• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No withdrawal wtf

Hightol

Greenlighter
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy] Just a little background on me before I ask away. I have an extremely high tolerance to Roxy and I mean of epic proportions. My low days were 300mg and my high days I am to ashamed to even say. I have attempted getting clean once or twice in five years but I simply couldn't do it. A couple weeks ago I ran low while away so I made 20/30mg's last four days. I usually have that many for breakfast figuratively speaking. The point is my WD symptoms weren't there and my cravings were through the roof but I made it without much effort. When I got home I had 120 waiting for me and in a total binge 95 were gone in a matter of days. I felt like a total loser but instead of getting more I decided to finally really give it a try. I tapered the last 25 over the next week. Instead of taking them on a set schedule I waited until my body could not wait anymore. I would get excited thinking that magic blue pill would give me relief 25 times and 25 times it did nothing but make me crave even more. This took alot of willpower and just in case I felt a moment of weakness I put them in a timelock safe always setting the lock to open a bit later. As time increased my cravings grew stronger and stronger but I was able to function normally with the crave being the only WD symptom. By Wednesday last week at 8pm I had waited 18 hours for my last dose and then panic set in. I knew I would now that in 18-20 hours I would be entering WD. Well the mind over matter right. The restlessness started in about two hours. Damn placebo effect. It didn't matter how long I went in between doses days before. Once I knew I was out, it was over. Here's the kicker, I assume that by lowering my response so acutely over a week the WD was manageable. A little bit of restlessness but that's it. I smoked a little bit of bud and took a xan and I fell asleep. Yes I kicked a bit in my sleep but not enough to keep me up. I woke up as usual Thursday at 5am and I felt I was ready to transition onto Sub. I have some left over from my last attempt and the doctors script was 2/16mg per day for a month. I figured since I was feeling so so I would only take 8mg to put the restlessness to bed. That was Thursday morning and I tapered the subs as I did the rox over the next three days. Today is Sunday and I'm 17 hours in without anything and I still feel great. My craving is obviously there but it's not bad and no symptoms whatsoever. So should I hold out and see what happens or should I take a maintenance of 2mg or so. Idk what to do, I feel different, even though im off of everything I'm not anxious, I'M not looking everywhere to see if I can find a single pill which btw if I look hard enough I guarantee I will find more than 1. Will this LAST. I truly hope so because I don't have any bud,xan and I quit smoking last Wednesday. I really don't want to trade one for another. Last bit of weirdness yesterday I found a bottle of 15mg with 30 pills inside that I forgot I had for true emergencies and I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed two full boxes of fenny that I never used and dropped them off at Walgreens. After just getting off by the hairs on my chinny chin chin I decided why reset the clock. I hope I'm really done.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]The only way to beat the beast is to find the beast within

*** I wrote this this morning and forgot to hit send. I'm wide awake. It's been 29 hours since my last sub and the crave was surprisingly not there all the time. I only craved when I remembered that I was trying to get clean. I can't sleep but no WD. I'm gonna stay off as long as my body allows me too. I'm gonna call this Acute Withdrawal Avoidance lol. Now someone else try and let me know if this is just me or a one time gift. I know last time I only made it a few days and that was on 32 mg of sub. That doctor was planning on keeping me on for a very long time. Jerk
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SFUIText-Heavy]Sorry about font size. I cant change it [/FONT]

you never really had opioids out of your system, therfore no withdrawl. Try making it to day 3 or 4 with no oxy or day 5 without sub and see how you feel.

17 hours is NOTHING without subs. I would usually only dose subs once every 24 hours and be fine.

Sub withdrawal doesn't start until the 3rd day without subs, it peaks on the 5th day.

Agree, I think if you go a real stretch with nothing you'll probably feel it for sure. Unless for some crazy reason you were granted a mulligan by the universe. When I've had get to where I was going to run out of my meds early, I would start reducing my doses, severely at times. Physically I would usually be pretty much OK but oh the brain. I would have so much trouble mentally. Watching the clock constantly even though at times the amount I would do was so miniscule I'd hardly feel it. Didn't matter, I'd be craving like mad. So I guess what I'm saying is that the biggest obstacle is the mind, no question. I do wish you all the luck in the world going forward.

