• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine first time

LoveSexDreamz

Bluelighter
I've come into possession of what looks like 2-3 fl Oz of codeine. 30mg codeine per oz plus Tylenol or promethazine not sure. I was advised "not to take it all". I was thinking of starting with 1 fl Oz and wait an hour. Is this right? I don't want to OD since this is harm reduction. Thanks

Isn't there a label on the bottle? 30mg is a light dose, but might be noticeable for someone with no tolerance. If you're not sure what else is in it, or even what it actually is, probably best to find out first.

I think it's 30 codeine 300 Tylenol I just don't want to overdose I've never had a full agonist except Percocet once and Vicodin once 5mg each and they both pretty much knocked me out I do use kratom

Last edited:
are you absolutely certain you know what is in that bottle? if not, bin it.
did you take the vicodin and perc at the same time or separately? if so, i reckon 100-150mgs codeine would sort u out pal
do you have anyone to sit with you while you do this? might be a pertinent choice with you tolerance

Separate but very strong each time I don't have a sitter. I'm confused it says 6.25/10 prometh/codeine and to take by the tsp. It looks to be about 12 tsp. Does that mean 10mg is in each tsp?

Last edited:
i doubt you'll feel much from 30 but no one knows as much about you and your specific tolerance as you - go for it man, and please let us know how you get on
if you wouldnt mind could you give us abit of info about yourself? gender, age .height, weight etc, it'd give us a better idea on the doses

Male 22 5"10 140 lb I'm just concerned if it's 10mg per tsp because all it says is take 1 tsp 3x daily for cough and 6.25/10 prom/cod id like to start closer to 50mg after an allergy test

Is this stuff usually doses per tsp or what

Last edited:
oh sorry, i forgot it was liquid. do you have access to an oral syringe? they're made for syrups like that and make dosages really precise and easy.
honestly, for someoe of your gender, age and build - discounting any innate sensitivity to opiates - i would expect you to need at the very least 120mgs, but only you know you so i suggest doing what your doing right now and taking low doses and working your way up slowly til you achieve the effects you're looking for, which actually; are you looking to nod? or just have a nice little buzz or what?

Recreational plus I take kratom for anxiety. I usually go off psychonsut wiki or erowid and start low. The equianelgesic chart shows 60-100mg being like 7mg of oxy. The label is just so confusing. I have a teaspoon for dosing might as well start with a tsp or tbsp and work my way up right

You will not overdose on 90mg of Codeine. In fact, you will probably need to take the entire bottle simply to experience the true effects of Opiates. In case you are unaware, Codeine (3-Methylmorphine) is metabolized in vivo to Morphine at a rate of approximately 10%. This varies from person to person based upon their unique physiology, specifically, their levels of enzyme activity. At any rate, you should not be in any danger consuming the entire amount and I would actually reccomend it if you want to have a good time.

There are individuals who are hypersensitive to Opiates, but it's a very, very uncommon occurence. It's stated in various medical literature that the minimum lethal dosage of Morphine is around 200mg, but sensitive individuals can have a serious reaction to as little as 60mg. My point is that you're not even in the ballpark of a lethal dose. Drink the contents and enjoy.

You will not overdose on 90mg of Codeine. In fact, you will probably need to take the entire bottle simply to experience the true effects of Opiates. In case you are unaware, Codeine (3-Methylmorphine) is metabolized in vivo to Morphine at a rate of approximately 10%. This varies from person to person based upon their unique physiology, specifically, their levels of enzyme activity. At any rate, you should not be in any danger consuming the entire amount and I would actually reccomend it if you want to have a good time.

There are individuals who are hypersensitive to Opiates, but it's a very, very uncommon occurence. It's stated in various medical literature that the minimum lethal dosage of Morphine is around 200mg, but sensitive individuals can have a serious reaction to as little as 60mg. My point is that you're not even in the ballpark of a lethal dose. Drink the contents and enjoy.
Thanks my only concern is dose I *think* it's 6.5/10 codeine per tsp. Plus promethazinr is a strong sedative. It also says quantity 200 (full bottle) which puts it anywhere from 12 tsp to 20tsp *i think* I just like to how much I take plus I want to keep it low since it's cod/prometh

Thanks my only concern is dose I *think* it's 6.5/10 codeine per tsp. Plus promethazinr is a strong sedative. It also says quantity 200 (full bottle) which puts it anywhere from 12 tsp to 20tsp *i think* I just like to how much I take plus I want to keep it low since it's cod/prometh

Unless you have plans to accomplish something, you're fine. You can drink a shit ton of that formulation and not be in any danger whatsover. Put away your keys, chug it, and be prepared to itch. The itch on codeine is intense.

Unless you have plans to accomplish something, you're fine. You can drink a shit ton of that formulation and not be in any danger whatsover. Put away your keys, chug it, and be prepared to itch. The itch on codeine is intense.
Thanks for reassurance my only concern now is nausea which probably won't happen anyway

I found that it's commonly dosed by the ML 15-60. I doubt the bottle would say 3 tsp a day if it was. The 200 quantity makes sense now - 200mL.

I just want to know how much is in this stuff.

Should I be dosing by the mL or by the tsp, the label has both on it?

ALSO I take magnesium citrate. Thanks

Last edited: