• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Coital Cephalalgia

geoffreychaucer

Bluelighter
In the past week I have suddenly began experiencing coital cephalalgia, or sexual headaches the moment I begin masturbating. As soon as I start the act I get an intense, throbbing pain in my head that diminishes over the next hour. I take kratom daily and have been taking low doses of zolpidem for sleep some days. I am seeing a doctor today to rule out the rare but serious conditions that can also produce such headaches. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this condition and whether or not you have used these drugs. Since this condition is fairly common among people people who don't use kratom and I've been using kratom regularly for years without this condition I doubt that it is related but I am going to try to quit all drugs for the next weeks to see if the headaches go away as a result. I am 24-years old, in very good shape, working out almost every day with no similar issues during non-sexual physical exertion. I eat a balanced diet although every time I have experienced coital cephalalgia has been during the morning so it's possible it has something to do with low blood sugar.

Thanks,

geoffreychaucer

I used to get these at the very beginning of my physical opiate addiction. Exertion headaches they called them, from lifting sometimes but mostly sex

I would theorize that the kratom is involved.

Otherwise try drinking tons of water, multivitamin, and ibuprofen.