European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Cunt callers phoneline fix

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Thought this might be useful for anybody here who still has a phone line and is getting daily international calls/marketing calls/general cunt caller calls: BT Callprotect.

International calls: all cunts permanently blocked. Goodbye daily phonecalls from India. x
The two cunts who called this morning: blocked.
etc

Pretty handy.

It's very useful but it seems the bullshit artists can and will get round it after a while. I'd had 20+ of these spam calls on a daily basis for a long time and ended up disconnecting the phone, after call protect was first enabled it was none for about a month or two, now seems stabilised at a <>dozen per month which I can just about live with.

My thinking is that any form filling on the internet with your telephone number generates renewed opportunities for these tossers.

My solution has been to turn off the phone ringer altogether lol! Anyone who wants me can text or call my mobile first.

My solution has been to turn off the phone ringer altogether lol! Anyone who wants me can text or call my mobile first.

This. Applies to both people who may wish to ring from time to time =D

This. Applies to both people who may wish to ring from time to time =D

Exactly. The only people that call me on the landline nowadays are my Mum and Nan. Everyone else is some idiot from Nowhereistan trying to get me to make a PPI claim =D

Get yourself an old PC, the free Asterisk software and an analogue FXO+FXS card (about £50 on eBay last I checked) and you can have as much phun with fonez as is humanly possible :) Think "Sky Blue Pink Box with Yellow Spots On" .....

(Advanced telephonistas will know what I'm talking about .....)

Yip landlines are pointless now, but this was for my parents who are self employed and need a phone for that. Or think they do.

Anyway, I still have to occasionally answer said phone when it receives numerous daily calls from call centres in India and Milton Keynes.

Or should I say did, before activating BT Callprotect!!!

Hopefully, anyway.

I should be getting paid for this.