• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Anyone else feel music increases euphoria?

justtakethat

Bluelighter
When taking some opiates one of the best enhancers for euphoria is music and weed, nothing like listening to some young thug or something while nodding out. Anyone else feel the same way? No need to close this it's not bothering anyone mods.

I haven't used opioids in a while and didn't do it too often so I don't have personal experience with this btw. Music can change your mood so it could increase euphoria since you're in a better mood with opioids I guess, but I don't think it would really be significant. Cannabis is different though, because it's a mild psychadelic meaning your mindset infuences the actual effects of the high, including euphoria. Im guessing that's why it's so significant here, but idk if you get the same effect on opioids alone. Just a thought on why it does. Weed isn't technically an opioid "potentiater" though, some people just find the combo really enjoyable. It doesn't actually make the effects of the opioid stronger, it just adds another effect that can go well with it. If you're looking for an actual potentiater, something to make it stronger, id say look into diphenhydramine (benadryl). It significantly increased the effects of the opioid. Take 50 mg of DPH, don't change that, just adjust the opioid dose instead. On average it's about a 50% potentiation, so take half the opioid dose your first time, then increase or decrease it the next time depending on your personal experience.

I couldn't agree more. But music has been a huge part of my life since I was a child, both as a fan and professionally. My motto is music is life's soundtrack. Whatever your choice of music is, it makes everything better!

Music enhances everything!! I also really enjoy soundtracks. I guess it comes with a context and it makes our feelings even more sensitive. I'm not using opiates for a while but some of the songs I hear today take me to the very same moment I was years ago. I can even have the same feelings for few minutes. Sort of bittersweet. Hard to explain..

as I always say, a dissociative dose of DXM + a little opiates + nitrous makes MDMA music enhancement seem like "god damn ginger beer man"

i find DXM dirty otherwise....but it does something with music that no other dissociative can do

Music on acid takes me into another world. I do some weird shit. I like to turn off all the lights, put on some dark music and pretend I'm a monster. Then I'll put on R&B, close my eyes and feel my whole body vibrate and melt over and over with love.

With 2C-B, I like to listen to the fattest trap music. I literally can't move because the music makes me feel too good.

I listen to some really calm/relaxing music while on oiates, it definitely makes me feel more relaxed and euphoric. But I listen to really loud heavy rock (usually while lifting weights) while I'm on stimulants. Certain music also greatly intensifies the CEVs and euphoria from DXM for me.

There's been studies in neuroscience where they showed that dopamine is release due to the cadence in music....based on on the anticipation of the cadence finishing.

In one they compared different types of music and found some such as dance or electronic music does this the best

There's been studies in neuroscience where they showed that dopamine is release due to the cadence in music....based on on the anticipation of the cadence finishing.

In one they compared different types of music and found some such as dance or electronic music does this the best

That sorta makes me think of binaural beats or whatever they're called. I stumbled across them a few years ago claiming they were some sorta "electronic drugs" I assumed they were bullshit but I was still curious and gave several a try, I didn't get a buzz just a headache and ringing in my ears. Sometime a bit later in the future somone I considered smart and respectable recommended I try some designed to relieve migraines. I told them I'd tried them before and they didn't work (not telling them that they were designed to give the same effects as drugs, a) I was embarrassed and b) it wasn't someone I wanted to know I was involved with drugs in any way whatsoever). He then explained many were nothing more than a hoax but some wiorked and told me of studies that proved they did. I was still skeptical but one day I had a really bad migraine that nothing was helping so I thought why not try it. I tried several but none had worked, I decided to try one more and believe it or not it worked.

I know this really wasn't about music but I figured anything to do with sound affecting mood would be relevant to the thread.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I did want to ask this question which I also feel is relevant. Is there any scientific explanation as to why drugs tend to greatly influence music choice?
For example...

If you ask a person high on LSD what genre of music they want to hear, and then ask the same person the same question in the same environment,etc while they're high on meth/heroin/alcohol/weed/benzodiazepines or whatever, their answer will probably be different.

Absolutely does MDMA/MDA enhance various types of music, for me it enhances rap a lot because I get hype as fuck, forms of electronic music, and just beautiful music in general.

LSD is mind-blowingly good at enhancing stoner/doom metal like Black Sabbath, Pentagram, Monolord, Electric Wizard, Weedeater, Dopethrone, Pallbearer, Sleep, and Elder. Also enhances death doom like Cianide, Disma, and Autopsy. Black metal like the occultist BM band Inquisition, it's hypnotic; as well as Darkthrone, Suffering Hour, and Burzum. I've definitely had Grateful Dead be the soundtrack to some deep trips and it helped me get through any difficult, deep moments with a smile on my face.

I enjoy rap when I'm on a good dose of a benzodiazepine (alprazolam, diazepam, etizolam, and clonazepam), it makes me hype and enjoy that care-free cockiness of a benzo high and increases euphoriant aspects.

I found methoxetamine and dissociatives to enhance trippy electronic and ambient music. DXM could also enhance rap euphorically.

I feel like music produces euphoria itself...

Last edited: