Stimulant abuse?

Dboy1969

Greenlighter
Anyone up?
Recently started vaping shit again. Honestly trying not to feel guilty or self conscious over it. Telling myself I can control it this time. Rehab is bullshit. I feel though its mind over matter and I do have the brain power. I will quit smoking, perhaps with your help? Any tips for quitting the 'smoking' of stimulants. I appreciate you! Much love and support to all my brothers and sisters living the struggle this morning. Movement, power, respect ?

Yeah, what's the magic cure? I thought I had it beat for over a year. Now I'm smoking 2-3 days a week. Not sleeping is getting old. I honestly feel great. But it's hard to explain. Idk ...

Yeah, what's the magic cure? I thought I had it beat for over a year. Now I'm smoking 2-3 days a week. Not sleeping is getting old. I honestly feel great. But it's hard to explain. Idk ...

I had been off the stuff for well over a year as well. Now after 2-3 weeks of daily use my tolerance is crazy high and i know i am beginning to consume too much. I know i will stop as soon as i start to see adverse physical side effects. I would like to however, stop before that time comes.

I have an issue with polydrug abuse, and I may understand where you're coming from. It seems like keeping myself busy helps, even though at college Adderall is everywhere and I really want some when people start moving back into the dorms. I find it helps to come to bluelight and talk to people, but at the same time I need to connect with people on an emotional level, for when I get off the computer I just think about drugs again.
It's a hard balance, finding something fulfilling and satisfying to keep you busy that is better than seeking out the next high. I hope you can change your life how you see fit, message me if you want to talk.

All drug abuse (and any compulsive behavior even if it does not involve a substance) usually has two predictable components: one is that the substance or compulsive activity does in fact fill a need. That need is calling to be met and when you find something that provides instant gratification it can be pretty damn hard to turn down. The other component is habit, pure and simple.

So the most important thing is to look at the need or needs. Since meeting the needs with drugs inevitably has a downside (or two! or one hundred;)) you have to explore other ways to get those needs met. And by the way, that is pretty much what adult life consists of. You can shape your life way more than you think. If the prescriptions for your path are not working, choose another path.

In terms of habit,it is important to change everything that supports doing the same thing. This means changing your thinking and that is challenging. But oh, what a sweet release when you learn how to do it.;)

Ehhh, you should feel guilty. Actions have consequences. You simply writing this post is the answer in itself.

That being said, its far to easy to go down the reductionist hole and say simply stop!
Im assuming your using meth. Two points.

Meth does not have any physical withdrawal symptoms, your already a leg up on dope fiends.

Second point, unlike opiates, amphetamines work on the dopamine pathways and unlike serotonin, the dopamine pathways are far more sensitive to abuse.
In other words, with amphetamines there is a danger of reaching a point of damage that most likely will not be reversible.

As for it being easier said than done, thats true. Im sure you already know that if you want sobriety for yourself, you must change every and all connections to the lifestyle you are trying to escape from.
For most people that means leaving behind their entire social circle, having no friends. It sucks, I know, by the end of my habit, my entire peer group was populated by users. So I have no friends right now.
And its hard, I even miss my interactions with my drug dealer, but I have people who love me and im sure you do as well.

Ad-nausem: You must want it for yourself. No fucking shit.

Love drugs, hate the consequences......