• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Best low commitment/stress video games.

I grew up in a home with at least four or five PC's if I'm remembering correctly. 3 at a bare bones minimum, and then there were TV's, laptops, etc.

my childhood home looked something like this

NSFW:
latest

:D

I will be continuing with GTA: Chinatown Wars on phone after finishing with this post. It received raving reviews back in 2008 or so when first released on the Nintendo DS. The game is rapidly growing on me. Easy recommendation. Probably a must play for just about anyone if I'm being honest. Cheerio!

The one with the goose. My son and I have played it loads it’s hilarious and good craic.

I grew up in a home with at least four or five PC's if I'm remembering correctly. 3 at a bare bones minimum, and then there were TV's, laptops, etc.

my childhood home looked something like this

NSFW:
latest

:D

FFS, just how young are you man?

PCs weren't even invented for the first 50% of my life....

Any recommendations for games with low commitment and little to no stress?
i used to have an xbox 360 and had one game. now i have an xbox one and i have one game. if you are looking for a laid back, low stress game, think golf!

on the xbox 360 i played tiger woods pga tour:

haSYkkBVq2EsoNPu78WuVWUTu-s2zlVoO3OAnAx9scWmcDyv9xmpJzlMuj8Ui6LVA5SK3mbFOvaJhfmmZ6hsU5YDMLytCck62q34wm9nXmRKzSA8ZXBZN1bh5vmhtuENQ0S4tK3zaSlg2M5XL7z3HHYysEg4EeQeryOEZFFSxZ3hNAxKhnyvHwfAHw

on my xbox one i play the golf club 2019:

the-golf-club-2019_20180831142014.jpg

the controls are pretty easy to learn but the game is still a challenge. i have another friend with an xbox and the golf club 2019 and we play online a couple of times a month. definitely more fun playing against a friend.

also, the more baked i get the better i play :)

alasdair

My ultimate low stress, low involvement, chill game is "Bejeweled Twist" in Zen Mode.

No pressure, just reward as you chill your way higher and higher.

is bejeweled twist different than classic?

Yes, @mal3volent the rules are different. In classic Bejewelled, one swaps two adjacent gems position; in Bejeweled Twist one rotates four jewels that are arranged in a square clockwise. I don't know if it is better, but I enjoy this variant the most.

i used to have an xbox 360 and had one game. now i have an xbox one and i have one game. if you are looking for a laid back, low stress game, think golf!

on the xbox 360 i played tiger woods pga tour:

haSYkkBVq2EsoNPu78WuVWUTu-s2zlVoO3OAnAx9scWmcDyv9xmpJzlMuj8Ui6LVA5SK3mbFOvaJhfmmZ6hsU5YDMLytCck62q34wm9nXmRKzSA8ZXBZN1bh5vmhtuENQ0S4tK3zaSlg2M5XL7z3HHYysEg4EeQeryOEZFFSxZ3hNAxKhnyvHwfAHw

on my xbox one i play the golf club 2019:

the-golf-club-2019_20180831142014.jpg

the controls are pretty easy to learn but the game is still a challenge. i have another friend with an xbox and the golf club 2019 and we play online a couple of times a month. definitely more fun playing against a friend.

also, the more baked i get the better i play :)

alasdair
Golf is a good game and relatively low stress on video game form but that doesn't stop the PTSD from real life golf diminishing this for me

Tldr: real life golf ruins Vidya golf

Anyone have any good child's game recs? My 2 year old is getting sick of watching me crush fools in NHL

I remember mathblaster being fun as a kid, are there any good learning game recs?

Wavetale has been chilling me out the past while on Stadia. I think you can you claim it and a load of games when you subscribe to Pro but then cancel it (don’t take my word for it). Or just subscribe and see what you think - there’s demos available for a load on the free tier.