• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Post Your Pic - Using vs. Sober 2.0

Same aihfl. The only reason I haven't used (iv h-i use a couple times a month) is because Im not home (Pa) Im in Fla at the moment. When I go home at the end of the month-that's when it's going to be sketchy.

This shit isnt easy.

Same aihfl. The only reason I haven't used (iv h-i use a couple times a month) is because Im not home (Pa) Im in Fla at the moment. When I go home at the end of the month-that's when it's going to be sketchy.

This shit isnt easy.

Definitely not easy, 10years. But it's fantastic that you've been able to stay off H while in Florida. Is there some knowledge based on this experience that you can take back home? Easier said than done, I know. But you're doing brilliantly! <3

Thankyou Sim. <3 you

Actually yes there is something. Its FABULOUS to have money. I got my nails done, got some clothes I needed. And it really feels good for it not to be a big ordeal to get what I need. Including Immodium.

That might sound insignificant- it is not. I am unable to get basic necessities many times due to buying drugs. Not so much that my habit is raging (yet anyways) We get price gouged by the guy we get it from. The one that's always there on payday. Without fail.

I must prepare myself for the inevitable proposition. And simply say "No"

Damn aihfl, you are looking SOOO much healthier! :)

Yaaaaaa!! Looking fresh to def'.... Much better than the downtown library pic, which reminds me I would love to take a trip there someday soon. My closest library sucks. I can order books but ya gotta browse to find those hidden gems.

Lol...... sorry about the triple quotes I don't know how to go back and put multiple quotes together after the fact. If a mod wants to help out they can. I will probably erase them tomorrow and start over..lol... The sentiments remain the same regardless.

Yaaaaaa!! Looking fresh to def'.... Much better than the downtown library pic, which reminds me I would love to take a trip there someday soon. My closest library sucks. I can order books but ya gotta browse to find those hidden gems.
That is the great thing about the Orange County Library System (not sure if you live in Orange or Lake) is being able to order home delivery of books. I live closest to the Edgewater branch and it's pretty ghetto (in a dilapidated strip mall) but at the same time I think downtown is overrated and I hate that you have to pay for parking unless you go after business hours and are lucky enough to find street parking. Now that downtown Orlando has undergone a nightlife Renaissance, street parking is no longer a given and I despise the fucked up pattern of one-way streets.

I'm in Lake county right now but lived in Orange county my whole life. The Orange county line is right before my neighborhood. We are still able to order books. Good thing because the library which is across the street from my neighborhood is little more than a New York city newsstand...lol

Yeah that's like my old neighborhood in Winter Park, a half a block away was Seminole County.

Im homesick for Philly guys. The weather at home is perfect right now- Autumn is my favorite season.

It's hot as hell here-I lived in Fla for 5yrs. And humid. And dammit I want a cheesesteak lol.

Im half Sicilian-where is the olive oil and garlic here lol? On a sabbatical? Im just missing home is all. I'll be there soon enough...and that's when the hard part will start.

If I went back to Philly, it wouldnt be a cheesesteak Id be craving lol

Can understand. I didn't realize how much I missed the change of seasons until I took a birthday trip (October) to Chicago two years ago and it was chilly, overcast and drizzly. And I enjoyed every second of it. But somewhere along the line, Orlando became home. I have lived here for far longer than I've lived anywhere else.

Good Italian can be found here, but it seems to always be in some unassuming place in a suburban strip mall. There is one not far from me. I think the owners are actually Romanian but they know what they are doing and when my former in-laws would visit from New England, they approved (my ex is half Sicilian and half Jewish). That's the place that everyone "in the know" goes to for Italian anyhow.

Speaking of cheesesteaks, my best friend from high school went to dental school at Penn and took me to a place called John's Roast Pork in South Philly. Ring a bell? He said leave Geno's and that other place for the tourists.

Right Kitty? Kensington. I don't even go near it. (there was a time yes) Out of terror. Not of death ( why worry about the very real possibility of getting shot or stabbed) My fear is I won't leave. I'm being honest.

aihl- Indeed!! Your friend is correct. Another thing is as big of a deal people make out of Pat's (Steaks) - not so much. A good cheesteak does not have cheese wiz on it. Wth. Unacceptable lol

Pat's is good if you went clubbing on Delaware Ave and you have the drunk munchies. Its open really late.

Im in Clearwater- I asked a guy at a pizza place what the hell is the story the bland food? And why doesn't he make white pizza? He told me it's due to the demographic of many senior citizens and giving them ageda. That's understandable. Fair enough.

Right Kitty? Kensington. I don't even go near it. (there was a time yes) Out of terror. Not of death ( why worry about the very real possibility of getting shot or stabbed) My fear is I won't leave. I'm being honest.

aihl- Indeed!! Your friend is correct. Another thing is as big of a deal people make out of Pat's (Steaks) - not so much. A good cheesteak does not have cheese wiz on it. Wth. Unacceptable lol

Pat's is good if you went clubbing on Delaware Ave and you have the drunk munchies. Its open really late.

Im in Clearwater- I asked a guy at a pizza place what the hell is the story the bland food? And why doesn't he make white pizza? He told me it's due to the demographic of many senior citizens and giving them ageda. That's understandable. Fair enough.

Yeah Kensington. North Philly in general. What a lovely shithole.

2u73zg9.jpg

Before

2dv0d9s.jpg

Year clean with one small relapse (not my main DOC)