View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ipomoea purpurea (lsa)

benzoboss

Bluelighter
Hey i have a few ipomoea purpurea plant and they are ready to harvest.
But im not sure if they contain lsa.
I've googled it and some people say no others say yes its fucking confusing ?.
Does anyone here know if they do contain lsa.
Or do you have any experience whit ipomoea purpurea.

I was gonna try it any ways ?.
Just dont want to have high expectations whem there is a chance that it doesnt contain lsa ??.

Might be worth trying anyway, just in case. Dosage:

https://erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_dose.shtml

This dosage info is for Ipomoea violacea and not for Ipomoea purpurea. You naively assumed that the two contain exactly as much psychedelic compounds per gram, when in reality Ipomoea purpurea could easily contain 10x less (or 10x more).

For example, HBWR (which is also a Convolvulaceae like Ipomoea violacea and Ipomoea purpurea) is more than 10x more potent than Ipomoea violacea and the "common dose" 100 - 250 seeds for Ipomoea violacea would be a massive overdose with HBWR.

So we first have to determine the ratio of Ipomoea violacea vs. Ipomoea purpurea. Are there any experience reports?

Yeah i found that out to.
Found a old paper about the egot alkaloid comtent of a few ipomoes.
I. Purpurea had 35.4-+8,4
And i. Violacea 516-+26 microgram a gram of seeds.

This dosage info is for Ipomoea violacea and not for Ipomoea purpurea. You naively assumed that the two contain exactly as much psychedelic compounds per gram, when in reality Ipomoea purpurea could easily contain 10x less (or 10x more).

For example, HBWR (which is also a Convolvulaceae like Ipomoea violacea and Ipomoea purpurea) is more than 10x more potent than Ipomoea violacea and the "common dose" 100 - 250 seeds for Ipomoea violacea would be a massive overdose with HBWR.

So we first have to determine the ratio of Ipomoea violacea vs. Ipomoea purpurea. Are there any experience reports?

The only thing I assumed was that bezoboss would read the page before acting on the info! In fairness Erowid have MORNING GLORY SEED DOSAGE at the top of the page and do identify that strength varies dramatically.

Also I never said anything about HBWR, I think it is a bit disingenuous to infer that there was any attempt to do so.