• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How to dry wet weed?

Anon456654

Greenlighter
Recently been a very lucky boy and come across a very large amount of weed, but its wet through in bin bags, how can I save it and dry it before it moulds! Cheers.

Recently been a very lucky boy and come across a very large amount of weed
Nice! :)

Spread it on newspapers and dry in direct sun - this would pretty much preserve the taste. Or make lots of little holes in a foil sheet, spread your weed on it and put it in the oven on the smallest temperature with open oven door and dry it like that - it will be fast and effective but you'll sacrifice some of the bud's taste. Either way do it ASAP or it will get moldy.

or if it's still on stems hang them up like on coat hangers or a tight piece of rope or string and hang them in a place that wont get wet.

Could possibly use a dehydrator on a very low setting as well.

cool dry area with a dehumidifier and just hung it up
get a hygrometer and mason jars to cure it

or just make hash with it as is. i'd do a run of bubblehash.

Nice! :)

Spread it on newspapers and dry in direct sun - this would pretty much preserve the taste. Or make lots of little holes in a foil sheet, spread your weed on it and put it in the oven on the smallest temperature with open oven door and dry it like that - it will be fast and effective but you'll sacrifice some of the bud's taste.
Please don't do either of these suggestions! I don't mean to sound like a dick, but those are two of the worst ways to dry weed. You'll lose ALL the flavour and it'll taste like dry grass clippings.
Either hang it up or lay it out in a space with good ventilation. If it's been sat in bags for a while you could add a small amount of heat with a small heater, however I assume it's warm outside anyway so shouldn't be needed. Just get some oscillating fans and leave it a few days to a week, checking it daily for any signs of mould, if any does turn up just chop it out.
After it's dry put it in an air tight container for storage/curing.

Hang it where you get enough air movement to avoid mold. When the stems snap, but not break then you can start curing.

It takes 3-5 days from fresh harvest to that point.