• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health When you finally feel normal from anxiety but.....

merseyside8

Bluelighter
So I've been dealing with anxiety for over a month through a traumatic life episode. It's been pretty rough. But Right now I'm feeling pretty normal. A little too normal for me to believe everything is ok. I usually feel my heart but I'm not feeling it pound like I use to. I feel my pulse pretty fine and I'm starting to get anxiety because I just think it's too good to be true.... Can anyone relate? I have .25 xanax and thinking about taking one to go to sleep so I can feel more relaxed. I'm overthinking this and thinking my blood pressure isn't high enough and may be too low? Fml

And just to leave additional info.... I'm on daily dose of Zoloft and .25 mg as needed. Just started Thursday. I had an EKG done which turned out fine and I had blood tests come back fine as well. All this was for reassuring purposes. I'm just here scared to go to sleep thinking I won't wake up. And when I concentrate on my heart I do feel it beating steady when I'm laying on my stomach.

Anxiety can be a difficult thing to overcome. Everyone handles different situations throughout their lives differently; however, if a doctor recommended you taking Xanax that is a mild dose and will calm you down enough to sleep and relax. Typically I found that benzodiazepines were highly addictive though, and were extremely difficult to come off of, so you will want to use moderation with them.

Hey, it sounds like you're dealing with anxiety quite well at the moment :)

From what I think, it's pretty alright to feel too normal haha! When things are too normal, I like to laugh at it. I sit and wonder what the heck did I eat to feel like this!

I'd say you're more than welcome to take the xanax in any case. Do you think you need it? Xanax can lower blood pressure a little bit, but I wouldn't worry about blood pressure at all. You'll definitely just know if it's too high or too low. And if you have to ponder about it...I am certain it's in the healthy range.