• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Concerns about ambien

xannyhead

Bluelighter
I am planing to take 15mg of ambien with no tolerance and stay awake to feel the hallucinations ambien is said to cause if you stay up on it. Is there any health issues in taking it AND STAYING AWAKE?

Other than blacking out and harming yourself or another, not particularly. But that is a big concern. Have a trip sitter if you can. Otherwise, hide your keys or something.

Do not drive. Do not ride a bike. Do not use knives. Do not drink alcohol or take other drugs.

Avoid talking to other people on the phone or via IM (unless you enjoy the effects drunk dialing can have on relationships and your image).

The most complicated activity you should engage is in reading, TV/movies, maybe video games or making toast. Video games and toast might be too complicated. Board and card games with people also on zolpidem can be fun, although pretty handicapped.

Did I mention, DONT DRINK!

Go over to Erowid and browse our Trip Report forum to find out more. Otherwise, I'm not sure where this can really go, it may get closed.

And I wouldn't say z-drugs cause hallucinations per se, although it can kind of feel like that. What you are really experiencing is their hypnotic effects. That is more akin to delirium in some ways than just hallucinations (although hypnotics can cause hallucinations, particularly associated with the auditory and movement/equilibrium).

But the biggest issue with taking it is staying awake, blacking out and doing something that ends up endangering either your life or that of another. This is far more common with inexperienced zolpidem users than one might imagine, and has results in tragic consequences even for unprepared experienced users.

Last edited by a moderator:
How'd it go? I used to love the recreational and medicinal effects of zolpidem.

How'd it go? I used to love the recreational and medicinal effects of zolpidem.
I ended up just trying 1 pill. It kicked in within an hour and, at first, it felt a little like a benzo, but after some time, it makes you sleepy and it didnt cause me any hallucinations at all, tomorrow ill try 15mg and see how it goes

Sounds like a good plan. Basically what you experienced on 10mg you'll experience on 15mg, perhaps more of a hypnotic effect. Generally once you get past the come up staying awake isn't too hard. The question is, will you want to? It feels so nice falling asleep with the push towards that zolpidem can give.

Sounds like a good plan. Basically what you experienced on 10mg you'll experience on 15mg, perhaps more of a hypnotic effect. Generally once you get past the come up staying awake isn't too hard. The question is, will you want to? It feels so nice falling asleep with the push towards that zolpidem can give.
I think I will try to

Consider taking it with some food. It won't kick in quite as hard and you might stand a better chance of staying awake. I also found taking it before the night time makes staying awake easier, but I find I enjoy the effects more in the night time (not just in terms of falling asleep, but the pleasurable hypnotic effects as well).

Anyways good luck and please let us know how it goes! :)

BTW do you have a trip sitter or someone that will be around when you take it? My friends have saved me from bodily injury in the past. I think it's especially important since youre new to zolpidem.

I would also consider spacing your dosing, unless you're not planning on doing it much at all in the future. It's insane how quickly tolerance builds with hypnotics like zolpidem

BTW do you have a trip sitter or someone that will be around when you take it? My friends have saved me from bodily injury in the past. I think it's especially important since youre new to zolpidem.

I would also consider spacing your dosing, unless you're not planning on doing it much at all in the future. It's insane how quickly tolerance builds with hypnotics like zolpidem

I will

I love zoops..exp going thru withdrawals!! But that's a different story..i eat anywhere from 2or3 7.5s to 5 or 6 and find it very enjoyable..love the taste of cigarettes on them...which I wouldn't recommend..or just wear old shit..for the triping affect I did my first time taking them but it was small and didn't last long.and just be safe what u mix them with .they deffentily increase the effect of opiods and others

Totally without my knowledge a relative's mail order pharmacy sent me their three month prescription when I was a first semester freshman in college. How that ever happened is still beyond me, but safe to say I behaved like many other first semester freshmen at my school would have in such a situation ;)

I forget how I explained that one... in any case, having a trip sitter is a really good idea.

If you're good at IVing, try a few Ambien, after having the solution filtered through a micron filter. I'm not sure whether this post is allowed here, on a harm reduction site, but seriously: it's really worth it. Zolpidem and Zopiclone even have a rush when you IV them.

Try something like 20 mg. I know the substance isn't water soluble, but it doesn't matter. It works anyway. Just be sure to have filtered it until the solution is clear and without "dust".

It's worth pointing out IV zolpidem without tolerance or much experience poses its own serious risks.

If you're good at IVing, try a few Ambien, after having the solution filtered through a micron filter. I'm not sure whether this post is allowed here, on a harm reduction site, but seriously: it's really worth it. Zolpidem and Zopiclone even have a rush when you IV them.

Try something like 20 mg. I know the substance isn't water soluble, but it doesn't matter. It works anyway. Just be sure to have filtered it until the solution is clear and without "dust".

