• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Low dose meth & SSRI

Na'vi

Bluelighter
Evening all,

I'm going to a festival this weekend for my birthday, been looking forward to it for over a year and I've been saving a bit of meth for the occasion (0.2g at most). I never really party any more so it's a big deal for me. I've recently been prescribed fluoxetine (prozac) 20mg daily for depression and very mild anxiety, been on it for almost four weeks now and I'm feeling good :) I know taking psychoactive substances while my mind is a bit all over the place is a bad shout, but it's just one weekend of the year where I get to party, so I'm gonna party just this once. I've been very good since the SSRI's started, not even had a drink as I heard that alcohol can interfere with the medication.

I've been googling for a while now and keep coming across conflicting reports about meth and SSRI's. Some say there's a risk of SS, some say the combo will just make me super jittery, some say there's no interaction. Has anyone got experience with low dose meth and SSRI's? Or is there some pharmacology guru about that can give me an honest answer? I was planning to just do small bumps to keep me up. All my friends are stocking up on pills (MDMA) but I've heard there's a massive risk with MDMA while on SSRI's, so I was hoping to use the meth in low doses to stay up and active with them.

Is this a bad idea?

I have taken both together. Meth is dangerous with any drug, so anything you read will be mixed. I do not know your medical history etc. so I cannot say you are going to be fine, but based on the amount you described of both, I was not in any danger when taking similar drugs together. I took Lexapro with Meth and did not have anything out of the ordinary occur. Granted Prozac and Lexapro are different they are both anti depressants and selective serotonin uptake inhibitors. With that being said, just be aware of warning signs your body sends your way, stay hydrated and be safe.

Be very careful. I had effexor in my system and did some meth. Super awsome high but my body was twitching like crazy and kinda acting like a maniac. Look up the drug facts about any pill you take and see what it blocks, what it increases and what its mainly used for.
As for the prozac in your system you might get really fuckin happy. A very tight chest like a heart attack, dizzy, manic and not hungry. Also the next day a hardcore crash and some depression

It's highly unlikely you'd develop serotonin syndrome, since meth is not MDMA in regards to serotonin. But certainly it would pay to be cautious. And do avoid MDMA just to be sure.

A major drug interaction exists between these two drugs. Why risk it if you are doing good?

Evening all,

I'm going to a festival this weekend for my birthday, been looking forward to it for over a year and I've been saving a bit of meth for the occasion (0.2g at most). I never really party any more so it's a big deal for me. I've recently been prescribed fluoxetine (prozac) 20mg daily for depression and very mild anxiety, been on it for almost four weeks now and I'm feeling good :) I know taking psychoactive substances while my mind is a bit all over the place is a bad shout, but it's just one weekend of the year where I get to party, so I'm gonna party just this once. I've been very good since the SSRI's started, not even had a drink as I heard that alcohol can interfere with the medication.

I've been googling for a while now and keep coming across conflicting reports about meth and SSRI's. Some say there's a risk of SS, some say the combo will just make me super jittery, some say there's no interaction. Has anyone got experience with low dose meth and SSRI's? Or is there some pharmacology guru about that can give me an honest answer? I was planning to just do small bumps to keep me up. All my friends are stocking up on pills (MDMA) but I've heard there's a massive risk with MDMA while on SSRI's, so I was hoping to use the meth in low doses to stay up and active with them.

Is this a bad idea?

Meth can actually release quite a lot of serotonin for non-habitual users. Which could mean serotonin syndrome. I wouldnt do it. If you do, take it slow.

My pet Tucan has been on Prozac 20mg for a week now. The other night he lost the plot and bought a half gram of crystal meth - he had been clean for 2.5 weeks - which he consumed that night (ROA was oral and nasal). He claims that the initial rush was felt more intense when on Prozac (fluoxitine), he thinks it could have something to do with the combination of increased seratonin levels already in the brain in addition to the extra seratonin from methamphetimine? Any opinions on this?

Despite the increase in euphoria initially, the drug didnt seem to give him the same overall high that he would usually experience with this dosage. However my Tucan told me it could’ve been due to the fact that he bought from an unkown dealer and it may not have been as pure as the gear he was previously using.

Towards the end of the night the poor bastard experienced moderate levels of anxiety, paranoa and visual distortion when coming down which is not unusual for him. However this was followed by an extremely depressed state for what seemed like forever,far more severe then what he was experiencing prior to this event. I am actually suprised my pet Tucan didnt commit suicide during the days following this event.

So to respond to your question I would not reccomend doing it as it will.likley lead to a period of severe depression. However this is based from my personal experience and you may not react in the same way to this drug combination.

Ive been on effexor for many years and have done all sorts of drugs in that time. Ive never had a serotonin syndrome incident but usually missed a dose for a day prior to mdma.

I dont think its a huge risk unless you are on a high dosage in which case lengthen the time between doses and dont mix any other empathogens or amphetamines on to it and keep a couple valiums around for the morning.