• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin iv user need help not registering

Dazalyn

Greenlighter
Ok so I've been using heroin for over 2 years daily. I would randomly bang bc I wanted a rush. I normally snort but I never feel anything at all. I just maintain. So anyways I quit for 1.5 days with a couple subs and I went back and have been strictly iv since. The only problem is I can't hit myself. Normally other ppl do. When my friend got me a point he through it at me and was like gotta go so I had no choice but to hit myself. Well I missed and I guess muscle shot it so the whole reason why I go through all the trouble of banging is bc I want to feel something. Not just not be sick. Even if it's just the first one of the day. I've been poking myself in various places all night and no luck. my veins used tostick out and taunt me all the time. I had to go to the hospital bc my asthma and even the nurses were like u are a junkies wet dream. Lol. But anyways every time I stick it in it doesn't draw back blood. Am I not sticking it in far enough am I moving after I get it in. And this has only been a few days since I started back. Not months. I know it's just me and I'm doing something wrong. I just wanna hit. How should I hold my arm. Can u do it where the arm is at a 90 degree angle? Plz help. Thanks !!

Since all of my good veins have collapsed, many times I need to use some tricks to get any to appear. Do you use a tourniquet? If you don't, try one out. One trick that used to work for me is windmilling my arm for a minute. Either put on tourniquet before the windmill or immediately after. Have you tried heating up the area? Try a heating pad or a towel soaked with hot water placed over the area. Sometimes none of that would work for me so I'd take my prepped shot of whatever and a tourniquet into a hot shower with me. Stand in the hot water for a few minutes, put the tourney on your arm or leg and just start feeling around.

^Excellent tip. One of the first suggestions I make for people who are having issues finding sites is to get in a hot shower. It should be as hot as you can stand and there should be steam. This will generally cause veins to become more visible. Another thing that you must keep in mind is hydration. If you are dehydrated, you veins are going to have less pressure and thus will be less visible.

I would start with this information and see if it is able to help you.

I ended up having to go visit a friend. And all the people that have been doing it for me have been going in the same spot and it hurt bad yesterday so he tried all around for awhile. Apparently my veins are tiny and roll a lot. But he went in the same vein as the others only higher job I drank 2 glasses of water then it hit it finally after like an hour. It was terrible lol. I may try the shower thing too. Like I want another shot right now but I clldont wanna look like a porcupine got ahold of me haha!! Also he told me my point was super dull which I figured from all the times I poked myself I hope it gets easier bc this is a pain. Thanks for your input.

You can't be using a full point man. That will cause more damage than you realize. I guarantee you, the spot that you hit hurts so much because you're sticking a jagged barred needle into it. Ideally you should be rotating spots, but I am also guilty of finding a good spot and sticking with it. My excuse now is that I've destroyed most of my veins already. But you, not being a regular IVer, have plenty of uncollapsed veins. Please listen when I tell you, use fresh new needles, and get in the hot shower and look for other places to inject. Even if you get in and do your shot, look for more veins while you're in there and make a mental note so you know for next time.

Also, a tourniquet will help veins to not roll. I find the closer I tie off to where I shoot, the more it holds the vein steady and keeps it from rolling. Also, this may not be fact, but I believe the closer you tie off to where you shoot, the more important it is to release the tourniquet before doing your shot, because your vein will have less room for the blood that's already in it, your shot, and the blood that continues to pump into it.

You're fairly new to IV. Don't take advice from experienced users lightly or in a few years you will wish you had listened. I know I do. The guy who hits you up also should know better than poking you in the same place. But it's your body, and you who needs to look after it. Be safe.

also, can anyone post that picture that has the blown up image of the new needle, then after one use, then after multiple uses, so this guy can see how much damage reusing needles can cause....

Dehydration can make it hard to find veins. I used to hydrate up about an hour b4 a IV meth session. Sometimes I'd even do some push ups as well.

This is the guidelines for doctors and nurses:
needle-insertion-angles-1.png

The idea with this angle of the needle when shooting IV is that i enters the length of the blood veine which means that if you by accident move the needle forward to backwards when registrering. If you inject with 90 degrees you will risk sticking the need through the vein which means that you can start over again.

Last edited:
bicep curls make your arm veins pop pretty good as well

always push a little bit of the shot in to start to make sure you arent missing. if your skin starts to rise in a bubble, you are missing your shot. you will notice a different feeling too. Clean shots do not hurt at all. Missed shots leave a stinging sensation you should be able to feel immediately

You can look up videos online that will show you the proper technique. Seems like you need a tourniquet and hydration . I get very dehydrated and my morning shot can take an hour . Running your arm in hot water gettting blood flow to your veins use a tourniquet!!! The best vein to look for is not in the crook of you're arm it is in your lower arm left side from the bottom of your thumb to the inner left elbow that vein is big and doesn't roll much . What size needle are u using ? Also the outer and upper area of your wrists you can usually find a good one if you have a tie on. . Make sure you are tying 4 inches from injection site

Ahhhh I love the pic of the angles of how to inject!! I still suck at it. It pisses me off that other ppl can hit me and I never can

I was told to never go on my wrist?? They are tiny lil veins there anyways

Ive used all my little wrist veins. Last resort. But there is a big nice vein under your thumb on your arm you will find it with a tie. It runs down your arm on both sides there are two nice ones . Don't blast all your good veins stay at the small ones and then you can ruin the big ones later or not. Just try to save the feeling in your arms my arms loose their feeling everytime I last down