• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My Amphetamine Binge Advice

chasingabee

Bluelighter
A few days ago I receive 1 gram of amphetamine (speed) I bought on the dark net. It was advertised as 85% pure. It was my first time trying the drug and I binged on it and took more than half of it in a day. I have felt very depressed ever since with hardly any energy or motivation. Was this a huge amount to take? Is there any chance that I have caused myself damage from taking so much of it? How long can I expect before I feel better?

Yes, that was far too much for a first time usage, and your side-effects are pretty common.

15-30mg would have been a typical beginner's dose - so you had 20-30 times what you needed.

You'll probably take a week or two to recover fully. Make sure you sleep, eat and exercise well and it will speed things up.

An idiot would be someone who died of an OD. At least you're still here and asking questions, with probably no long-term damage done. Next time when you try a new drug for the first time, make sure you read about it and get dosing advice before you use ;)

Thanks guys for the advice.

I woke up this morning feeling suicidal and called an emergency phone line for help. I feel what I did was so fucked up. The worst part is that I cheated on my girlfriend when I was high on the drug and the guilt has been overwhelming. I even told her about it and I think my relationship of 10 years could be over. I'm so hoplessly depressed about this situation.

I went for a run to get exercise which has helped a bit and I have been eating healthily with lots of fruits and veg. I hope things are going to work out ok.

That's a lot of amphetamine to start with..I'm sorry for you gf, I hope things will get better.
I remember first time it was like a small line..and It was making me euphoric for like 10 hours straight without accusing hunger or sleep. I did like 1-2 lines everytime I was using it (kinda like once a month, something like, when a festival occured) and that was enough for me, maybe too much, when I was coming home I still had eyes wide open and no hunger at all. And I remember those times when one single line could give me almost the same effect of the E, at least for the first 30min-1h.
Then I started to work and other problems came in my life, not to mention depression and boredom, so the assumption increased by a lot, it was not anymore the "party drug" u take sometimes when u go to the club, it was like my breakfast.
Now I don't feel anymore the "mdma rush" when I take it, I don't even feel euphoric. It's just a little slap on my face so I don't look sleepy. I can even eat and sleep after taking it..what a joke don't u think? Now I'm reducing it slowly, because I want it to be again an occasional party drug, not my breakfast. And I don't want to abuse it anyway.

So take a break, don't abuse and you will be fine. And if you really want to test something new, start with small doses and wait some time for the effect, don't be impatient :)
Best Luck!

Next time when you try a new drug for the first time, make sure you read about it and get dosing advice before you use ;)
This x1,000,000. Honestly, the fact that people DON'T do this completely baffles me....
I always have (aside from my first experiences with psychoactive substances- tobacco, alcohol, weed- as child), so it's just absolutely unnatural not to....and astounding that so many people do not... I don't get it.

But I am happy you're at least here now OP, and do sincerely hope you'll follow the correct protocols next time as CFC suggested and I've reiterated. And ALWAYS feel free to ask questions here at BL if you're ever unsure of anything.

Definitely be smarter in the future, and I hope things work out for you in your situation you've created.
Good luck and be safe.

-PA