Actually it was 29 hours when I finally hit send and 36 hours as of this reply. I still feel fantastic. I also totally agree that most of the battle is mental. I cannot explain why I have yet to feel much if anything. Let's look at this from a different perspective. Some people go through horrific WD with a diet of 120mg and less. I'm not there. By noon my respiratory system if I were let's say new at this would be shut down and me in serious trouble. I need that much to maintain. When I first started in the summer of 2011 I was in the best shape of my life. Screw a six pack I had an 8 pack, 20 inch biceps and a v shaped back. Then one day I had a horrific accident that ended my will to even live. I destroyed my entire left side of my body in a motorcycle wreck. Doctors claim that if I wasn't carrying that much muscle they fear the injuries could have been worse. I laid in bed for a year and had to learn to walk again. In fact after a couple of weeks of self pity when the doctors feared my walking days were over I pushed extremely hard to get where I am today. Roxy was a quality of life drug for me and of coarse I enjoyed the euphoria but still needed it to overcome my hurdles. I wore a fenny patch, I had my regular dose and a breakthrough dose. The amount of oxy in my bloodstream has always been exuberantly high and in the last three years only increased to what some might deem as extremely dangerous. With that said my receptors should not be acting this way. I should be hurting and honestly while I am thankful. I am also very worried about my overall success. My pain levels are high and I am wishing them away with aleve (yeah right). If I avoided WD so easily then what is going to keep me from going back to my ways. What keeps me from saying I can get clean whenever I want. So while my fears of WD scare me I hope you are right and I will be hurting at some point today. Stupid to say but a few terrible days and a bad stretch of a few weeks is nothing in comparison to continuously keep digging this hole I'm in. They say that when you hit rock bottom "stop digging" and eventually you will reach the top of the pit and that is when your life will start

it sounds like you might have negated the worst of the withdrawals with the subs?

do you know about bupe rapid tapers? i swear by em :)

Yeah, I agree with spacejunk, bandit, lucid, and beachbum. I've kicked subs twice in jail (with nothing ofc) after I had weened myself down to 2mg/day and I remember thinking "man, this aint shit. If I could be at home and have things the way I want, in my own bed, getting as comfortable as possible, this wouldn't be anything a handful of xanny bars and some liquor couldn't handle", and I was a heavy duty heroin addict (I was a dealer with my own package very often, and I made my dope strong) for 21 years (with pills and liquor in the mix too). During your roxy detox, you had a subs wean, so you pretty much always had something "on board" during your "kick". I can tell you from experience that helps a lot. If you just cold turkeyed it, with no comfort drugs, you would have experienced what I call "delayed WDs", based on what you said. I've been in the midst of major dope habits (at least 5 shots of 3 bags/caps each per day, often more, plus the pills and booze) and sometimes I'd wake up in the morning and not be sick until that evening. These were during periods where I was running dope and scoring for people and didn't have a package of my own. I would be waiting and waiting, nobody was calling to score and I was broke, and kept wondering "okay, when is the hell gonna start?"I thought I was "cured", until about dusk, when the first signs of WDs started to poke their ugly heads up. It was a weird thing, but it does happen sometimes. Eventually, you will get sick if you have nothing in the way of comfort and coping meds, if you had a real habit for a long time, and you certainly did/do (I have pretty severe chronic pain, 20+ years and counting, and I don't feel a thing on 90mg of roxy per day, even taking it all at once, but I sure as hell get sick as fuck if I don't have any opioids that day. How long it takes is based on when my previous dose was, how much I ate, my personal body chemistry at the time, and other factors. Sometimes, just knowing that you have the oxy/whatever opioid to do something about it if you feel WDs coming on (like finding that bottle of roxy 15s), can delay the WDs. I think it's the same brain mechanics that can make you think yourself up into thinking you're sicker than you are, sooner than you are.

