• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Favourite Quotes and Sayings IV - IV says it all.... IM wont to believe...

^ Indeed :)<3

"If I despised myself, it would be no compensation if everyone saluted me, and if I respect myself, it does not trouble me if others hold me lightly."

-- Max Nordau

"The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive."

-- John Green

"Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."

-- Albert Camus

<3

PS:
“To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around.”
Richie Norton

Also like this one really rather a lot :)<3

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself".

Friedrich Nietzsche

"We must make haste then not only because we are daily nearer to death, but also because the conception of things and the understanding of them cease first."

Marcus Aurelius

"everything that arises is fresh, the essence of liberation" - pema chodron

“Gratitude is the foundation for all abundance.” - eckhart tolle

"Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart." - Gandhi

"We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire."

George Sand

Nothing is more surprising than the easiness with which the many are governed by the few.

-- David Hume

I need to see my own beauty and to continue to be reminded that I am enough, that I am worthy of love without effort, that I am beautiful, that the texture of my hair and that the shape of my curves, the size of my lips, the color of my skin, and the feelings that I have are all worthy and okay.

-- Tracee Ellis Ross

It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness.

-- Leo Tolstoy

People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

-- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

<3

imprintingfrequencies-MYSTICMAMMA.jpg

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

-- Hunter S. Thompson

“Love is the most transformative medicine For Love slowly transforms you Into what psychedelics only get you to glimpse.”

--Ram Dass

<3

“I've never been lonely. I've been in a room -- I've felt suicidal. I've been depressed. I've felt awful -- awful beyond all -- but I never felt that one other person could enter that room and cure what was bothering me...or that any number of people could enter that room. In other words, loneliness is something I've never been bothered with because I've always had this terrible itch for solitude. It's being at a party, or at a stadium full of people cheering for something, that I might feel loneliness. I'll quote Ibsen, "The strongest men are the most alone." I've never thought, "Well, some beautiful blonde will come in here and give me a fuck-job, rub my balls, and I'll feel good." No, that won't help. You know the typical crowd, "Wow, it's Friday night, what are you going to do? Just sit there?" Well, yeah. Because there's nothing out there. It's stupidity. Stupid people mingling with stupid people. Let them stupidify themselves. I've never been bothered with the need to rush out into the night. I hid in bars, because I didn't want to hide in factories. That's all. Sorry for all the millions, but I've never been lonely. I like myself. I'm the best form of entertainment I have. Let's drink more wine!”
Charles Bukowski

'terror made me cruel'
- Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte

“Only to the extent that someone is living out this self transcendence of human existence, is he truly human or does he become his true self. He becomes so, not by concerning himself with his self's actualization, but by forgetting himself and giving himself, overlooking himself and focusing outward.”
―Viktor E. Frankl

And yet did we not know that the closure of the book was not a simple closure among others? And that only in the book, coming back to it unceasingly, drawing all our resources from it, could we indefinitely designate the writing beyond the book?
- Jacques Derrida[1]

[1] Jacques Derrida, trans. Alan Bass, ‘Ellipsis’ in Writing and Difference (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1978), p. 294.

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be foolish."

William Shakespeare

You imagine that without cause there can be no happiness. To me dependence on anything for happiness is utter misery.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj