• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

August Getting Staying Clean and Sober Thread vs Light in August

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
A thread for those looking to get and or stay clean and sober.

Please follow SL guidelines.

102693410.jpg.rendition.smallest.ss.jpg

July Thread here http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ad-vs-quot-Fireworks-and-Toss-your-Works-quot

Today marks five years of no opiates or benzo abuse. Big milestone for me. I slipped onto alcohol but its been 78 days off alcohol and smoking tobacco. 52 days off everything.

Pretty happy about all this.

Today marks five years of no opiates or benzo abuse. Big milestone for me. I slipped onto alcohol but its been 78 days off alcohol and smoking tobacco. 52 days off everything.

Pretty happy about all this.

And now I'm happy too...that's just awesome progress, NSA :)

Never sick..awesome at 5 years no opiates. I'm struggling right now and lowering and getting off at low dose compared to what I've been taking in the next two days. Worst part over the weekend and back to work Monday. Just have to suck it up and do it. Anyway this thread is about u bud! Great job and no worries about the alcohol or smokes. U r good and clean now and doing great. Isn't life awesome sober. I know when I've been clean for a few months I've noticing things I never noticed when high. Keep it up!!!

Thats whats up nevversick. Keep up the good work :)

As for me, I could defently use some prayers. It hassn't it me yet full blown. It will, someday
As for my family, they all have their benzos and alcohol to fall back on, so i'm really not worried about them atm.

Also, is it selfish of me to remove myself(tagd) from a post on facebook?
The reason I ask is my sister tagged me to some photos of my brother, and she also tagged my cousin(whom is a very sick *in the head individual). I untagged myself for that very reason, and my sister and I dont talk much anymore, and i could really care less about her.

Hell no! You ALWAYS have the option to limit your exposure on social media. In fact, I think doing so would be very wise for any former or current drug user.

I'll shoot you some metta today D's <3

Hey thanks tooth, been doing better today then yesterday, i am more accepting of what i went through the other day, (check out my blog.)

I dont like it when people i never really talk with pull up on me and ask if i am 'okay', i respond with yeah, why you ask? They say 'oh you know your brother and all' and really i want to act out and say things like 'fuck you,you dont know my brother or me' i usually end up saying. Yeah things are good. And walk away.

Hate that my personal shit got all out there, and really i choose the people i talk and hang out with.

Aug 25 will be 9 months for me! good luck to everybody

Very nice work!!%)

Never sick..awesome at 5 years no opiates. I'm struggling right now and lowering and getting off at low dose compared to what I've been taking in the next two days. Worst part over the weekend and back to work Monday. Just have to suck it up and do it. Anyway this thread is about u bud! Great job and no worries about the alcohol or smokes. U r good and clean now and doing great. Isn't life awesome sober. I know when I've been clean for a few months I've noticing things I never noticed when high. Keep it up!!!

You too!!

Thats whats up nevversick. Keep up the good work :)
Thank you.. and i will:)

NSA is still my hero :)
=D

Oy, what a day. Had the day off so I scheduled my CPR refresher at the Red Cross which was my last remaining requirement to finish my safety/rescue diver certification and get a call on the way home from a friend still struggling with addiction. She tried to go to work while in withdrawal and something happened so she was taken to urgent care and was told at urgent care that she needed to be admitted to a hospital and asked me to take her from urgent care to the hospital so she didn't have a big fat ambulance bill. I told her that I had an appointment with the trainer at the gym and would be late but I would willingly take her because just about everyone had written me off as good as dead and as long as she is breathing and has a heartbeat I don't want to write anyone off because I know how that feels. But at the same time, I tried to impress upon her as strongly as I could and remain diplomatic that trying to resume your regularly scheduled life minus alcohol (or drugs) DOESN'T WORK. She is like I was, a frequent flyer in treatment centers. I'm sure she knows this. She's not dumb, by a long shot. Highly educated, actually. But knowing and doing are two separate things.

Oy, what a day. Had the day off so I scheduled my CPR refresher at the Red Cross which was my last remaining requirement to finish my safety/rescue diver certification and get a call on the way home from a friend still struggling with addiction. She tried to go to work while in withdrawal and something happened so she was taken to urgent care and was told at urgent care that she needed to be admitted to a hospital and asked me to take her from urgent care to the hospital so she didn't have a big fat ambulance bill. I told her that I had an appointment with the trainer at the gym and would be late but I would willingly take her because just about everyone had written me off as good as dead and as long as she is breathing and has a heartbeat I don't want to write anyone off because I know how that feels. But at the same time, I tried to impress upon her as strongly as I could and remain diplomatic that trying to resume your regularly scheduled life minus alcohol (or drugs) DOESN'T WORK. She is like I was, a frequent flyer in treatment centers. I'm sure she knows this. She's not dumb, by a long shot. Highly educated, actually. But knowing and doing are two separate things.

Isn't it bizarre how the intellect is of absolutely no use when dealing with addiction?

It's just a matter or learning which voices to listen to ;)
I wish she'd listen to the one that says, "Gee, my tolerance for alcohol seems to be on par with John Bonham's. Maybe if I don't want to go the way of John Bonham, I should make some fundamental changes in the way I live."

Well, perhaps a different part of the mind entirely. I feel like that intellectual part of the mind does easy lend itself to rationalizing, which may or may not be useful (rational: to make sense of). I was referring to a more intuitive kind of voice, perhaps one's conscious. Granted, after years of intense drug use it can be hard to hear, but even then there are moments of clarity.

I wasn't referring to your experience per se though, more the following comment generally. It sounds like what you experienced was a good experience for you though, exploring what you want your personal ethic and boundaries to look like. And despite it clearly being a big PITA for you, what you did is highly commendable (those bills can be huge). I have a feeling you'll be able to handle any similar situation that arises in the future even better than this (and I don't think anyone could criticize you for how you went about it this time either).

Nine months clean as of last Sunday. I feel like I'm entering a different phase of my life/recovery. During the first six months or so, I had a lot of tangible issues on my plate - DWI, treatment, etc., and it was easy to talk about and get emotional support. Now that the dust has settled a bit and I don't have a problem to solve, I feel uncomfortable and find myself stirring shit up a bit so I have something to attach to. The analytical part of me wants a busy, active mind at all times, otherwise I feel uncomfortable and uncertain of what's to come. I'm having to look much deeper inside to where these thoughts and feelings are coming from, and reaching out to others has been a struggle. I think this is a normal place to be, but it feels unfamiliar and scary. The willful, narcissistic side of me is slipping away - fear, oversensitivity and insecurity aren't running the show anymore, and frankly I don't know what it's like to live without those feelings.

I had a conversation with a friend about something similar there GK. When I was pretty low, about how sometimes we tend to look at the negative side of things. And if theres nothing there we "stir shit up" like you say. He suggested that looking at only the negatives was a sort of defense mechanism so we could avoid such matters. Which sorta makes sense.. But then why do we seek them out sometimes? If only I knew haha

New feelings or a lack of old familiar feelings or experiencing feelings again was definitely a challenge for me.
Meditation is helping me accept these feelings. And Im slowly learning not to cling to them.
Good, bad, neutral. I try to experience them as they happen without trying to hold onto them.

On an unrelated topic, earlier today I was looking for a meme with a picture of jack nicholson and found this instead.
11349201_844941082248198_2136738369_n.jpg

I had a good laugh at that but if it offends Ill remove (though that is not my intent)