When spacejunk mentions rapid sub tapers, I totally get what he means. I've had pretty decent benzo and booze assisted sub tapers with as few as 5 * 8mg subs with a major heroin addiction. The xanny bars and liquor helped get me thru what otherwise would have been very uncomfortable. I wasn't doing cartwheels, but it wasn't bad. If you'd have been in that situation locked up, you would have likely had a much different experience. I've been there and done that for decades, and can tell you from personal experience, a good size opioid habit is gonna pack WDs at some point. You may experience some weirdness like delayed WDs sometimes, but I can tell you bro, the WDs inevitably happen at some point, you can't escape them.

See I agree with downerhead and space junk. Rapid taper is very similar to what I did with the subs. I truly believe the success of being able to taper so quickly was the fact I also rapidly tapered my pills. Well sorta. Either way I'm 40 hours in and still Nada. I'm no longer clogged when I go to the bathroom. I've only been constipated a few times but when you take as much as I did you have no need to go daily and when you go Jesus you really go, sorry TMI. I do have one last personal question. How long before you regain sexual stamina? Definitely not the same as when you have tons of opioids in your system. Yes it kills the drive but you can't issue your lady an IOU and I can say that while I could last an eternity, I soon realized women wanna go longer but not hours every single time. Right now kinda feeling it's happening much faster for me than ever. I did read that is a temporary issue but how temporary?

I'm sorry not to read before posting, but my situation relates... I just did opiate inpatient detox using phenobarbital and requip and not only had no withdrawals, but feel free from the Opiates. I do have pain and that's a trigger and I did make about 15-30 mg worth of morphine and other active in pst as my home environment is not therapeutic like a hospital and in fact traumatizing so I couldn't sleep and after the lidocaine patch fell off my shoulder just was too much. I'm hoping it's just that I was feeling gabapentin rebound effects from 300 mg as well as the phenobarbital and that tonight will be easier allowing me to sleep with just the requip and maybe the half a clonodine if I get chills from my use last night although I am concerned.

I will say this though. Anyone wanting off Opiates do an in patient phenobarbital based detox treatment as if your tolerance isn't that severe you will likely have little to no withdrawals... I thought I would as coming in everyone said other people on heroin said day 3-4 was the worst, but I started feeling better day 3! Besides some situational bullshit creating anxiety causing chills, but music fixed that fast.

OP - You mentioned taking Aleve as an OTC fix when you were really hurting. If you can take it, my experience has been that ibuprofen is the best OTC pain reliever I've come across. Even with all the pain meds I take, there are times when the ibuprofen makes all the difference in the world.

I've given all OTC medicines a shot. Nothing helps, Including the Pill that got me here.

When you're not dependant on opiates trust me there's a difference when you use otc meds and they do work. Even tylonal at 325 mg works.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. I have ibuprofen and will give it another shot. Meds have strange effects on me. The pills at first gave me that warm fuzz in the first few months but as time progressed they didn't even mask the pain anymore. I know that when I had my last procedure on my leg I couldn't take the pain in the recovery room. The doctor gave me one shot past the legal limit and still no relief. They ended up giving me something incredibly strong which was like hitting me over the head with a bat. I was totally out for the rest of the day. Not fun

Talk to your doctor about it don't just take my advice. I still have minor acute wds, but nothing bad and it's my fault for using a small amount of Opiates the night before this one.

How ya doing today Hightol?

So far so good. I was super busy yesterday and didn't even think about my crave most of the day at all. Last night I grabbed a sub and went up for bed. I felt super anxious and really felt I would give in but I did find some fresh toke and before I knew it I was out cold. Tonight is day 7 off the blues and day four fully clean. I'm a believer of the Rapid taper now :)

Subs are an even worse dependancy. I know from experience... You should really consider in patient detox IMO. You do what you want though... I guess?

My insurance blows and will not pay a few grand to get me clean although I think I'm good. It's been 4 days since I took a sub and I don't really see me giving in. I don't smoke pot that much and have been using it to fall asleep. Other than that I'm clean

First time caller, long time listener. I've WD from just about every op out there. And H is by far the worst. If your intravenously taking these things,that is. I'm so strung out now it ain't funny. Tacodude, I'm hoping to kick soon. Any lasting side effects?