I cant go with needles man, hate em

Ambien is actually very water soluable: Zolpidem (Ambien) - 23 mg/mL
http://drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00425 ~ http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/794...-MEGA-THREAD-Direct-Benzo-Questions-Here-v2-0

Never the less besides the strange paradoxical stimulant type effect it leaves you wanting to redose like crack. I won't get into the horror stories of beyond awkward stuff I've done while on them but without micron filters they're particularly dangerous. A guy accidentally missed his shot and lost his arm from shooting that stuff. Even black tar H seems to have better odds than Zolpidem with a missed shot.

I was shooting Ambien and LOST my arm

I used to get those for sleep difficulties and they were very interesting, to say the least. My experience was that if you could push through the first half hour or so, they probably wouldn't put you out, per se. Oh you'd be whacked but you've gone past the point of them doing their intended job - to get you to sleep. My biggest problem with them, aside from coming to and realizing you've been doing stuff and what not and have no clue whatsoever what you've been up to the last 5-30 minutes. BTW, I'd always take them after the rest of my household had gone to bed, so I could be a little whacky and not raise any eyebrows as to what's wrong with me. The real problem was that out of the blue, like when I'd be standing at the john taking a leak (or standing up eating something in the kitchen) and I'd just pass out, for lack of better words, and I wouldn't realize it until I was more than 50% on the way to the ground. Not much one can do at that point but maybe turn a little or stick your arm out but you "are" going down! I used to break shit, and me, all the time. Used to piss my wife off to no end! I finally said, enough is enough, I'm not using these things like I should and eventually I'm really really going to hurt myself (more than the bruises etc. I used to get), so let's just quit these things while I'm ahead. As much as they were a quite different and interesting drug than probably anything else I've ever taken, they just weren't worth it in the end. So, good riddance. It was fun, sort of, while it lasted but clearly I was not meant to take these things and I'd be a fool to continue (and to what end anyway?). Please be safe OP, as others have mentioned, and enjoy as much as is possible

Bathtub falls were always my favorite, like when the shower curtain rod comes down and cracks you on the forehead after the soap holder gets you in the back of the head. And of course explaining to the household why you decided to fall into the tub like it was a lazy boy recliner. Good Times !

I used to get those for sleep difficulties and they were very interesting, to say the least. My experience was that if you could push through the first half hour or so, they probably wouldn't put you out, per se. Oh you'd be whacked but you've gone past the point of them doing their intended job - to get you to sleep. My biggest problem with them, aside from coming to and realizing you've been doing stuff and what not and have no clue whatsoever what you've been up to the last 5-30 minutes. BTW, I'd always take them after the rest of my household had gone to bed, so I could be a little whacky and not raise any eyebrows as to what's wrong with me. The real problem was that out of the blue, like when I'd be standing at the john taking a leak (or standing up eating something in the kitchen) and I'd just pass out, for lack of better words, and I wouldn't realize it until I was more than 50% on the way to the ground. Not much one can do at that point but maybe turn a little or stick your arm out but you "are" going down! I used to break shit, and me, all the time. Used to piss my wife off to no end! I finally said, enough is enough, I'm not using these things like I should and eventually I'm really really going to hurt myself (more than the bruises etc. I used to get), so let's just quit these things while I'm ahead. As much as they were a quite different and interesting drug than probably anything else I've ever taken, they just weren't worth it in the end. So, good riddance. It was fun, sort of, while it lasted but clearly I was not meant to take these things and I'd be a fool to continue (and to what end anyway?). Please be safe OP, as others have mentioned, and enjoy as much as is possible

Thanks for sharing your story. I feel like I'm reaching a similar point where I feel like it's becoming more of a problem than a feasible solution to my insomnia, but I also really enjoy taking them and they really help me sleep more than anything else I've tried *sigh* I also have the issue where if I don't fall asleep within 30 minutes or so, they don't help me sleep really at all. In fact it can almost feel speedy. And that usually leads to taking more and more until blackout territory.

I also find that Ambien has a really weird effect where it makes you completely forget what you were doing all the time. I usually don't watch TV on Ambien because I'll have no idea what's going on in the show because I will have forgotten the previous 20 minutes. It's also strange to find yourself in the middle of doing something with no idea what you were actually doing... It's almost like you have to constantly piece together what you're doing based on your surroundings because you can never remember what you were just doing.... Definitely a strange drug IME

Zolpidem acute withdrawal suuuuucks. At best it's just insomnia, like what my dad experienced when he stopped after years of 10mg/night as prescribed. I, on the other hands, would regularly binge on larger amounts of it and eventually experienced some very scary withdrawal symptoms, like having to pull over driving because I was blacking out (in my case a form of acute anxiety attack, which seemed to happen the morning after taking a lot of it).

That all said, I could use 10mg of zolpidem right now... :(