Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Hawiian baby woodrose seeds - First Time - My first psychedelic

ffreeman

Greenlighter
My first psychedelic trip. I was ignorant, I did not respect the power of psychedelics.

After acquiring the seeds online, I scraped the husk off, then crushed 6 seeds to fill a gelatin capsule for ease of transport. I ate nothing in the 3 hours before taking the seeds.

Letting the capsule dissolve in my mouth; I then chewed the powder for 10 mins before swallowing as I walked to a calm and green park, from town.

T+30, Nausea came quickly, but I distracted myself with pink Floyd.
T+60, Cramp now arrived, nausea started to subside.
T+90, Colours now started to seem marginally more significant.
T+130, Trip sitter arrived. I felt a dull buzz, the deep green of the trees seemed odd. I didn’t understand if this was the extent of the experience and decided to go to town. Now my vision seemed heightened and focusing on a specific object was hard but interesting. It was clear to other people now that I was not in a normal state.
T+160, It hit me (*), intense nausea followed by visual and emotional melting. I experienced my most intense unpleasant feelings ever, it was truly overwhelming. This was amplified by the faces around me in town, I could not foresee an end to this. This was further made worse as I was lead further into the center of town by a third party. At this point I was sure I did not want to repeat this experience, indeed take any drugs in the future.
T+175, I found If I focused deeply I felt a major euphoric buzz and could to some extent enjoy the fear.
T+180, We reached a calm urban spot. I relaxed my mind completely and could enjoy a fiery intense buzz through my whole body. Now relaxed I could focus on the visual distortions buildings were: bending, sinking and distances between bricks were shrinking.
T+210, Visuals seemed to decrease and I could walk through town, with complete comfort. My major body highs continued, I felt calm.
T+240, I just wanted to chill and become engulfed in my euphoria, the buzz changed focusing on different parts of my body- mainly my groin. I Ended up chilling in MacDonald contemplating the earlier events: realizing how oblivious I had been, what I had learnt and how I would act differently in the future.
T+320, The buzz was still going strong and ended up telling the days experience to a random person who seemed amused but was relieved to have some temporary company. I felt like I needed to eat yet would be sick if I did. I just wanted to take the rest of the night slowly.
T+360, Now left the comfort of McDonalds and walked around town. The body high now starting to decrease. I got some light food (it being 9 hours since I had last had a meal). I returned to the spot from T+160 and thought over the events. My pupils are massive at this point.
T+400, The euphoria was now diminishing. Watched a play from a hill.
T+460, I went home and slept. I expected to have peculiar dreams but did not.

(*) this seemed to be evoked by seeing a friend feel similar and then realizing I would have a similar experience

My mistakes:

• Going into the situation unprepared. I hugely underestimated the potential of 6 seeds- which workes out at £0.64 for this experience
  • Going into town. I was ignorant and did not take the fact that: I did not know what was going to happen next, into account.
  • Taking 6 seed, although this is a low/average dose I did not know how potent the seeds were. I should have had 3 seeds maximum.

What I have learnt:

• Have ultimate respect for the experience a psychedelic may give me
  • Stay in a calm place
  • Don’t get ahead of myself when i don't know what is to come

substancecode_hawaiianbabywoodrose
substancecode_hbwr
substancecode_lsa
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_firsttime
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, welcome to Bluelight, thanks for sharing. :) Sounds like you've got a good mind for psychedelics, it's totally normal to get very anxious and fearful in uncontrolled situations, but you handled it and ended up learning some things. So good job!

I renamed your thread slightly to conform to guidelines. I also edited in some search-related tags at the bottom of your post.

^^ Not a bad idea, but on the other hand, working through difficult trips can be very rewarding. If you abort a trip every time it gets scary, you'll miss opportunities to strengthen yourself. Some of my best trips were terrifying at points. The types of trips that need to be aborted are when you start to become psychotic. Still, it's good to have something on hand to abort, because just knowing that you COULD can be a big help. I'd recommend benzos rather than an antipsychotic though, because a benzo will just calm you down and they have less side effects.

OP, Excellent trip report. I agree fully w/above posters. Remember with the HBW seeds or other natural psychedelics, alkaloid content of the psycoactive elements can vary greatly. Remember, you can always take more, but not less. Also, like you wisely realized, set and setting play a big role is psychadelics.