• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis addiction

Grandad46

Greenlighter
Seems to be a lot of people addicted to pot. People are always saying it's non addictive so it's a safe drug. Appears to not be so. My son who is 42 smokes as soon as he gets up and then all day. I think the main issue with quitting anything addictive is if you really want to quit. Like cigarettes, you have to tell yourself that you have quit. No trying to quit. Quit period. I told myself that I don't care if I go crazy....it's over.
The longer your addicted to something the harder it is to quit. I did a lot of different drugs in my day. Pot was the only one I did long term. You know how I quit? This sounds funny, but it's the way it was. I started riding dirt bikes. One day I needed a tire and was out of weed. I bought the tire instead of the weed. About the same price. Dirt biking was more important than getting high. I would smoke once in a great while, but never bought it again.

As if cannabis addiction isn't widespread just because there's only a minor physical addictive nature to it, Jibult? You sir, are full of bullshit.

As if cannabis addiction isn't widespread just because there's only a minor physical addictive nature to it, Jibult? You sir, are full of bullshit.

Didn't you ever hear that old saying "It takes one to know one?"

Who better to call out a bullshitter than one of their own?

I've never thrown my head in the sand about addiction here. Check a post history if you're interested-- my opinions are well enough-documented throughout the site that I really don't feel any need to type that essay up again.

To be fair, my response is more of an all-encompassing one to Grandad's posts as of late, and not really a condemnation of this single, specific post.

To be unfair, I really don't understand why a person would choose a drug-endorsing forum to learn about a family member's substance abuse issues only to jump on a soapbox and fall in-line with the Just Say No rhetoric. When I think about it-- I mean REALLY think about it-- I see one of two possibilities: Grandad up there really is an old man that just says whatever he feels without considering the audience, or Grandad up there is straight up bullshitting in an effort to set up an elaborate trolling.

Given my history here, which do you think I'd settle on? (Hint: it's already been declared)

Well given there's more context than this thread, ok. I took your post as a solid declaration against the possibility of cannabis addiction.

Well given there's more context than this thread, ok. I took your post as a solid declaration against the possibility of cannabis addiction.

Nope!

More of a "I don't trust this guy" kind of thing.

Dirt biking was more important than getting high.

that's the way it is with the herb. it's a great way to cope with a meaningless routine of wage slavery but when we find meaningful things that we're passionate about doing it becomes easier to waste less time toking. there have been times i've tried to quit for the sake of quitting and it just didn't work out because i wasn't able to do anything better with my time, and there have been times when i've quit without planning to just because i was more excited about doing other things.