• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD/320ug) - 3rd Trip - Did I Take Real Acid?

wavve

Greenlighter
This is my first real post on this forum, so hello. Im a 16 year old male and i've only dropped acid twice prior to my last trip. My first time, i took 180 micrograms and had a very pleasant experience camping with my girlfriend who was sitting me sober. I smoked some weed with my friends about 30 minutes after i put the blotter under my tongue and i felt myself get higher than i normally do faster than i normally do. I saw amazing visuals and colors became more vibrant, basically normal characteristics. It was over all a great experience. About a month later,on the 4th of July, I took 270 micrograms with two of my friends. We had a few beers and smoked after we made sure the acid dissolved. Once again, it was an amazing experience. We were caught in a two hour loop at our peak trying to plug the xbox into the tv so we could watch Family Guy, but it was still amazing. Both of those trips were very positive and easy to handle.

But my last trip was not that comfortable. My girlfriend got a group of her friends together to go to the beach and she invited me and said that i could take acid if i wanted to. Her friend wanted to take some too, so i let her have one blotter rated at 160 micrograms and i took two, equaling 320. I also at a pot brownie after we took the tabs. We dropped around 7pm and i felt the effects around 7:50. The ground started to warp around my feet and i got hit hard by the acid and the weed. I remember pacing back and forth listening to the people talk. I started to feel uncomfortable because i was in an unfamiliar place with people i didn't really know. There was some drama between me and the other person that took acid so i feel like that definitely pushed me into such a bad trip. I sat on the ground next to my girlfriend and started to feel the full effects. Every song sounded like the same jumble of sounds and they dragged out for an eternity. The people voices started to warp and slow down, getting deeper and deeper. The whole world around us started to get pitch black and i felt a constant humming in the back of my head. It sounded exactly like the first few seconds of The Gloaming by Radiohead (that lasted almost the entire time until morning).

I started to dip in and out of consciousness and the only way i could hold on was by checking the time on my phone. It had only been 2 hours by this point, so i knew it was going to hit harder. Every sound i heard was reversed and the glowsticks in the sand turned to flames while shadow figures danced around us. Everyone else was fairly stoned at this point, but one girl was drunk and high and not having a good time. She kept screaming about how she didn't want to be high anymore. This is when my hallucinations got serious. I saw my girlfriend turn to her and say "You are fine. Talk to them and be more social. Tell them about your death. Tell them how you want to die." She later confirmed that she never said any of this. I kept pulling my phone out to see just how badly time was warping. At one point i looked at the time and said "It's only been 5 seconds?" and i saw myself from outside of my body, my skull shattering. I "woke up" in a completely different spot near my tent with my girlfriend gone and i was surrounded by people i didn't know. At this point, everything was covered in patterns and faced started to bulge and stretch. Waiting 20 minutes for my girlfriend to come back felt like years. At this point my grasp on reality was completely gone. I no longer knew who i was.

By the time she got back, the trip felt completely normal. I was energized and tripping so hard. Anyways, my friend sent me a screenshot of a reddit post saying that some Rick and Morty blotters were actually 25i NBOMe instead of real LSD. Do you guys think i just had a bad trip, or do you think i got fake acid? Thanks for reading my stupidly long trip report:)

substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_inexperienced
roacode_sublingual
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, thanks for sharing and welcome. :) We can't tell you what you took, only a test kit could tell you anything, it could narrow it down to being a lysergamide which means it's almost surely LSD, and if it's not one, then it's probably an NBOMe. However, this sort of experience can certainly happen with LSD. Is it the most you've taken? Also, was it bitter and numbed your mouth? If it wasn't, it wasn't an NBOMe. if it had no taste or just a bit of taste (which sometimes happens from the ink/paper) then it was almost certainly LSD.

There are some lessons here, namely that you need to pay attention to set and setting. In this case, your setting was bad, you were with people you didn't know in an unfamiliar place, and had bad vibes with the person you took it with. That's a recipe for difficult experiences. You probably already know this since you seem to identify that as the reason things went south, but just for the sake of saying it, and for anyone else reading this.

Also I don't think this is long at all, you should see some of mine. :) I did edit in some paragraph breaks because usually people don't want to read a wall of text. I also added some information tags to the post so it can be found easier.

Thanks for replying and editing my post. It was tasteless, so i guess it was lsd. My friend who has taken above 1,000ug before said that he only gets trips that intense around the 700ug range, so i guess i was just a little worried. I'm definitely going to be more aware of set and setting next time. Thanks:)

No problem. :) Also, each trip is different. Even after tripping hundreds of times, I still can sometimes get a trip out of LSD (or anything else) that is quite a bit stronger, even sometimes if the dose is lower than normal.

Do you think it would be fine for me to drop again this friday? I don't know if 6 days is long enough.

Ideally you'd wait 2 weeks between trips. Waiting 6-7 days between trips from time to time is alright, but don't make a habit of it or you'll develop long-term tolerance. After 6-7 days, tolerance is mostly gone, technically. Tripping is better the less often you do it. And this is coming from a guy who, in 2006-2007, consumed psychedelics 3-5 times a week for 2 years, because I like them so much. If you start tripping too often, you either fall down the rabbit hole and get a little lost, or it becomes semi-normal and it doesn't have the same impact anymore, which takes a long time to go away.

You're young, you've got all the time in the world to trip. In general it's best to wait until you're older to trip because your brain is developing and there is a greater chance of bad results happening in this stage in your life. But if you're going to do it, definitely use them sparingly. If Friday is a special occasion, like a birthday where your friends are gonna be tripping, or something, I'd say yeah, should be fine. But if you're just itching to trip again, my advice is to exercise self-control and wait for a while. What you learn now in terms of self-control will follow you for the rest of your days.

Take it from a guy who loves to trip and has been doing so for 16 years. :) Less is more.

Friday will be the last day for me to do any psychedelics because school starts soon for me, but after that I think i'm done for a few months. Thanks:)