• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health What mental health means

jamesloveabove

Greenlighter
hello, my name is james.
According to the professional i suffer from mental health problems all my life, i also do not use there medications because when i am on them i only have more problems then i did when i started taking them. i once encountered a doctor who thought there was something wrong with my penis or my sexual orientation and this is what he believed to make up most of my mental illness so he tried to sell the drugs off to me as them being able to support my penis and my sexual functions. want to know what happen? i almost died and i lost my cognition and i could not get the women, not to mention i lost my friends. these drugs are extreamly harmful to the body do not use them if a doctor tries to prescribe them tell them no i want an organic alternative.

Long story short there is no such thing has mental health conditions, simply choices. sometimes there are individuals that make choices that deviate from the cultural or societal norm. when this happens people in the group or others who recognize the individual in society begin to make up lots of stories in there head about the individual who they believe could be ill. I think that people who fuzz and complain about anxiety or depression all the time are hypochondriacs they spent way to much time telling themselfs they cant rather than i can and here is how i do it . some times these individuals also might suffer from physical or bio chemical issues, broken livers from drinking can cause anxiety and delusions. if some one has a gi trac infection they might feel depressed or lazy and loss of motivation. simple solution for both of these bio chem deficiencies do not drink and restore the natural enymes and nutrients that the body needs. shortly after there has been equilibrium the mind will begin to cognitively repair itself. the individual will notice that there is less anxiety and can accomplish things they set out to and still manage to get healthy sleep at the end of the day.

Again there is no such thing as mental illness if a individual says that they hear or see something or have some form of bodily delusion they are lying straight to your face. individuals do this in order to seek attention to test others psychological strength and well being. Its like telling a horror story to get arise out of one of friends to turn around and say boo in the dark and that it wasnt real. Simple as that there are situations when hallucinations happen when an individual has taken a strong dose of a pyschadelic drug, if the individual is concious enough aware and intelligent, then the individual will not actually hallucinate and there will be scientific explantation to why they are seeing or hearing what they are. Still that being said even one is daylight hallucinating there is still a scientic explanation weather it be a bio chem and enviromental abnomoly combination. or simply genetics. I want you individuals who have had diagnoses or have had hallucinations or delusions to be truely honest with your self and your loved ones. ask your self do you believe in christ do you believe in science, do you believe in space time and the continium. lastly do you know that the collective subconscious is real. now this being said the extent to ones thoughts may not even be ones thought it could be a derivative of another subconcious regression across space.

Thats all i can say for now with out braking out my documentation on these topics, i have breifly enhanced the idea and notion on the mental illness and the supernatural. please i urge you to help in this philosophical debate for the sake of america and the people who have to deal with "non" professional doctors. or before we let pyschonauts sing like a sailor to there physician maybe we can reach out to them through here.

You are a fucking moron. Depression is a very real mental illness. I have depression. I am lucky that medication has helped to the degree that when I do become suicidal I don't go as deep and it passes quicker (within the day). I hate it when people who have no idea what they are talking about start spouting off. Mental illness is all too real. There is a difference between depression and feeling down. I'm lucky... medications have helped me. I hope jack offs like this don't discourage others from seeking professional help! You do society more harm than good!

Hi James
You're post is quite provocative and I can see how it could genuinely upset some people and diminish / dismiss their very real and debilitating issues.
But, I'm not going to respond by insulting you... it's neither a constructive approach nor is it a helpful start towards understanding.

Firstly, without being patronising or diminishing your opinion and experiences, can I suggest that being very young means you have most of your life's experiences before you and your opinions will change numerous times before you decide to settle on a viewpoint (if you decide to you want to settle).
You have strong opinions, which you seem to have no doubts or questions about...
In my experience, this isn't good for an open and enquiringly mind which I think is the ideal,... it's important to question beliefs and statements of fact and not accept things without challenge.
It's important to also realise that your own opinion, whilst unique and individual, is one opinion amidst billions. And there's a fair chance that you're not always going to have the best ideas

I'll avoid subjective terms such as what's 'right', 'acceptable', 'normal' etc
As you know, these terms are open to individual interpretation and definition.

Even if you believe your opinion is more relevant and important than everyone else's, you can only logically make this claim in relation to yourself. I.e. It's fine to state that you don't believe mental illness to be real in relation to your own experience, but you can't impose your opinion on someone else and speak for them,.. for example, how can you make the claim that some other person's hallucinations aren't real and are in fact a manifestation of self-delusion? How do you know how they feel or what they experience? Sure, you can empathise but that doesn't include telling someone what they should feel.

I speak from experience: I'm more than twice your age and have 15 years + working in public health and mental health.

Publicly stating extreme opinions in an aggressive manner, so they become an unwanted imposition on others is quite an attention seeking action. And perhaps an indication of conflict and pain.

Are you ok? Is there a reason why you thought it was important to post such a provocative message instead of proposing an opinion and starting a discussion?
What did you gain from this ?

That post reads as a possible schizophrenic that is not taking his medication .

What were your mental health conditions the professionals thought you had, what meds did you have to take and what was so bad about them you stopped ?

The brain is just another organ and any can malfunction.