• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What made you choose the needle?

I have shot oxy, heroin, coke and meth.

I have been shooting for about 17yrs.

It didn't really scare me but it took me a long time before I would shoot up myself and I would turn my head in the beginning out of instinct.

I had a friend that shot up OxyContin and I tried it a few times but didn't really see the point and continued to snort. I had been clean for several weeks back around 2000, when I decided to pay him a visit to numb the pain of a recent breakup. when I arrived, however I was not presented with oxy or the ECP that I was accustomed to but some tar that some mutual friends had brought back from a trip to Mexico. I had never seen tar and I had no idea of how to use it other than injecting. At this time I didn't even know you could smoke. So I let my friend shoot me up and I got the infamous rush.. I continued to shoot for the next couple of years until I got on methadone. Methadone then ruined the rush for me and I actually came to prefer snorting, however snorting can become rather expensive as tolerance grows so I have often gone back to shooting simply because of the economic incentive.

I am lucky that I have no track marks.. Only one collapsed vein, have never had cotton fever, no abcesses, I can still hit in the crook of my arm no problem... I attribute this to me being on methadone much of my opiate career and My affinity for snorting. I was also lucky because my best friend is an old school junkie from the south side of Chicago and he would do most of the shooting for me until I knew I could hit myself. My mom is also diabetic and I had almost unlimited access to clean needles.

I have had 2 massive bacterial infections... One from shooting crack with lemon juice. I know stupid. My arm swelled up and turned purple. I was out of the hospital in one day with antibiotics. Problem solved. The 2nd was more severe. I shot MRSA, same arm swelling, extremely high temperature and this time I had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital on a drip of the strongest antibiotic they could give me. They kept me plenty doped up as I was receiving morphine drip, vicodan every few hours and I was eventually able to talk them into giving me methadone.. They thought I might have endocarditis so they had to stick a camera down my throat, which allowed me an injection of fentanyl and midazolam.

I am pretty sure I have hep C though..

Last edited:
I have shot oxy, heroin, coke and meth.

I am pretty sure I have hep C though..

You need to get checked for Hep C if you think you may have been exposed.

If you are Hep C positive get the cure! I've only just gone to get mine treated (just waiting for the meds) and because they did a liver scan I found out that I have cirrhosis in it's first stage. It was caused by my Hep C. Apparently when my Hep C is cured the cirrhosis will halt. Mind you I've had Hep C 30 years. It isn't something to ignore.

Must be fucking stupid to IV anything.

If you have nothing productive to say, then keep your trap shut. It's a shame that you aren't caught in the IV web, then maybe you'd understand how horrific it is.......

You need to get checked for Hep C if you think you may have been exposed.

If you are Hep C positive get the cure! I've only just gone to get mine treated (just waiting for the meds) and because they did a liver scan I found out that I have cirrhosis in it's first stage. It was caused by my Hep C. Apparently when my Hep C is cured the cirrhosis will halt. Mind you I've had Hep C 30 years. It isn't something to ignore.

Yeah... I'm kind of confused on this issue as when I got tested they said I showed the antibodies but my body had fought it off. I was later told by a friend that this is bullshit and that I had it but it just hadn't reached detectable levels. I know I need to go back and get tested.

Yeah... I'm kind of confused on this issue as when I got tested they said I showed the antibodies but my body had fought it off. I was later told by a friend that this is bullshit and that I had it but it just hadn't reached detectable levels. I know I need to go back and get tested.

I double checked with google on this... If you have Hep C antibodies that means that you are immune to that strain of Hep C. There are several different groups of Hep C so you can still get Hep C just not the type you have antibodies for.

Consider yourself lucky... you avoided Hep C! Stop sharing paraphernalia!

I double checked with google on this... If you have Hep C antibodies that means that you are immune to that strain of Hep C. There are several different groups of Hep C so you can still get Hep C just not the type you have antibodies for.

Consider yourself lucky... you avoided Hep C! Stop sharing paraphernalia!

