Things I Hate in Music

♥ Lady Bug ♥

Ex-Bluelighter
- What with these metal bands and the constant double bass drums going off? It saturates the rhythm to much. And it sounds like shit live because you cant properly mix your instruments without confusing bullshit going off

- Pretentious purely instrumental songs

- Too many instruments playing at once which results in a lack of definition for the sounds

- Seen Tool twice in concert and their light show and sound filler between songs legit took up more than 15 minutes of actual song playing

- Electronic drums

- Someone has to tell Slipknot that having more members in your band doesnt necessarily make it better. Seen these guys in concert and one dude wearing a mask was on stage doing nothing but jerking off his long nose. He should have been arrested.

- Songs where men are apologizing to women (usually R&B)

Okay, now you.

I hate the lack of dynamic range in music: now-a-days it's a "loudness war". I'm not taking genre specific here, folks. It's at the mix/master level where they compress the shit out of the signal to make it louder than the competition.

I hate the lack of melodic variety: in the past the entire scale was used for a given song. Now-a-days 2 or 3 notes is sufficient (LOL)

Music needs a giant reset, less control to big corporate control, more to the "soul".

I'm done, peace out!

The use of auto-tune on vocals.
Songs which use the same chord sequence for both the verse and chorus. for example, "With or without you" by U2 & "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes
The use of Saxophones in rock.
Most rap.
"Edgy" female singers who use an affected glottal stop because they think it's cute.. e.g Lily Allen.

Last edited:
@GaryGlisten:

I don't know how I missed auto-tune. Rest assured I am properly chastising myself. Mea Maxima Culpa !

No doubt I'm treading om a few toes here but the ubiquitous "Cookie Monster" type vocals in most death/black metal and hardcore music these days generally sound more ridiculous than the purveyors seem to realize. Even more so when you come to read the lyrics.