so the dr put me on oxy an well it progressed from there to H. Never injected only nasaly an maybe a gram or 2 a day for a few months. I hated what I had become, I hated the feeling of chasing a high I couldn't achieve anymore and became ashamed of who I had let myself become. I'm a single dad, my child is my world an I had let that slip over the summer when he spends more time with his mom than me an I became depressed. The drugs never helped only blinded my pain tho, an my regular doctor retired so I didnt have anyone I felt I could go to anymore.
I finally made the plunge to quit 4 days ago, today is day 4 an the worst of it is over tho there is still a battle to be won here. I only have the diarriah, restless legs an insomnia left. Ild say depression but I was depressed before so I cant say its cause of this. Just wanted to say thank you for all who shared their struggles and fights on here before me, it helped me prepare for the beast I knew was comming an am still fending off. I wish everyone on here the best, and if I can be of help or even some support to anyone on here feel free to reach out an say hi.