• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Rate my "Nootropic and Pain" stack

saruon

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I'm a new member here and I'd like to get some opinions on my stack from professionals. In beforehand I apologise if my English isn't perfect since it's not my first language and if I posted in the wrong part of the forum. I have a disease called Hunters syndrome that gives me various symptoms which you can google on because it's to my to write, but I have the mild version however no one knows how it affects my brain. Before this stack I have suffered from depression, social anxiety, agorafobia (There's still some left) and anhedonia the latter have been obliterated thanks to the stack. I have also been diagnosed with mental fatigue/brain fog possibly due to the chronic pain caused by Hunters syndrome. Enough said to the stack:

In the morning when I wake up I take:
2 g Tyrosine
100 mg B6
1000 g Vitamin C
and a cup of coffee.

Then I wait appproximately 30-45 minutes so that the Tyrosine get its time to work.

However dependently on when I wake up I take:
2x 665 mg Paracetamol with modified release (I take this on an 8 hour interval)
100 mg Ketoprofen (I take this on an 8-12 hour interval depending on the pain)
250 mg Paraflex/Chlorzoxazone (I usually take this every 4 hour but often it isn't necessery to redose)
(This is for pain management and muscle tensions)
150 mg Sertralin (My P-Doc wanted me to uppe the dosage from 100 to 200 which worsen the symptoms and gave me GAD and Tinnitus so I lowered the dose on my own and the GAD is gone but the tinnitus is till there although not so strong as before, also i'm thinking of going back to 100 mg because I want the tinnitus gone)
20 mg Enalapril (High-Bloodpressure)

Next regimen consist of:
400 mg ALCAR
400 mg Citikoline
20 mg Noopept
1 Capsule Krilloil 500 mg
150 mg Pregabalin (For anxiety and pain management)
A cocktail of 13g BCAA, 3g CreatineEthylEster and 2 g Citrulline Malat (BCAA is mostly to cover the horrible taste of CEE)

If I went to the gym the night before I take a proteinshake 2 dl or 74 g of Star Nutritions Whey 80

About 4-5 hours later I take:
400 mg ALCAR (Should I add ALA?)
400 mg Citikoline
10 mg Noopept
And same cocktail as above

I workout 4-6 days a week and before that I take:
A preworkout called Raw Rampage which consists of:
Magnesium56 mg15%224 mg
Kalium16,5 mg66 mg
Zink2,7 mg27%10,8 mg
Beta-alanin4 000 mg16 000 mg
Koffein anhydro300 mg1 200 mg
Taurin200 mg800 mg
RAW Power6 500 mg26 000 mg
(Kreatin-nitrat, kreatin monohydrat, citrulin malat, kreatin-pyruvat)
RAW Energy5 720 mg22 880 mg
(L-tyrosin, Rhododendrobium®, koffein anhydro, Rhodiola rosea [5% rosavin & saliroside], trimethylglycin)

I also add 2 g Citrulline Malate, 1250 mg AAKG, 1500 mg Taurine and 2 pills of Roseroot Extract (Total 600 mg Roseroot and 2 mg B5)

Then I go to the gym after 30-45 minutes and drink 13g BCAA. After an hour workout I replenish my energy with another dose of 13g BCAA combined with 1/2 dl or 50 ml Maltodextrin. When I come home I take a proteinshake with 2 dl of the same protein as above before eating a proteinrich dinner.
And sometimes I take 4 mg Norflurazepam to calm down and get the muscle relaxation, often combined with a 250 mg paraflex. It also helps me sleep better.

With dinner I add a multivitamin pill.

Furthermore I take Memantine Solution from Ceretropic and have titrated up to 20 mg twice a day usually taken 11 am and 11 pm for a couple of days but I'm now tapering down to 10 mg twice a day since I there is no studies on the long term effects of such a high dose. The brainfog disappeared quickly but sometimes I get it still and I counteract it with nicotine gum 2 mg. I added it to the regimen because of it neuroprotective properties, cognitive enhancement and anecdotally tolerance reduction/stopping to amphetamines, benzodiazepines, opiates (This is not anectdotally because there is actual studies that show stolerance reduction to opiates) and possibly gabaergic drugs. There is a possibility that my pain will escalate with age but the doctors won't prescribe opiates to chronic pain patients.

