• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Exercise 4 Health, Mental Health and Addiction vs. Pure & Free

I really like to take my dog out. He's so happy, I assume it's the most important thing you can do for him, except food of course. ;)

I've been trying to take daily walks every day, but if stop to rest after work this tiny task becomes pretty difficult.

went for a run today, felt great. tried following my mantra while running and i think it helps me to keep my mind focused while running.

hadn't run/exercised in a while, want it to be a regular thing again. feel like this is the summer of mr.e

Hi Erikmen how are you doing? Thanks for support. So today took my last speed, going to start meditating now and maybe some walks on forest. Lets hope it will help. Life is too short for speed. Lets hope I'm 100% free from opioid WD's now...

One thing that really helps opiate withdrawal is exercise. I am on day 9 and heavily restricted by what I can do from chronic pain. However yesterday I forced myself to walk around 10km throughout the day. I worked up a sweat, which I think is important. So I have a new rule with weed. I've been sitting around smoking indoors during withdrawal but now any time I want to smoke I will go outside for a walk on the trails. I even found what looks strikingly like a meditation tree, and I was sitting under it yesterday and smoking a few times. After the exercise, my withdrawal symptoms were dampened to the point that I had my first decent day yet. It was really promising because I felt honestly 100% recovered like my good old burnt out self.
Now comes the extreme anxiety and panic attacks. 3 months into an oxycodone taper last year, I snapped. I hadn't slept in days, despite massive amounts of xanax and all sorts of sleep aids, and my life was a relentless non-stop panic attack. I'd rather abuse opiates than benzos if necessary and I felt at the time that it was, so I got on heroin at the end of November last year, again, and I am only just getting off it now. Mainly because I messed up a wonderful relationship over it, well two of them, the only ones I have ever had with women. Fuck man I can't even write that down without tearing up. Everyone has their limits and what rock bottom is to them but to me I do not need to go any lower than choosing a bottle of fucking percocets over a beautiful lady.

I can't deal with opiate PAWS and it's all physical - insomnia and panic attacks are physical effects too. I'm no longer any much depressed than I was previously, but the anxiety is extreme and if I can't get it under control I am going to relapse because I will reach for benzos for relief which is obviously stupid. I can handle the horrid pain in my spine, but I can't seem to handle a tinge of anxiety. Nature is essential, getting out in the woods or to the beach or wherever.

Quite proud of myself today! Got up bright and early, completed the following:

50 crunches/50 reverse crunches
50 push-ups
50 squats
40 lunges
150 jumping jacks
Ran on the treadmill 30 minutes.

Safe to say I’m exhausted!

I rode my mountain bike almost every day through my 300mg morphine pain management withdrawal. That helped more than anything. When I felt really bad I just punished myself even more with riding because I knew those wonderful endorphins would soon kick in...

R13

I'm going to get back into cycling during my H detox. Just 15km rides with my chronic pain though... no more 1000km biking adventures over several days while camping out in farmer's fields and smoking pot all the time. I miss the old me but it's not worth killing myself with opiates for pain relief.

Quite proud of myself today! Got up bright and early, completed the following:

50 push-ups
50 squats
40 lunges
150 jumping jacks
Ran on the treadmill 30 minutes.

Safe to say I’m exhausted!

Got up early again and just finished doing all this! I’m on a roll!

Have gone swimming today. Not really as an exercise, just for fun.

Today I did squats, overhead press and deadlifts. And a bunch of pushups.

I’m missing weight training, but I do push-ups.
This morning I did:
50 push-ups
50 squats
40 lunges
150 jumping jacks
And burned even more calories running on the treadmill in 30 minutes.

Might go walk outside to gain 10,000 steps. Just downloaded a pedometer app yesterday. It’s funny walking outside trying to get that many steps. It takes a lot. People watch me walk around the block a million times like a ‘tard. It’s another dark and dreary day so I prefer that over the bright sun in my eyes. Also, dreary weather means people aren’t usually out which is always good.

I walked quite a bit today. I suppose that in addition with carrying all the groceries today was enough for a Saturday.

Today i did 10 sets of 10 reps of squats with 135 pounds. Sometimes 12 reps. Sometimes I do a little bodybuilding and today was one of them days. But I squat or deadlift everyday regardless.

Last edited:
^ Nice! I love hearing about others in this thread pushing their bodies and getting some exercise in. It’s really not easy. It’s much easier to be lazy and not even try to work out, but that leads you nowhere.

Waited for the rain to calm down before trying to walk 10,000 steps yesterday. It takes a lot to get that many steps. I walked around and around. Saw police vans sitting around the block, they were probably looking like wtf? Got 9,000 steps in at least. And that’s including the running and everything I did yesterday morning. About to pass out and go to sleep again.

My favorite quote about exercise: "Beat the body with the mind, beat the mind with the body"

I walk about 4 to 5 miles a day when i want to. It's a waste of calories to me tho.

I walk about 4 to 5 miles a day when i want to. It's a waste of calories to me tho.

Why do you say it’s a waste of calories? Running on the treadmill and walking outside, seeing how much effort it actually takes to burn off calories makes me not want to eat that much. It’s crazy how much work you have to put in to burn food off.

Im a power lifter so I do each compound lift (squats, bench, deadlifts, overheadpress, powercleans) for an hour. It just depends what compound lift I am focusing on that day. My workouts last 3 hours or more. I don't bodybuild so don't ask for a picture but I'm strong for my size. Sometimes I will go for volume with low weight like 100 squats with only 135 pounds vs doing 225+ pound squats for 5 sets of 5 and then maxing out with heavy singles or doubles.

I really do need to eat 3000+ calories just to maintain my weight at 180 pounds. If I walk and burn off 200 calories per miles, that means I need to eat more just to maintain weight. Fitness is not a priority in powerlifting as the goal is to lift as heavy as possible. I would say I am a powerbuilder since I do train like a bodybuilder but I dont have the 'shredded' look (which means you don't eat enough food).

So even when I'm resting I'm constantly burning calories due to the fact I lift. Protein synthesis and fat burning rate is elevated for about 36 hours post workout so the fat just melts off when I'm laying off of the beer or not drinking sodas.

Time for a burger. Happy sunday everyone!

Last edited: