• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Favourite Quotes and Sayings IV - IV says it all.... IM wont to believe...

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
H. Thompson

'i'm not the type of person to say a-toad-a-sow, but i toad-a-sow, i fuckin' a-toad-a-sow!'

- Ricky (Trailer Park Boys)

Liam Gallagher on taking drugs in middle age:

"I know for a fact I shouldn’t because they’re shit at the moment. It’s like Ashcroft said, they just don’t work any more."

Liam, you fuckin nailed it son!

“When you find love, real love, it’s like a catastrophe, like a tsunami. Like an earthquake, because all your individuality, all what you believed you are, it’s breaking. And you are completely another person. You never know what you were. And it’s a catastrophe –– but a good catastrophe, not a bad catastrophe.”

― Alejandro Jodorowsky

"One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.”

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be,
it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

"Death is not an event in life: we do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present."

--Ludwig Wittgenstein

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be foolish."

William Shakespeare

"I reasoned with regard to myself: “I am wiser than this human being. For probably neither of us knows anything noble and good, but he supposes he knows something when he does not know, while I, just as I do not know, do not even suppose that I do. I am likely to be a little bit wiser than he in this very thing: that whatever I do not know, I do not even suppose I know.”

--Plato/Socrates

Liam Gallagher on taking drugs in middle age:

"I know for a fact I shouldn’t because they’re shit at the moment. It’s like Ashcroft said, they just don’t work any more."

Liam, you fuckin nailed it son!

Nope. He's just doin' 'em wrong, not enough, too much, or the wrong one(s).

Pfft.

Codger.

;)

They can fuck me if they come steady

(means you're quitting your job or won't do something someone has asked you to)

“The job is what you do when you are told what to do. The job is showing up at the factory, following instructions, meeting spec, and being managed.

Someone can always do your job a little better or faster or cheaper than you can.

The job might be difficult, it might require skill, but it's a job.

Your art is what you do when no one can tell you exactly how to do it. Your art is the act of taking personal responsibility, challenging the status quo, and changing people.

I call the process of doing your art 'the work.' It's possible to have a job and do the work, too. In fact, that's how you become a linchpin.

The job is not the work.”

'.... and so we push on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.'
- The Great Gatsby ​F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend”
Albert Camus

"when i first meet a person, he may seem distorted, but i look for the sadness in him and when i find it i understand and like him"

"I know that I am mortal by nature and ephemeral, but when I trace at my pleasure the windings to and fro of the heavenly bodies, I no longer touch earth with my feet. I stand in the presence of Zeus himself and take my fill of ambrosia."

Claudius Ptolemy.

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
Albert Einstein

"I used to scintillate
Now I sin
Till half past
Three"

--Roger McGough

"Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend”
Albert Camus

I thoroughly approve of this quote :)

(and the one above this post)