• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

SL Music Thread v. 2nd Take

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KxtgS2lU94[/video]

Live!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ex61WEy0k-g[/video]

For those times when you need a reminder to breathe

"Find yourself in some delightful inner space in your mind, where time can loose its usual meaning and your able to perceive so many things in a different way.
Now I just like you to be aware of your breathing.
Taking deep relaxing breaths"

And if anyone has read or seen Naked Lunch (by Burroughs) this song will make more sense...

^ I liked both, although I didn't read or seen The Naked Lunch.

It sucks NSA isn't around to help keep this thread alive. So, in his honor...

This song explain the key and crucial elements to making progress in long term, sustainable recovery. As the long says, "make your transition" :)

RIP NSA :(

Unrelated, I just can't help myself having listened to it earlier today and it being so delicious...

Also because I haven't heard it in a while and I just love this song on so many levels. This is also an awesome video with the postcards of lynchings that up until very recently were very popular (I imagine they'd be popular again given the current political climate). Reminds me of the Without Sanctuary project, which is really quite amazing, and it sucks there website doesn't look like it is available online anymore :(

Anyways on to the sad depressing most beautiful of music...

Last edited by a moderator:
And since I seem to be on a roll here...

That last video is probably the most applicable to the recovery support and sober living forums in particular <3

In addiction, home most definitely ends up being where the hatred is...

Some of the jammy guitar and keyboard in this song reminds me of NSA's favorite tunes <3

NSA = neversickanymore. He had some private stuff that necessitated his leaving BL. Sad, because he was an important senior staff member and did a tremendous amount of good work contributing to BL's growth and overall wellbeing, SL in particular.

Along with users like Captain.Heroin and spacejunk, NSA was among the first BLers I came to particularly look up to when it came to using BL to enhance one's recovery. He was definitely a role model of sorts, for sure, and in more ways than one. I came on senior staff just after he had to leave BL, and thinking I almost had the chance to work with him is sort of depressing. I miss having the opportunity to work with him.

He particularly enjoyed psychedelic garage rock and jam band music, especially along the lines of deadhead stuff <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I pm'd NSA when I was in the deepest part of my addiction and asked him "How do you stop"

While I was lying on the floor of jail naked--so sick I couldn't move- I thought 2 things "I'm losing everything today" (meaning my apt and all my worldly possessions) And - "NSA did this and made it"

He is an awesome human being. <3

*Definitely off music topic but*
"Im losing everything today" reminds me of Fight Clubs "It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."
and
Lately Ive been creeping old friends on facebook and Ive been thinking...
I love finding inspiration in the actions of others. But its not the same when its been "easy" for them, however; I recognize we all struggle to some degree. And Im reminded of
"Its easy to win, anybody can win"
From A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick