Mental Health 25-I caused me to have depersonlization/derealization

Ben21

Greenlighter
I took 25-I back in 2015 when I was a senior in high school and it messed me up. I posted on here a while ago because I had no idea what it had done to me and I was starting to lose hope I thought I was going crazy and that this was going to be permanent. It has gotten better but I am still not 100% my self and still have feelings of depersonlization/ derealization. I remember posting about how I felt like I was in a constant dream and that I was losing my mind and that every time I looked in the mirror it felt like I was looking at somebody else. Now it's 2017 and I still feel like I'm living in a constant dream and I'm starting to lose hope again that I will ever be back to normal. I went to this place called harmony healthcare where they talked to me about how to deal with it and then they eventually prescribed me medications. They gave me a number of medications like fluoxetine,serataline,lexapro, I'm probably leaving one out. At first I wasn't really feeling very different taking the medications but then I started taking fluextine and I felt really happy and I felt like I was normal again. It was the best feeling in the world. But then I started to realize the medication was making me gain a lot of weight and I decided to switch medications. That was one of the worst decisions I had ever made.the new medication made me feel even worse and it made me have a panic attack at work so I decided to stop taking it. I decided to stop taking medications and try to cure this depersonlization/derealization on my own but I'm having some trouble doing so. I was wondering if anybody has been dealing with something similar to my story and if they could give me tips to overcome depersonlization,derealization that don't include medications. I'm kind of in a real bad place right now and I don't have anybody that understands what I'm going through. I just need some healthy tips and daily routines that helped overcome depersonlization derealization.thank you

I completely understand what you are going through. I had this happen to me after abusing mephedrone/4-fa/methylone back around 2010/2011. I felt like I was dreaming all the time and I started having panic attacks at work where I thought I was having a heart attack. I felt like I didn't know how much more I could take like that. The only thing that would help was benzos as they helped me calm down and not get lost in the thought process loop "Im always going to be like this, I've messed up my brain forever". I started excercising daily and getting serious about my vitamins. Cut out coffee for awhile as well. Eventually it got better and I noticed the less I focused on how I messed myself up the better I got. Now I feel mostly normal with anxiety the only lingering side effect.

I'm glad things are getting better for you.thank you for sharing I really appreciate it. Trying to forget about it and just focus on cleaning,working, playing video games has really helped me out. What kind of vitamins you take?

For vitamins I take Texas super foods and an alive three a day which are horse pills. Weird combo but it's worked for me.