Thanks for taking the time to do that for me. I am clean at the moment but I want to go back and get tested anyways because it has been a minute. Thank God I had mostly been snorting since then and not sharing needles.

I only have ever IVd heroin. I was a pill-popper for years, taking nearly every opioid (and other classes of drugs as well) that is available on the US market but my love was sniffing oxy. I had done heroin nasally a couple of times but always had a bunch of oxy in me so didnt really notice much. Fast-forward a couple of years, my oxy supply had dried up but knew a friend shot dope. After sniffing it for a week or so I had her shoot me up. This was my intention from the beginning and the only real reason (Im well aware of the pros of IVing but had gone 19 years of heavy drug use without it) is because it was something novel. It really didnt make a difference to me at this point as was well aware that I was going to further ruin my life, IV or not, so figured what the hell.

Thanks for taking the time to do that for me. I am clean at the moment but I want to go back and get tested anyways because it has been a minute. Thank God I had mostly been snorting since then and not sharing needles.
You are welcome! Good luck with future testing!

There's a statement born of profound ignorance if ever I've heard one, and such attitudes have no place here.

If you have nothing productive to say, then keep your trap shut. It's a shame that you aren't caught in the IV web, then maybe you'd understand how horrific it is.......

Sorry I had a bad day. I didn't mean to be mean.

People rarely just apologize, so often people just mindlessly defend what they said without even questioning if they might have been wrong.

So that you said sorry, I respect that. Thank you.

You gotta remember a lot of us have struggled with IV drug use, I'm trying to give up IV heroin right now (almost up to a week since I used). We're not stupid for using the needle, we perhaps did a stupid thing in very complicated circumstances that can be hard to understand if you haven't been there, but it doesn't make us stupid people. But again, thank you for saying sorry. I have a lot of respect for when people admit to a mistake andor apologize for it rather than trying to keep defending it in some terror of having been wrong.

Different people have different reasons, but they all tend to have an underlying theme of desperation and pain.

Beer slammin for at least 5yrs. Meth&Heroin predominantly..... Why?.... Well, Who needs reasons when you've got heroin? Jk. Didn't wanna waste my drugs or my $.

I did it once on a whim. Went to see an old friend who I had not seen in a long time. Was already wasted when I got there and he wanted to go score some dope. We picked up the dope and shot it in a burger king parking lot. I had no idea how to do it so my friend did it for me. Awesome rush, it was good. Woke up the next morning with pancreatitis. Spent a week in the hospital getting more drugs shot into my veins.

Never again

I IV'ed heroin for several years. I also banged coke, but only a few times.

I picked up needles partly out of curiosity--I'd been snorting my dope for a couple years and eventually the allure of a more intense experience started eating at my natural reluctance to shooting. But honestly, the biggest motivator was that snorting heroin was destroying my sinuses and I needed to find another ROA (plugging and smoking were fine in a pinch, but they never floated my boat).

I was always afraid of injecting, even after it was my main ROA. I felt like overdosing was right around the corner when needles were involved. Over time, though, the fear eased up some and I ended up with a kind of love/hate relationship to shooting H.

In terms of how I viewed other ROAs after picking up the needle, I never stopped loving putting drugs up my nose.

I'm in recovery now. The last time I was strung out was about 18 months ago. But I have lapsed a few times since I stopped, and when I did, I went right back to injecting.

I did it once on a whim. Went to see an old friend who I had not seen in a long time. Was already wasted when I got there and he wanted to go score some dope. We picked up the dope and shot it in a burger king parking lot. I had no idea how to do it so my friend did it for me. Awesome rush, it was good. Woke up the next morning with pancreatitis. Spent a week in the hospital getting more drugs shot into my veins.

Never again

pancreatitis?

For meth my friend told me that the rush is "10 times more intense than snorting or smoking" which was partly true and ye i started iving from there out i still smoke and snort but usually after iv to when im binging