Nicotine Enhancing

DeadlySins

Greenlighter
Hear me out before assuming the my point just based on the title.

Nicotine as you know is a poison but has benefits as well...in some cases directly towards performance enhancing (in my opinion it is not a drug). It is a alkaloid found in plants such as peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, and most common tobacco as a protection from animals/insects that specifically eat a plant based diet. As for medical purposes that are all based on ending dependency there is little effort in the medical community in my opinion to give the public a nicotine based enhancer, for even in small does can greatly improve cognition, alertness, and focus and I'm a gamer and often play for prizes and awards in competitions and believe it or not many gamers have ways to improve their skills due to how interactive a video game can be, in my experience cannabis and opiates are excellent for controlling muscle memory and noticing details but also have sedating effects that can/will make you fail or make errors and gaming isn't as far as this goes, episodic memory boost, driving, making conscience decisions, working memory boost, mood boost, etc.

Heres my question. If there was a transdermal patch with pure nicotine (in small amounts) unprocessed without synthetic properties added and other unneeded mixtures, could it be marketable? (I know its probably impossible) could it replace the need of tobacco products used as a "stress reliever" turned into a desire to enhance one's functions that can last longer and are cheaper, without having to seek products that just don't work, cause severe health issues, or are illegal?

=D*There is no grounded evidence that nicotine is a carcinogen but through smoking can cause cancer risks, but using a patch (nicotine replacement methods) the risks are greatly lowered*=D

Nicotine patches are already quite a big thing and well-marketed. Or do you mean something else?

As always, the real problem with nicotine - although it can certainly be performance enhancing - is that it's pretty addictive.

Well nicotine patches that could just give the performance enhancement effects without the addictive stimulating properties that people use nicotine for mostly anyway, it could just be wishful thinking, but with the gene-altering technology out there its not definitely something that could never be done. If we could alter it in such a manner that the level in which dopamine(happiness, reward) is lowered significantly and have a product that is focused mainly on the neurotransmitter acetylcholine(learning, memory) then would that be something people would want? Probably not, but the idea isn't too shabby, what are your thoughts?

Now that I read my initial post, I can see how I confused people reading it, my apologies

So basically you're looking for like a non pleasureful nicotine analog? You'd have to alter the compound into a different one which could cause a host of different and unknown effects both short and long term. Honestly I'd be more interested in opioids without addiction potential but addiction is a mental thing, not necessarily physical otherwise you wouldn't have gambling and shopping addicts. My dad quit using tobacco once. That's all he needed because he didn't want to pay high life insurance premiums. I on the other hand took numerous tries before settling on vaping.

One must also remember that tobacco contains an maoi, harmala, which makes nicotine a lot more addiction prone as it helps slow the breakdown and elimination of nicotine, extending its active life which is otherwise short. Linger active life means more neurotransmitter interactions which equates to greater addiction potential. One can see this in how often one smokes vs how often one uses a vaporizer. The vaporizer is strictly nicotine without harmala and the craving for nicotine comes back more quickly. For me I can get a desire to vape every 10-15 minutes while a cigarette would satisfy me for about an hour or so.

As far as I am concerned, nicotine patches have been around for years, if not decades. Where I currently reside, they have been all the rage some 5 years ago. As performance enhancement goes, well it certainly has some stimulating effects; it is probably the only naturally occurring drug that helps eliminate my brain fog. For that reason, I've been a tobacco fiend for many years, but I don't smoke cigarettes or use patches - I only take snus and snuff. The latter is my favourite tobacco product, I enjoy the process of sniffing, the scent of the tobacco and additives, and the nicotine rush is quite noticeable and pleasant.

Now, going back to the original question, I would say that such an enterprise would hardly be successful, because it is the rapid onset of the effects that makes cigarettes, snus, and snuff so addictive. By contrast, when administered transdermally, nicotine is absorbed very slowly, which negates the rush and makes it worthless for recreational purposes.

Last edited:
Well, nicotine increases blood pressure, and heart rate which can be bad in the long run. It is also addictive and is a poison. Nicotine is also short acting and cannot be used in children. Google says "It is a stimulant drug in mammals and doses over 50 MGS can be harmful" It also says "Nicotine is a nitrogen containing alkaloid found in different plants and is a natural pesticide"

So, you can technically use it as an enhancer, but it has a lot of drawbacks.

I use it, typically on prep. Helps a tad with appetite and fat loss but haven't ever had any addiction issues with it.

Don't think what you are looking for exists though, at least not with nicotine

I smoke cigars and snort snuff. Tobacco is a plant of Gods. Here in Spain is marketed a bucal spray called Bucomist. Nicotine is nootropic due to its colinergic action. I hope a nasal spray which hits 1mg per push

Isnt nicotine a potent fat-burner as well??

JJ
I'd say better appetite suppressant. Otherwise I'd be shredded. Though on another board someone showed a study of I think it was caffeine and nicotine when combined raises metabolism by a decent amount. Like 5-10%

Not to hijack this thread, but are there studies on non-addictive opioids Sero101? I could look but am 9 days off dope and lazy still.

Not to hijack this thread, but are there studies on non-addictive opioids Sero101? I could look but am 9 days off dope and lazy still.
Anything can be addictive. I hate fentanyl but some love it. I hate tramadol yet some love it. Like I said, addiction is mental. Dependency is physical. So short answer is, there is no non addictive opioids.