• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

oxymorphone er off market!! what will take its place/ can I taper in 2 weeks

myrna

Greenlighter
So my pain management Doc told me two months ago he will have to take me off oxymorphone er ( I have been on for almost 4 years ) this month. I had about a week stolen about 2 years ago and for real almost died from the withdrawl. He said he will try oxycotin most likely but that stuff is crap!! anyone else getting this med cut, and what are you going to try to get to replace it?????

This board is more towards recovery.

I would recommend suboxone maintenance if you are trying to move away from opiate abuse.

Have you talked to your doctor about a combination of the oxycontin ER, and oxymorphone IR for break through pain? Then you aren't going in WDs for morphone, and it may keep your pain from bounding back to what it was before you started the morphone ER? This is the mixture of medications that I take, and it works well for me. I think my doc saw the writing on the wall so to speak, when she took me off the oxycodone, but not the contin. Talk to your doctor and be honest about your fears, maybe he can come up with an even better idea.

You can always PM me if you would like further information regarding my medication and how it works for me. I am afraid I have written about it enough to drive people nuts!

Thanks for replying !
I'm pretty scared been taking these meds for over 4 years. He mentioned oxycontin I was going to research it, is there a generic version? I do need something for pain I have come to terms with that (cancer treatment left a lot of issues) but I hate being so dependent! I'm an older person and don't know about all this WD stuff. I did miss meds for 3 days once and thought I was going to DIE so I'm really scared about that.
thanks again for responding
Not sure how to PM someone

Thanks for replying !
I'm pretty scared been taking these meds for over 4 years. He mentioned oxycontin I was going to research it, is there a generic version? I do need something for pain I have come to terms with that (cancer treatment left a lot of issues) but I hate being so dependent! I'm an older person and don't know about all this WD stuff. I did miss meds for 3 days once and thought I was going to DIE so I'm really scared about that.
thanks again for responding
Not sure how to PM someone

Once you have 50 posts and have become a Bluelighter you can PM other members. Up to that point you can PM moderators only. To PM someone, click on their user name and you will see a menu including Send Private Message. Click on that and you will be taken to the screen to write your message. Click send and its done!:)

Have you asked about a pain clinic? I really advocate these for anyone in chronic pain.