Help with DXM addiction?

IHateColleg

Greenlighter
Hello,
So I was put on probation in January, and I started buying dxm and getting high, usually just 360mg. It's all well and dandy until this summer, it's been affecting my finances and leaving me wanting to get high when doing things I usually enjoy, such as riding my bike or gaming. After work today I was ok, but tonight I just felt pretty damn bad, so I went out and got two things of tussin. Before even downing one, I knew this was the reason I was feeling crappy in the first place. So I downed one and a half, threw away the other half, and came home, knowing I had to come clean to someone and stop getting high on this nasty syrup.

So I need to know, what is your advice for restoring my neurotransmitters? I will be starting school again soon and that will either keep me busy, or stress me out, depends how I look at it. I was hoping to get a refill on my Tramadol prescription, but that's a slippery slope, quite a dangerous one at that. IDK what to do, I know I need to stop but I hope I can make a quick recovery. I had some acid, but I have to go out of town to get it and it doesn't really help me stop wanting to get high. I will be off probation with a clean slate in February...but I don't feel safe smoking because I got screwed over once before...so I doubt I'll smoke much. I need to keep myself busy somehow, but this college town is really small and it's easy to get lonely and stressed.

What do you think? I'll report back tomorrow after work and hopefully I won't feel as crappy as today.
Thank you,
-Isomewhathatecolleg

Don't screw up with your probation. Maybe you are not connecting fully with your life--trying to do and be someone that your family or society or even your own head is dictating that doesn't actually satisfy you on a deep enough level. You only get one life as you here on earth. Make it yours.<3

Thanks for the reply!!! Yea, after sitting in the court house and seeing the consequences of failing a drug test(other ppl, not me) I definitely will wait to smoke until after all this is over. When I said I won't smoke much^^, I meant once probation is over...idk, I'm making some progress, hopefully all continues well.

Right now it's digital media, but the school I'm going to is lacking the photoshop and video editing classes I was hoping for...so I may change it. Right now my communication classes are pretty much just People Person skills, which is all good but not the skills I need for the job I want.

You know, you might be surprised later on by the value of those communication classes. It has been shown over and over again that having good communication skills is one of the most useful job skills--regardless of your field. Especially in a very competitive field with few jobs it can really make a difference in both getting the job and then successfully holding it and advancing in it. Being able to create a team--regardless of your field--and bring out the best in others is a great asset to any company.

How are you feeling about things in general?

I'm feeling neutral right about now, some days are good, some not. I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to right now, but hopefully something comes up.