• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Consuming mangoes to enhance/strengthen 1P-LSD trip?

Freedom123

Greenlighter
A lot of people may be used to the idea of eating mangoes to strengthen the effects of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) because the terpene called 'myrcene' readily available in mangoes helps open up the blood brain barrier.
I have done this a lot, sometimes eating mangoes is even synonymous with consuming cannabis for me.

Now I could find basically no information on the combination of mangoes and tryptamines.
I only heard one story of eating mangoe doubling the effect of an LSD trip.
I guess that is overrated and there is probably more of a placebo effect going on.

I am planning a 1P-LSD trip in the near future and want to try the mangoe and tab combination.
Does anybody have experience, any thoughts, even better: scientific thoughts on this subject?
Eating mangoes together with cannabis is quite popular but you never hear it being combined with other substances?
If it opens up the blood barrier my guess would be that more LSD-25, as 1P-LSD seems to act as a prodrug for regular LSD, can bind to the 5HT-receptors in the brain which basically would mean a stronger effect from the some dosage. In other words I think the myrcene helps absorb more of the dosage?

The biggest amount I have ever taken of the substance at once was only about 50 micrograms (half a tab).
I took that together with eating cannabis and the effect was very clearly there.

Now I want to do it pure on the coming up and peak for a more spiritual, serious use.
If mangoe does not interfere and actually strengthens the effect that would be great.
If that is so, would 1,5 tab (150 micrograms) be to much and should I take only about 1?

Never heard of this. Doesn't hurt to try!

[mod note: please don't inappropriately post music / vids]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard of certain fruits enhancing a trip, but i personally think it's a bunch of bs

Mabey it has something to do with the aromas it the terpines, B-mycrene comes to mind as it is a anti-inflammatory and also has natural anxiolytic effects. It is also said to have relaxant and sedative effects. Mangos are known to be Naturally high in B-mycrene. Kinda similar to how cannabis are to the trip the natural terpines can have a similar but no pschoactive effect like cannabis. I guess this could be a case of "the entorage effect"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggnMAE&usg=AFQjCNGPNBqPlLgUpKt6EfprAsgNswjjiQ

If nothing else, then mangoes are delicious, and I can think of few more delightful things than greedily biting into a really ripe, squishy, juicy sweet mango or three whilst stoned (bearing in mind that sugar seems to reverse the effects of cannabinoids, and that your going to need another hit to bring you back up to where you were after eating, the more sugar in the food the more pronounced the effects)

LSD has no problem at all crossing the BBB. There would not be difference.

However, you could check it versus harder to cross the BBB compounds, like morphine. If eating mangos make morphine more intense, then, the myrcene bit is true, which I really, really doubth.

Mangoes sure are a good fruit though. A bit of delicious fruit at the peak of an acid trip is heavenly. Good sugars to propel a trip onwards! In that sense it can enhance a trip.

I ate more then half of a mango before dropping: I took one tab and about an hour later I took another half.

It didn't feel stronger. But I ate the remaining amount of the mango while coming up/reaching my peak and I can say it tasted very good! :)
Probably there was a placebo effect going on with others claiming it strengthens certain substances, at least in the case of acid and analogues/homologues.

Mangoes, and mango juice are some of my favourites (although where juices are concerned, I prefer lychee juice. Although a 2 liter carton of either if they come anywhere near me, end up vanishing faster than a meth cook after a 2 week bender wearing a backpack full of max strength sudafed pills and with a pipe still clamped in his gob when he sees a donut munching whoremonger in a blue uniform come stomping his jackbooted trotters towards said para'ed out cook whilst he is in mid-Birch-Benkeser=D)

One minute its there, the next it isn't. If the time in between could be measured, it wouldn't be that surprising if you could use the transition time betwixt first sniff of that lovely sweet floral lychee juice and mixed in mango juice, its dissappearance into thin air and the resultant, resounding, satisfied toenails-deep-seated belch of contentment to calibrate an atomic clock.

Dried mangoes are something I reccomend too, that way you don't have to stick gloves on to avoid getting your hands sticker than the fingers of a politician reaching for the wallets of the country's poorest, and slipperier than their lie-factory...ahem....tongue (forked as they are) because there is just one downside to mangoes. The fact you need to peel them all round and hold the thing still by digging your fingers and nails in as if it were a bowling ball or a policeman's eyeballs whilst one slowly rotates the bugger and gnaws it bare (the mango, not the filthy porker. Ew, wouldn't eat that, don't know where it's been, and no matter how much you polish a turd or how you cook one, it ain't gonna turn good to eat any time soon:p)

Those dried strips of chewy mango flesh you can get in health food shops (I do presume this isn't considered sourcing, =D) are great, no stickiness, and go down great dipped in mango juice or even just as they are. Good shit that be.

Mangoes are amazing, either fresh or dried. I'm skeptical about their ability to enhance a high, but I'll eat them either way.

Something to be aware of is that it's common to be allergic to the skin of mangoes. It's coated with the same type of chemical found in poison ivy. If you're allergic to one, you're allergic to the other. Once you get in on your hands, it's very difficult to wash off and it can spread to other parts of your body that you touch.

One time after eating a mango, I unknowingly had some of the oil on my hands, and then it spread to... another part of my body that I happened to touch later. Some of the mango skin also touched the corner of my mouth. When it took effect, I thought I had come down with a bad case of herpes. 8( I was so relieved when I figured out what actually happened a few days later!

Urushiols, yes. Although its odd isn't it how people rarely develop an allergy to the urushiol content in mangoes first. Or who don't encounter poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, or the japanese lacquer tree do not develop a similar crossreactive allergic sensitization to the first contact and get messed up the second time they eat a mango, or given they are common food eaten on multiple occasions there is ample opportunity for people to be sensitized. Wonder if its quantity or the sidechain is different in poison ivy vs mango on the alkylated catechol motif of the likely urushiol type. (it differs in fr. ex poison oak vs ivy etc. in the length of the alkyl chain.)