• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I need help

Ihatethis

Greenlighter
I don't fully know how this works but have a question about going off opiates I don't want to be like this no more but can't seem to find the way to ask any questions can you help me please please

I believe most of us have been or still are in this same situation you are facing. Only by knowing that you have problems with opiates, drugs or alcohol is already one great first step towards your recovery. You know what you want but you don't really know how to get there. We have several threads in here where we openly discuss these issues.

In 'TDS' dealing with recovery itself, routines, also in 'other drugs', 'mental health', 'sober living', etc. You can use the tool search to see where you find some place that suits you best. Bluelight has helped me immensely, there are a lot of great people in here. I have problems with opiates and I've tried for most of my adult life to get away, and after trying for so long I am now sober for longer than ever before. It's good when you can share and be yourself, know that you are heard and not judged. People will join in to talk about their experiences, give you some suggestions and soon you'll be more motivated. It's a great community and it was all I needed few years back when I decided I really wanted to quit.

Give it a try.

It is normal to feel completely hopeless when coming off of opiates as well as depressed. A lot of people will try to do it on their own rather than going to the hospital or a professional because they are terrified of the outcome. This is the best thing that you can do though, and the reason I say this, is because they will make it a much softer ride than trying to stop on your own. Also, quitting on your own can be very dangerous so it is best to be monitored when going through the process of withdrawal.

I don't fully know how this works but have a question about going off opiates I don't want to be like this no more but can't seem to find the way to ask any questions can you help me please please

What is your opioid and other drug use like? What things makes you want to quit using stuff like that - I mean, what harms do you experience associated with you drug use that are making you want to find another way?

Your in the right and more importantly a safe place to ask questions that is for sure.

Have you looked into a treatment like suboxone? There are a few maintenance programs that are accessible that appear to help.

Let us know where you are in your addiction, your experiences and what motivates you to continue.

There are some good references stickied you may want to take a look at.

This is definitely one of the best places to ask your questions and get advice. The members here are amazing!
Ask away