Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA & high dose ascorbate salts

BlueBull

Moderator: MDMA
Hi everyone

I was reading through some old posts in this thread after the OP posted an update. I read through Shugenja's replies and saw he mentioned pre- and postloading with a massive dose of ascorbate salts. He attributed some pretty profound effects to this and this made me curious. I am considering trying this out just for the heck of it and I've found some pre-mixed powder with the below composition. I'm considering taking 2-2.5 servings a day (so 2-2.5 times the amounts mentioned below) in the day leading up to my roll and on the day after, perhaps more days if you think this would be better
Serving Size: 1 Tsp (5g)

Amount Per Serving / % DV

Vitamin C (as mixed ascorbates) 2‚800mg / 4‚667%
Calcium (as calcium ascorbate) 200mg / 20%
Magnesium (as magnesium ascorbate) 100mg / 25%

So before I try this, does anyone know if
A) Taking such high doses of these salts is dangerous in itself? As far as I can tell it shouldn't be, but I am not sure. Long-term supplementation with high doses of these salts could cause adverse health-effects but short term they shouldn't. Or at least, again, as far as I can tell
B) Is this dangerous combined with MDMA? This is what worries me most as it is difficult to predict interactions. Particularly enzyme inhibition is what worries me

I realise nobody can tell me if this works or not, I'd have to try to find out. But would be nice to have a bit of insight as to whether or not this could cause issues. I will research more in the mean time to see if I can come up with a definitive answer for myself, but maybe somebody better versed in biochemistry could already shed some light on this. In any case it will be a good while before I roll again, just did last weekend, so I've got time to reach an informed decision

Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm obviously not giving medical advice here but I do have a school background in pharmacy/chemistry.

Taking those vitamins/minerals in those doses will not adversely impact health and they will not cause any dangerous interactions with MDMA. The worst thing I could see happening would be a change in onset time of the MDMA due to a potential change in stomach pH. This is relatively unlikely to cause any noticeable differences however and will would not be harmful.