• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you know the purpose of your life?

There is only one purpose, it's the divine purpose, there is only ONE being in this world, Many are based on One only, so there is one purpose achieved as a one being in many....

There is nothing divine and there is no ONE anything. Purpose is to kill, eat, shit and reproduce. You do all that yourself and the rest is imagination.

There is nothing divine and there is no ONE anything. Purpose is to kill, eat, shit and reproduce. You do all that yourself and the rest is imagination.

Pretty cynical IMO. Why would there be an internal world filled with a sense of wonder and "spirit", why would there be an inescapable feeling of Greater Design or God?..

I would not be so quick to dismiss the Divine.

The purpose is an artificial construct that is only showing a direction of our evolution, based on memory and priorities and other constructs.

The purpose of my life particularly is to create more good than bad, help all beings that I can, learn everything I can, experience love as much as possible and have fun while I'm at it!.. =D

I don't dismiss it actually. I just responded like that to show the person I responded to how easy it is to act like you're sure of what reality is like they were doing. As to why we feel anything we feel you'd have to totally understand reality, how your brain works and why etc to know that. Just because you feel wonder it does not follow there is a mystical reason for that.

if there was nothing like that i would escape right now, in trance of samadhi....

I don't dismiss it actually. I just responded like that to show the person I responded to how easy it is to act like you're sure of what reality is like they were doing. As to why we feel anything we feel you'd have to totally understand reality, how your brain works and why etc to know that. Just because you feel wonder it does not follow there is a mystical reason for that.

Thanks for sharing your experience

I'm sure of Spirit as my ultimate reality, and you dismiss it as a mental hallucination?

I always point out something : my experience of Spirit is not only a mental ideal conception but a Physical experience, like touching a Concrete wall.

It supports the physical world, it coexists even here behind the Viel, behind the curtain.

Mysticism is all about the Unseen, the stuff behind, the Hidden, the Occult, the Non Apparent, the Luminous, the Real

Last edited by a moderator:
^Talk about ego. Why are you resorting to insults?

I see very little divinity in this world too. You do and that's fine. We both have different views of reality. Just because you believe there is something greater going on doesn't mean everyone does. It certainly has not been my experience.

^Talk about ego. Why are you resorting to insults?

I see very little divinity in this world too. You do and that's fine. We both have different views of reality. Just because you believe there is something greater going on doesn't mean everyone does. It certainly has not been my experience.

Sorry man...

Getting angry when people disagree with you is a sign of belief insecurity. But I used to feel the same way so I'm not condemning it, I think it's pretty normal when you're young and some people never grow out of it.

I was extremely idealistic from age 18 through the first half of my twenties, basically my first mushroom trip changed my life. I was on a crusade to spread my knowledge and realizations. I was into the 2012 stuff (not in 2012, but peaking around 2006). I would lecture people on what was correct and what was incorrect. Looking back I miss that time, but I also feel kinda silly for some of the ways I came across. These days, I still believe we are all one, that we are all the universe experiencing itself. However I don't claim it to be anything more than belief. I used to believe that humans can fix ourselves, now I'm not so sure. I do believe that each of us can do all we can to surround ourselves with people who support us and we can all make our local worlds better than the world at large. I live very much on the Earth, which is a difference from when I was younger, where I was almost trying to transcend myself. Whereas now I believe the point of this life we're experiencing is to experience this life. If we continue beyond that (I'm not convinced, I think we are the universe so everything happening to all life is happening in one eternal moment and that when we as humans die, we cease to exist as that particular individual, but if I have experiences that suggest otherwise in the future I'm open to revising that belief), there will be plenty of time to experience that. I strongly do not believe we are supposed to try to transcend our egos... our ego is simply our sense of subjective self, yes it may be an illusion but it's what it means to live as a human, it makes no sense to try to transcend it entirely.

Life has made me a little more cynical with regards to my fellow man, but I'm happy and well-adjusted and my life is very good. I very much enjoy the little things, just breathing and taking in nature, listening to or playing music, conversing with friends, snuggling with my love or my cats. That's what life is, is the moment, the now.

Sorry man...

That's fine, it wasn't me you were calling an old man ;)

The thing with prolonged suffering is that it can blind you to the good things. I know that I struggle to imagine a world of purpose and order when I am immersed in pain. That shouldn't mean such a world doesn't exist though.

But the natural world is literally a kill or be killed struggle and humans are part of that world.

Well, ultimately our purpose in life is to reproduce. But, obviously sometimes there are bad seeds.

I know I want my purpose to be to help make the world a better place. But, how will I do that? I still have to figure that out. Am I musician? Am I doctor? Or am I an inventor?

I go to community college to study biology and I try my best on all the classes. I'm making progress.

And as for music, I usually try to make a beat on my computer and sometimes write lyrics in school. I love music and it's the only thing in life that gets me naturally high.

As for inventions. I came up with one million dollar question, imo, that could lead to an idea but, I kinda keep it close to me. I don't know if I would want to reveal it on here but I have expressed it in school and anyways, it's still just a question.

The big part is wielding it into exist and hiring employees. So far, I think I'm gonna need a chemist, a physicist, and an engineer for this.

I dunno. I'll find a way.