• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Oxycodone/withdrawing Oxymoron

Kreem314

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new here but have been using this cite's post for years for help. I'm on day one (withdrawl) of my 1 year 15mg a day oxy bliss. I know it's time to quit/slow down when I began having panic attacks with every little dose I take. No matter how small. However, this time around my hearing is messing with me. A week ago my ears were ringing after a early morning dose, last night I had a real bad experience my body went numb (7mg) and I forgot what I was talking about to my husband(who is a non user of drugs and alcohol). 10 minutes later my eye sight went blurry. I had him drive me to E.R just to sit outside till I calm down or just in case I need immediate attention. After about 30 minutes we drove home and I drank some water and went to sleep. I woke up not being able to hear fully. As if I'm in a pool underwater. I'm lightheaded all the time but I'm use to that with long term opiate use, however, has anyone else had this experience? I'm 37 year old female. Occasional high blood pressure but basically good health.

I think you should see a doctor. Maybe this is not even related to your drug use.

It kind of sounds like a reaction to the medication. I hope you've found out what was going on by now.

I went to ER my blood pressure was 170/100. They gave me ativan (1mg) which calmed me down. Now I'm paranoid about taking them for risk of combining oxy and benzos. I space 2.5-5mg oxy 8-12 hours apart and take ativan when I get panicky at night which is usually 4-6 hours after last oxy dose. Even though I know these are low doses I'm scared of OD. I called the nurse hotline and she said it should be safe. I am breaking 15mg pill in itty bitty pieces.. does this make them stronger? It seems that when i take a bigger piece it doesn't hit me as hard. Therefore I don't get paranoid. I'm starting to feel my hip pain again which makes me feel better. Meaning I'm finally detoxing.

My hearing came back and ringing stopped. Doctors ran test and nothing is wrong with me. Did not tell them about the oxy though for fear they won't give it to me next time when I really need it. The last time I detox I went through these panic attacks. From what I've read, I'm not alone.

My hearing came back and ringing stopped. Doctors ran test and nothing is wrong with me. Did not tell them about the oxy though for fear they won't give it to me next time when I really need it. The last time I detox I went through these panic attacks. From what I've read, I'm not alone.
I very much so doubt what your experiencing is from the oxy. 15mg is a pretty low dose for someone who's been on it for a year

Yes. I make sure i keep my tolerance low. As soon as I see my normal dose isn't having an effect I cool out for a couple days. I just started going to a psychiatrist to get to the bottom of things and also help me get through this transition period. I tried to take tramadol. I hate them and they make me nervous with the seizure side effect. I just want to detox but I can't seem to make it past day 2.

Yes. I make sure i keep my tolerance low. As soon as I see my normal dose isn't having an effect I cool out for a couple days. I just started going to a psychiatrist to get to the bottom of things and also help me get through this transition period. I tried to take tramadol. I hate them and they make me nervous with the seizure side effect. I just want to detox but I can't seem to make it past day 2.

I'm on day 4 right now. Honestly keeping yourself busy and comfortable is the main thing. Also getting out of the house will do wonders. I'm already mentally feeling so much better without them. Everything tastes much much better I can smell way better. It feels like your coming out of a fog you've been in for the past year

I'm on day 6 1\2. I went to the mountains with my husband for days 3-6. Almost relapse day 3 but nothing was available. Thank the Lord. I didn't take any of my crutches with my on the trip (ativan, ambien, tramadol, tylenol 4) I feel much better. I was extremely depressed for the first few days but feel loads better now. No other withdrawal symptoms but 2 leg jerks while trying to sleep. Appetite has picked up also.

Wow !! Good for yous being mindful !!
I've battled the addiction & w/d from 80's..it took loving friends breaking an 80 into the tiniest of pieces to take only when desperately needed, a bottle of the non narcotic pain med "Toradol" and a script for "Clonidine." Clonidine is normally scribed for high blood pressure, anxiety, ADHD, HOWEVER, I have no idea how it works for withdrawal, but it is a must...they use it in facilities for Opiate withdrawal symptoms..
WTG on being mindful...Stay Safe All!!

I am trying to post in "other drugs" and it doesn't give me the option. I have a questions about Adderal the doctor gave me those and rexalti. I refuse to take the rexalti. I just rather take Adivan(1mg) for my attacks as needed. I take one or two a week. Because people are taking them for fun they are afraid to give them 'benzos' to people that need them and take them responsibility. Instead offer a non narcotic that can make me have a stroke or damage me mentally. Any advice?