• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

People here with mental issues

Grandad46

Greenlighter
I have only been on this forum for one day. I haven't even looked at the other sub forums on drugs. Just this cannabis one seems to be full of people with severe mental issues. I'm no doctor, but a lot of people here should probably quit smoking pot and go see a psychiatrist ASAP! Just my opinion.

What makes you think people on here have severe mental issues? Could you link to any posts that make you think this?

Personally I do have a few mental disorders and have been smoking for about two years now and just recently realized that it has been making everything worse... This was just a week or two ago though, and ever since this realization I have dedicated to being weed free. Imo I think weed is a great drug for people without mental disorders but I think more studies need to be done on how it effects people with mental disorders...

While talking about the effects of Marijuana on people with psychological and neurological imbalances is certainly a good thing, it seems pretty presumptuous of you to hop on here and just assume that they should seek professional help.

Are you a psychiatrist? Do you have experience with Marijuana while also having a form of mental disorder? Do you even have experience with Marijuana at all?

You're not helping anyone by casting your judgement without any factual basis or even giving examples. You're just asking for people to lash back at you, even if it's true that SOME people probably WOULD be better off without getting high..

I would reassess your opinions and intentions if I were you.

I'll be honest, my mental health was always pretty much perfect, until i started smoking weed in my late teens. Now I suffer from some anxiety and depression symptoms.

On the other hand, if I didn't suffer like I do, than I probably would never of made any attempts to change my life.

Drugs in general often go hand in hand with mental health issues. Whether it's abuse, self-medication, prescription medication, addiction... That's why we have a mental health sub forum too. It's often a difficult issue to discuss (illegal) drug use, whether it's cannabis or something else with a doctor.

alright james from the west is here,
i want to let you know that is presumptuous and judgmental for you to assume that because someone uses cannabis regardless of the reason is mentally ill. secondly its this a forum page to support and make things better for one another by adding to the greater good/knowledge! thirdly psychiatry is basically legal drug dealing, there is no professional diagnosing or substantial personal trails of the drugs, most psychiatrist only use the same webpages you and i use, they also cant comprehend the biochemical or physical, knowledge that is involved with cannabis cocaine mushrooms etc, no one can. lastly they dont have the capabilities of even remotely understanding how there extreamly complex chemical substances work.
there in it for the money, big pharma, big corpa, and the sadistic college system wants to keep the rich richer and the poor poorer.

In all honesty the bio chemical system in cannabis and the way the natural occurring endocanabinol - oid -ois- -on. systems work, not to mention the terepene complexes that cannabis posses, most of the time pyschotic and mentally ill symptoms are lessen and the body is healed. its unfortunate that little of our government can accept these facts about this herb, i find that many individuals who get involved with cannabis become startled by how it works, when they become in focus it can be to much for younger people. this might create a feeling of anxiety which is usually the bodies liver and cannaboid structures in the other organs realizing its true condition in the general scheme of things. Which can actually beome very therapeutic if the setting is right and one can stay focused enough to let the thoughts past them by.
Thc is great for living life and becoming conscious or should i say subconscious with the existence or spirit if one believes in a god. It can bring lots of ease to the users life, which is a mild sedative while being accompanied with the right terpenes. this being said please read up on the plant and many of the processes that are done in order to create such a wonderful and usable medicine.
For instance why dont ya take a gander at some information about the cb structures and how they work in the body for me. there are great websites and then after you get done, let me know what strains have higher percentages of that particular cb cannaboid.

thank you
as always keep your eyes open and your mind on task.
james love above

oh yeah not only do i mean colleges i mean work forces in general, its like the companies do not care about hiring asset and believing in true entrepreneurship, hard work should actually pay. Last but not least to all you fanatics out there please listen, cannabis is not a psychedelic although THC may be. Its a psychotropic. now toke er down

I have only been on this forum for one day. I haven't even looked at the other sub forums on drugs. Just this cannabis one seems to be full of people with severe mental issues. I'm no doctor, but a lot of people here should probably quit smoking pot and go see a psychiatrist ASAP! Just my opinion.

Maybe some do but I'd say the majority of the time it's much better to self medicate with weed than go to a psychiatrist. Most tend to just dope you up on antipsychotics to the point you become a zombie or give you antidepressants that make it even worse.

I am not sure whether I have any mental disorders, but sometimes I tend to doubt my psychological sanity, which, ironically, is said to be a sign of a normally functioning mind. The problem is, whenever I smoke pot or hashish alone, I get extremely depressed. These bouts of cannabis-induced depression, they always develop in the same scenario, starting with obsessive thoughts about the mistakes I have made in my life. The remorse is so extreme at this moment that I am on the verge of tears, but I keep torturing myself and I can't help analysing these stories over and over again. Then, all of a sudden, the depression subsides, and I feel normal, then I feel good, and finally I am in a state of pronounced euphoria. Looks like a happy end, but no, the euphoria wears off in half an hour, and this debilitating rumination resumes and continues for days on end. This period is normally marked by unpredictable mood swings, but suicidal thoughts are always there. Although the thoughts have, as of yet, never turned to actions, they still won't let me enjoy the high, and this is the only reason why I've given up cannabis :(. I have been abstaining from pot for 7 months, and the depression is gone completely. Come to think of it, it was not so terrible, because it gave a nudge to improve my life - I found a job, earned some money and spent them on my mother's treatment. Yet right now, I am feeling miserable again, but it has nothing to do with marijuana. And it has everything to do with the drug that I so woefully underestimated, although I have been warned that it is incredibly insidious. It's bloody Valium.

Last edited: