View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Filtering powdered ketamine for IM, Safety and advice

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
I have the opportunity to get apparently very pure(could mean anything right?) ketamine crystals and they've come through the darkweb.

I have some 0.02um filters(i think.... The ones that filter out bacteria) and I want to make an infusion to IM. I plan to do a skin-pop test first to see whether any kind of reaction occurs.

Does anyone have any kind of advice, and how unlikely is it that a soluble cut wouldn't be tolerated by muscle? Lastly what is the most likely complication and what's the worst thing that could happen?

This is one of the last of my to-do's when it comes to drugs(IM ketamine) and I don't want to lose my leg coz of some preventable mistake.

Thanks and and any feedback is totally appreciated. If this goes well I'll be doing 150-200mg on the tail end of a 3-450mcg LSD trip.

P.s Soon re-reading this post it's pretty noob-ish and not very good. I hope the msg gets through. ATM I'm zonked on heroin, the leftovers in my bloodstream of clonazepam and great pot, so I'm about 60% on this planet lol

Last edited:
Sounds like you're prepared which is a good thing. Personally I only ever IM ketamine as I find it the most effective ROA and do not like snorting (susceptible to nosebleeds).

There are those who will say never IM street I, but I've never had a problem. Anyway,bso long as you use your filters I can see no problem. I've IMed many different sources of K and have never had any issues, but of course that is not to say that there is no risk. I always use disposable syringes and single use needles as well as alcohol swabs prior to IM; better safe than sorry IMHO.

The worst that can happen is an abscess forming I guess, but with the right filter and sterile precaution you can minimise the risk. Obviously make sure that the powder has completely dissolved into the liquid, but the filter should prevent any particles from getting through anyway.

I assume you're experienced as the dose mentioned is on the high end, especially following an acid trip. I can handle 200mg of K IM, and have done it following a peak before, but it is certainly towards the outer limits in terms of mind expansion!

0.02 micron filters are a very good thing. It's hard to determine the risk of soluble cuts without knowing the purity/quality of crystals. Most likely complication, pain in the muscle that may last for a few days if you inject too fast for example. It's not permanent damage to my knowledge though. If IM ketamine is new to you, I would consider a dose below 150mg, for a heavy dose 100-120mg could be more adequate (assuming it is high quality). Bad quality ketamine (can't always trust the quality reports) will probably be disappointing even with a 250mg dose, so perhaps test it nasally first?

When I was in a bad place, I skipped a lot of proper safety precautions (reusing same needle, filtering with cotton, no alcohol swabs, even using ketamine that was yellowish when in solution, do NOT recommend this). Never had any serious complications with IM, but I may have been lucky as well.

Definitely test it nasally first and see if you can notice impurities or how inert they are. Also try IM a bunch of times without the acid for various reasons:
- IM K is very strong and even if you are looking for that sort of thing it can be way more than you bargain for. Know what you are choosing by first knowing IM K.
- Learning to do IM shots for the first time on acid would be a pretty terrible plan?
- If there is something up with the K, you really wanna know about that without being on acid, by titrating your dose first to see what is up with the quality, how you respond etc.

The drugs you are using (H, benzo's) would dull a trip and make the K hard to remember etc, you know that right?

Using a micron filter is a great idea, a must with IM actually. The rest seems like a bad plan as it stands now.

Don't put pressure on the filter. They have a sort of profile for how much of which size particle they let through, it is not that simple or black and white... sometimes something still flies through. Of course if you don't reuse it or put pressure on it, you should be well in levels considered safe but again: the reality is not that discreet, more like a probability distribution.

If there are insolubles in your K you want to decant the solution off of those otherwise they will clog up your filter in no time. Ideally if there is shit in there you first use a rougher filter before proceeding to the finest ones.

Don't put pressure on the filter. They have a sort of profile for how much of which size particle they let through, it is not that simple or black and white... sometimes something still flies through. Of course if you don't reuse it or put pressure on it, you should be well in levels considered safe but again: the reality is not that discreet, more like a probability distribution.

If there are insolubles in your K you want to decant the solution off of those otherwise they will clog up your filter in no time. Ideally if there is shit in there you first use a rougher filter before proceeding to the finest ones.

I vouch for this, when I've used micron filters for solutions to be analyzed with HPLC, filtering was always done so that that there was small amount of air in the syringe so after filtering the solution drop by drop (little pressure as mentioned), the air at the end could be used to carefully squeeze remaining liquid ouf of the filter, because measurements had to be as precise as possible. In other words, if you decide to leave whatever solution remains in the filter (not much), it will lower your dosage slightly. If you manage to squeeze most of the liquid from the filter, you could do a second filtering without losing much of the solution.

IM Ketamine is great. I've done quality without any filtering (stupid ik, but I watched and knew others had done it without complications before me). Try going into this sober if I must say. How did it go? It is the only way to k hole imo. I've seen those with tolerance do up to 300mg in one shot, then dose another right after. Crazy though. Ideally you're k is cooked from a vial. Could look like this.

Overall, whenever I see insolubles in there I filter. It's great to see others advice on it, along with Capt H's micron filtering procedure which is stickied in OD