The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Kicked from Methadone Clinic - Need Advise

CH0MP4

Greenlighter
I was recently discharged from my clinic for tampering with my urine or for "diversion" of urine sample. I didn't actually tamper with my urine. I'd been going to the same clinic for about 3 years, and I had been giving my urine sample the same way: I developed a morning ritual so that each morning I could come to the clinic ready to pee a small amount, and I would wear sweatpants so that I could urinate within the confines of my pants rather than expose my penis to the two cameras and the young female nurses that monitor it. This was the first time any nurses had said anything to me about it - I figured that if they would have a problem with it they would have said something far earlier, like, the first time I ever gave a sample. One of the nurses said she thought she saw me flush a rubber glove, but there was of course no rubber glove, I'd torn a piece of tissue paper from the roll only moments prior to wipe myself off after some spillage had occurred.

Anyway at first they said they would give me a second urinalysis, then they decided they were going to discharge me. So I filed a grievance and told them I just didn't want my penis on camera, but they didn't care and after 3 weeks of sheer terror, not knowing if I would be discharged or not, and despite giving them another UA that was also clean, they finally discharged me with no taper. They do not record the camera footage so there's no way to go back and show them there was no rubber glove, but I think the major problem they have is with me urinating within my pants. Because this is considering "diversion," I'm terrified this will haunt me when transferring to a new clinic, and that they won't accept me because of this.

I really don't know what to do. It's been two days and I know the withdrawal will soon begin in earnest. I've finally got my life together and got a good job, but I'll soon lose it all without methadone.

Is there anything I can do to force my clinic to take me back? I don't have very much money saved, but would hiring a lawyer help at all? I can't believe they discharged me without any actual evidence of wrongdoing, it seems like that should be illegal!

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

So I doubt hiring a Lawyer will help at all, especially if you don't have a ton of money saved up. You should be able to transfer to another clinic though fairly easy. I know their is a difference between Suboxone clinics and methadone, but I know 5+ people who actually pissed dirty at one clinic, got kicked off, joined another local clinic, pissed hot, got kicked out of that one and actually transferred back to that original clinic again within a 2 year time period. If you explain yourself to the new clinic, tell them you've had a lot of clean time, and that you really need this to stay clean they most likely will accept you. That being said, you should start applying and going through the necessary hoops to jump said new clinic ASAP, as it does usually take a week or two to join a new clinic. Often they have to wait for a new spot to open depending on their limit and how many people are currently going there. I hope you are able to join a new clinic quickly. We all know what serious withdrawals can do to a persons mind, and using heroin or pills will only lead you back down a road you most likely do not want to walk down. Best if luck, hope this helped a little.

Thanks so much for your response. I'm still in limbo, it's been 8 days since my last dose but somehow the withdrawals haven't begun yet which is pretty insane - I must have a terribly slow metabolism. I'm still waiting to hear from the new clinic as to whether or not I'll be allowed to transfer. My understanding is that because of the nature of my discharge, it's up to the program director as to whether or not I'll be allowed admittance. I wrote her a letter telling her how important and lifesaving methadone has been for me because that's all I could really do... so just holding my breath until tomorrow and then I guess I'll know for sure. Thanks again for your response.

They let me in at the other clinic thank glob... but i don't think they were going to. I wrote the program director a sob story and I think that might have swung the axe in my favor - I think they're admitting me as a new patient, not as a transfer. I think "Diversion" is like a state rule, like selling your methadone, that can burn you if you try to transfer to another clinic. Don't know that for sure, though.

I'm still in limbo, it's been 8 days since my last dose but somehow the withdrawals haven't begun yet which is pretty insane - I must have a terribly slow metabolism
Maybe you're one of those rare specimens who wont get withdrawal at all??