• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

John Oliver target audience

Forbes

Ex-Bluelighter
Is he targeting young people to push his liberal agenda? He does jokes on drugs but has he really evet done x? A lady at this church i went to said that liberals are stupid and fall for them using comedy to influence their opinion. Do u agree? Be honest. Is targeting right? They didnt have stuff targeting the older conservatives whe. They grew up but now with bill maher and the daily show etc...

Is he targeting young people to push his liberal agenda? He does jokes on drugs but has he really evet done x? A lady at this church i went to said that liberals are stupid and fall for them using comedy to influence their opinion. Do u agree? Be honest. Is targeting right? They didnt have stuff targeting the older conservatives whe. They grew up but now with bill maher and the daily show etc...

As an American I find it highly offensive that network after network uses foreigners to be the mouthpiece for globalist indoctrination.

Sick of foreign political pundits, commentators and news broadcasters.

However I will always cherish this gem:

Last edited:
I highly doubt John Oliver is trying to "indoctrinate" anybody. Even if he was, I don't think people's political beliefs are as malleable as you suggest. The people who watch John Oliver are generally those who agree with him on the vast majority of issues already. Just as the majority of Fox News viewers tune in in order to confirm their own beliefs.

I would argue that John Oliver challenges the opinions and beliefs of his audience far more than Fox, which sustains itself purely on confirmation bias.

john oliver is great.

trump supporters deserve everything they get. whining broflakes.

but, y'know - don't feed the trolls. ;)

John Oliver = Apply common sense to major issues. Be incredulous that it doesn't make sense. Humor ensues.

Bill Maher is the guy I generally don't like.

I hate john oliver, listening to him stresses me out. I'm liberal, but hes tone/cadence is like that of one of those radio commercials selling used cars where they are screaming at you the whole commercial.

he has no breaks or lulls in intensity, he's dialed up at a 10 during every single sentence

Its like the equivalent of TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPS ALL THE TIME

I hate john oliver, listening to him stresses me out. I'm liberal, but hes tone/cadence is like that of one of those radio commercials selling used cars where they are screaming at you the whole commercial.

he has no breaks or lulls in intensity, he's dialed up at a 10 during every single sentence

Its like the equivalent of TYPING EVERYTHING IN CAPS ALL THE TIME

Mate you sumed him up. Coud'nt agree more.

Isn't everyone on american tv like that?

Maybe but when I checked out John Oliver for the first and last time, I found that voice as if he was using a mega phone only that he was'nt.

But hey thats my honest opinion, need not be yours or orthers.

Yeah - it's certainly an annoying quality in tv hosts (i havent owned a tv in a really long time), but what i've seen of Oliver, i really like.

I really can't stand Bill Maher, find him smug and patronising.

Yeah - it's certainly an annoying quality in tv hosts (i havent owned a tv in a really long time).

I'm with you on the tv. Dont have one, dont need one. My own opinion is that it dumbs down the intellect and iq with the bull shit spewing from half arsed contrived tv programs like talkshows, numbing soaps and cooking by a million different wanna be famous chefs.

Agreed.
I do like the kind of humour/entertainment take on politics Oliver does - it's informative and i personally think he's funny.

But yeah, tv is awful. I love films and some tv series, but like being able to watch what i want, when i want - unlike back in the day, where much of the content available was through mind-numbing television formats. Especially with adverts...
I can't even remember the last time i owned a telly. Must have been at least 15 years ago, maybe more.

Ads and breaks use to be a killer when watching lost, prison break, breaking bad and the walking dead. Thankful no more is that the case. I like political satire but I dont venture near the likes of john oliver but thats me. I'm bit of a head banger when it comes to political discourse and social critique analysis. My humour is a bit warped but in good way.

At work they be selling say a fourty something inch tvs and I be talking to my coworkers discussing this rampant consumerist impulsive marketing tactic and that its a bit of a flawed system and a cheap gimmick praying on our materialist selfish pursuit of unnecessary tech that truly does'nt satisfy our desires in the long run.

Yeah - it's certainly an annoying quality in tv hosts (i havent owned a tv in a really long time), but what i've seen of Oliver, i really like.

I really can't stand Bill Maher, find him smug and patronising.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised. Might be a generational thing since he's more my age but yeah I kinda get it. I was trying to decide whether to spend $200 to see Roger Water's and my wife wanted to see Bill Maher when he was here locally. The only seats we could find were in the $200 range for Maher as well. I wasn't going to shell out for both so it was kind of a no-brainer. 2.5 hours of great music and visual stage effects or stand-up comedy? I wonder how Bill can even relate to the average guy but he must have some good writers because it takes a lot to make me laugh, and he manages to occasionally do that. I always had a chip on my shoulder towards older people and am getting my payback now that I am one, lol. My wife really likes John Oliver and it's sitting on the DVR. I'll have to see if I can learn to appreciate him more.

He's a british pansy who lectures Americans on what we are supposed to think in the cadence of a cunty 5th grade teacher. He will never understand anything about America because he is a uptight British twit with a stick so far up his ass it is tickling his kidney.

^ he's a comedian. why so serious?

my tv has this incredibly powerful feature called an 'off' button. some of you guys should see if your tv has one?

:)

alasdair

I can enjoy John Oliver. He was a bit over the top with the swearing for no reason at first. Clearly very biased but he does t claim to be otherwise.

He does a good job of motivating people, see: his attempts to stop the net neutrality stuff

As for the drugs, I'm sure he's tried some and even more of his writers have as well.