• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just jumped off methadone at 2.5mg. Rapidly reduced myself from 70mg, 5mg per drop.

I drink around 4 liters of clean water per day by the way which may of helped a lot.

I actually did this the other day when I ran out of bottled water haha :)
A lot of people here in Toronto do this because they dont trust the tapwater.
They take a large 6 litre pot, boil the water and then store it into 6 coke bottles in the fridge

I drink around 4 liters of clean water per day by the way which may of helped a lot
Maybe you just discovered a new way to beat withdrawals

Hello, b0b546. I am really sorry to know that you have unfairly incurred such terrible tortures, and I hope that everything will turn out alright soon. I feel that you are a strong person, and this harsh period of your life will only make you stronger. I've never been addicted to opiates, even though I once indulged in exorbitant doses of tramadol. However, I had serious problems with Lyrica last year. When I realised that my use of this medication was spiralling out of control, I had been abusing it for half a year, so I was hooked as can be. It was a most horrible period of my life: I lost my close friends, because I would become nasty and aggressive, my mother was suffering because of my fucking around instead of studying and because my dad began drinking heavily, and when the time had come to face my problem squarely, I was broke, lonely, depressed, and despondent. I am just saying this so you know that I understand your situation.

BTW, you said in your first message that you were running out of cash. I enjoyed reading your posts a lot, you have impeccable spelling and grammar, and you have a special style of writing which is easy to read and captivating at the same time. So I was thinking, why don't you e-mail me at [email protected], so I can refer you to a ghostwriting service that is in a crying need of native English speakers because of the upcoming working season starting in mid-September. You can PM me instead, if you wish, but I don't visit this site so often, so I don't guarantee a quick response. I've been working for this company since January, and although I am not a NES myself, I still managed to earn some $1000 monthly. Anyways, I wish you good luck, and should you think you are interested, don't hesitate to contact me. Stay strong.

Last edited:
Hello, b0b546. I am really sorry to know that you have unfairly incurred such terrible tortures, and I hope that everything will turn out alright soon. I feel that you are a strong person, and this harsh period of your life will only make you stronger. I've never been addicted to opiates, even though I once indulged in exorbitant doses of tramadol. However, I had serious problems with Lyrica last year. When I realised that my use of this medication was spiralling out of control, I had been abusing it for half a year, so I was hooked as can be. It was a most horrible period of my life: I lost my close friends, because I would become nasty and aggressive, my mother was suffering because of my fucking around instead of studying and because my dad began drinking heavily, and when the time had come to face my problem squarely, I was broke, lonely, depressed, and despondent. I am just saying this so you know that I understand your situation.

BTW, you said in your first message that you were running out of cash. I enjoyed reading your posts a lot, you have impeccable spelling and grammar, and you have a special style of writing which is easy to read and captivating at the same time. So I was thinking, why don't you e-mail me at [email protected], so I can refer you to a ghostwriting service that is in a crying need of native English speakers because of the upcoming working season starting in mid-September. You can PM me instead, if you wish, but I don't visit this site so often, so I don't guarantee a quick response. I've been working for this company since January, and although I am not a NES myself, I still managed to earn some $1000 monthly. Anyways, I wish you good luck, and should you think you are interested, don't hesitate to contact me. Stay strong.

Hello, It's great to hear from people who have been in a similar situation, I hope you are doing well and keeping strong! I will be emailing you shortly as i'm certainly interested in earning some extra money while I develop my website and book. Thank you for your reply, much appreciated!

At this point I don't think you will get them. They drop you 3mgs a week here. It's not that I need the Dr, I need his signature to continue dropping the mgs! I am trying to follow their recommendations bc I relapsed when I did it my way off subs. That relapse cost me more than I want to even get into. Put it this way the IRS will eventually catch up to me! Causes a tremendous amount of stress. Also, I know realize I can't be around people in active addiction. A couple bad days and I fold like a cheap suit. I need to worry about me only! So I know the mistakes I made last time and won't repeat them. I'm happy for you and my goal is to be 100% done by 2018.

I will be emailing you shortly as i'm certainly interested in earning some extra money while I develop my website and book
If you're writing a book on your life stories it'll be a bestseller, I guarantee it.
Might wanna turn it into a Tarantino movie as well :D

Then you're probably homefree.

Those 4 litres of water you drank every day, was it all filtered water or boiled tapwater??

I only drank boiled tap water on Monday as I was completely out of money, however thankfully I had a bunch of old PS2 and Nintendo wii games in my attic which I went and cashed in at Cex (didn't even know I could sell them as they are so old haha). I drink Aqueo still spring water and it only costs me £1.00 for 4 2-liter bottles at Aldi in the UK, therefore costing me 50 pence per day to drink 4 litres.

If you're writing a book on your life stories it'll be a bestseller, I guarantee it.
Might wanna turn it into a Tarantino movie as well :D

Haha i hope so mate but I never get my hopes up about anything. I always expect the worst but hope for the best :)

Last edited:
Day 7 - Hello. It's now day 7 and I'm withdrawal free, I'm going to go ahead and say that I've managed to get off methadone without any withdrawal symptoms, and for anybody else in the process of getting off it, it can be done, easily! Pure dedication and motivation works wonders :) Thanks to everybody who posted in this thread, you are all real good people and I wish you all luck in your future endeavors.

So it's over now, right? You will be an inspiration for hundreds of people who will stumble upon this thread in the future, and you can quote me on that ;)

Great job. I hope to add on to your thread as another pain free mmt detox. I start back up with decrease in September.

So it's over now, right? You will be an inspiration for hundreds of people who will stumble upon this thread in the future, and you can quote me on that ;)

Yea it's day 10 now, still feeling good and I am pretty certain there's no chance of withdrawals kicking in any time after now :)

I did a quick taper, but I wasn't ever on much. I think I sat at 18mg for a month or So, at my highest dose I think I took 50mg and it knocked me on my butt. Anyways I'm 7 days out of the clinic. I dosed at 1mg for my last day there, 2.5 the day before that for 3 days, 5mg for 3 days I think and so on. Anyways I had 2 take homes of 1mg. I took one that Sunday, and one Tuesday evening. I've had mild withdrawal symptoms, but nothing terrible. I'm struggling to sleep and I actually feel really cloudy in my head. I work in management in a very high risk area so this hasn't been the easiest. I called in Monday and Tuesday, told them that I had the flu so that covered my spaciness throughout the rest of the week. Anyways good job tapering and good luck to you in the future. a quick taper wasn't really terrible I guess everyone's different.

can anyone help me figure out my situation? II'm currently hooked on h, have been for 2 years now. And I know about p/w and how it works in the sense of using bupe too early into wd. Last night I waited 12 hrs after my last dose to do a sub, it was an 8 mg suboxone strip. I did about 2 mg bupe induced intravenously, I have experienced pw before but this was on another level. I was retarded sick for about an hour and was able to pass out only because i was up for 3 days prior. This morning I woke up feeling ok, and it's now been almost 13 hrs since that last shot of bupe. I'm trying to kick the h and use subs to help me get off it. So.. since I did the bupe and went thru withdrawals, the real question now is, am I able to take another shot/sublingual dose without going thru pw again? Since the h on my receptors has been replaced by bupe and now the bupe is wearing off, would I have to worry about going into pw? Or would I start to feel better ?