So I wanted to start with memantine in case of that and show the doctors that they can prescribe opiates for my pain because my tolerance wont go up.
I am also prescribed with dexedrine (it's called Attentin in Sweden) against my mental fatigue and it was effective att firste but the tolerance went upp and sideeffects worsened. But now with Memantine I have halved my dosage from 6-8 5 mg pills to 3-4, and the side effects are gone and I don't feel bad when it goes out of the body. Also I don't feel the need to take it, like an addiction. Now I only take it when I know I have to be extra productive and clearheaded.
Memantine also protects the brain from the neurotoxicity from amphetamines although that neurotoxicity comes from extremely high dosages but better safe than sorry.

Before bed I take;
150 mg Pregabalin
5 mg Melatonin

I gladly appreciate any criticism or opinions on this wall of text and thank you in beforehand.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I take 20 mg Omeprezole every day and sodiumbicarbonate before taking dexedrine.

Why so much bcaa? Will only compete with l-tyrosine and l-tryptophan, generating the opposite of what you're trying to achieve. Reduce it to 3-5 g before workout (or eat a preworkout meal), take a shake directly afterwards and then time the protein synthesis with constant protein intake the hours post-workout.

Try to eat at least 1 gram of protein per lbs bodyweight every day, and twice the amount during workout days.

Focus on squats, rows, dips, deadlifts, military presses. 3x5, add some exercises for volume, eg, chins, dumbbell press, lunges, good mornings, maybe side lifts for the shoulders. I personally do not train biceps specifically but if you want to, add some curls.

Last edited:
https://imgur.com/CgwjaqI

This is the kind of back you'll get in 5 months if you follow my advice.

https://m.imgur.com/WwkNtpl

As i said, no specific bicep training. The results come from chins, rows and deadlifts

Last edited:
Hm, mostly because it was the recommended dosage and to mask the horrible taste of CEE. I use Xtend Scivation. And I take it as long time after the solo L-Tyrosin intake as possible. I don't take L-Tryptophan and I didn't mention it. I know about what my daily and workout protein intake should be, but I rarely have appetite or motivation to cook big meals so that is why I take so much whey protein. And I'm trying to change that behaviour.

My workout regimen is special because of my disease since it causes joint stiffness and inflammations. Some examples is that I can't raise my arms above my head properly so militarypresses will only cause damage. I have been going to the gym for years so I know what I can't do and can do.

And no offence but I did not write anything about opinions on exercises or workout.

Instead of military press, have you tried landmine press?

It's when you avoid taking bcaa with tyrosine and tryptophan that you neurochemically deplete yourself. I've noticed a significant improvement in my mood since i changed to pre-workout meals or smaller amounts bcaa (2,5-3 gram).

I mentioned tryptophan because it is a precursor to 5-htp, one of the neurotransmittors which free form bcaa depletes.

I also think you should get high quality magnesium and zinc in higher doses, 300-900 mg for mag and 15-25 mg for zinc. You honestly don't need a wide variety of supplements. Spend your money elsewhere.

Last edited:
Never heard of it. I shall check it out.

Then I'll lower the dose of bcaa too just need to weigh it then or find a Spooner that contains the correct amount since the one I get with the jar is 13g.

I have a Magnesium Complex containing magnesium citrate, glycine and succinate. 1 cap contains 125 mg. I might pick up a daily routine again

I also have a Transdermal Magnesiumoil that I use sometimes

I also have Zinc Caps from WNT. 25 mg per cap.

Should I also take Tryptophan or will it interfere with the Sertralin/Zoloft?

I would like to try the threonate but it's expensive and hard to find in my country.

Does the whey protein affect the serotonin levels as much as BCAA do to?