• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Gastritis forcing me to quit recreational drugs and alcohol

starting_over

Bluelighter
I have been forced onto the sober living wagon. Alcohol, NSAIDs, and a brief 3 month stint with cocaine back in 2015 led to gastritis.

Somehow my gastritis has come back after drinking watered down vodka, and it is an ugly reminder of what could happen if I keep drinking or doing drugs. It’s been almost 2 years since my initial bout with gastritis, and I have a feeling that this may be chronic.

My lungs get easily irritated now, due to snorting ER hydromorphone last year, so that ROA is out. I briefly considered plugging, but the risk of proctitis / colitis has put me off. My unease towards my health has been growing, and the last time I did mdma, it was an anxiety-filled experience, devoid of any fun or real introspection. It seems my body just isn’t cut out for recreational drugs anymore.

Opiates are the only drug that I find worthwhile and non-irritating to the GI tract. But with the recent shutdown of the DNMs, and street drugs being contaminated with fentanyl and its analogues, there is little point in seeking these out. Only a legitimate prescription would convince me to buy… alas, nobody I know has them due to the new regulations on physicians. I went from the relatively innocent time of weed and mdma, to the spiralling despair of opiate addiction... I hope that I will be strong enough to avoid opiates in the future.

I want to thank everyone on BL for the help and support that I have received over the years, from this account to my previous one. I especially want to thank herbavore -- I hope that one day, I will be able to help someone in real life in the same way that you have helped me.

Hopefully I can overcome my anxiety over my physical and mental health (symptoms being real or imaginary?) and become the healthcare professional that I am trying to be. At this point, recreational drugs are only hindering my goals.

I'm not sure if I will be posting much on BL anymore, as I feel like I should move onto a new chapter of my life. Good luck to everyone.

Thank you so much for that acknowledgment. <3 I will miss your presence here but I certainly support your decision to move on. I hope that you will stay in touch with me as you do. This world is in a dark, dark place these days and we can all use all the support we can get. There are so many people here on Bluelight, who, because of their lives and struggles are in a much deeper place of understanding; and from that have so much to give. I know that you will spread compassion wherever you go. Stay in touch and be a peace warrior out there!;)=D