• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Addicted and want out.. Advice needed.

Be careful with the tramadol. It can be as addictive as an opiate in some people and it also causes seizures in people who have never had a seizure before.
Being sick from wd is the absolute worst thing I've ever gone thru. Klonopin and clonidine were the only meds that helped with the 'crawling out of my skin" feeling. That's also the worst part for me. I tried other bp meds without success.
Everyone is different, obviously. We all react in different ways. The one thing we do have in common is wd SUCKS.
Good luck.

Day 5 and counting... got up and did some things today but still feel pretty shitty and still very restless.
I need some advice from all you MJ lovers. I went to the dispensary today and picked up a gram. (MJ is legal here now)
I tried to explain to the lady what I needed it for and explained my detox story in short. She recommended a strain that had a pretty high THC amount (28%) and it's a 70/30 sativa/indica blend. I also explained to her that I have legit anxiety and panic attack issues. I guess I though she would recommend something more indica dominate - but what do I know.?

Can anyone recommend something better? I used a bit of it and I feel the effects but I'm still pretty restless.

Day 5 and counting... got up and did some things today but still feel pretty shitty and still very restless.
I need some advice from all you MJ lovers. I went to the dispensary today and picked up a gram. (MJ is legal here now)
I tried to explain to the lady what I needed it for and explained my detox story in short. She recommended a strain that had a pretty high THC amount (28%) and it's a 70/30 sativa/indica blend. I also explained to her that I have legit anxiety and panic attack issues. I guess I though she would recommend something more indica dominate - but what do I know.?

Can anyone recommend something better? I used a bit of it and I feel the effects but I'm still pretty restless
I would agree with you, a high indica strain wouldve been much better.

You're past the hard part now if you're into day 5.
Just remember it only gets better from here on out, and kudos to you for making it to day 5!!! :)

I am now on day 3 of kratom withdrawal and I feel about 75% better. I'm quite proud of myself I made it this far

Great for you brother!!! This withdrawal shit is daunting. Constantine counting the hours...that's a chore in its self!!! Currently I am only taking 300mg of Gabapentin 2x a day and some sort of benzo at night. I struggle through the days the best I can. I still can't believe how figity and restless I am! I go back to work in 2 days and I'm gunna have to perform up to their normal standards for me (they are high) and I wonder if I can handle it. The past 18 months I have been taking oxy and going on about my dad, including work! Wondering how all that is gunna pan out. REALLY hope that this restless leg shit ends before I go back to work too!! Sitting at a desk with my legs going nuts 24/7 is gunna suck!!!

MJ for my mood has been the best thing yet! However i am on day 6 without ANY opiate use!!
I just wish my legs would stop hurting and moving around and DRIVING me crazy!

MJ for my mood has been the best thing yet! However i am on day 6 without ANY opiate use!!
Thats where CBD oil will help tremendously. Its a great body painkiller without the psychoactive effect

Yeah! I am so happy for you! Your legs will calm in time, ride the wave, you can do it!!! I believe in you!

First off BIG and HUGE thanks to the people that have posted in this thread and offered advice. Your words and kindness is invaluable. Also thanks to anyone who has just read this thread - thanks for following my story, and i truly hope it can maybe help you in your own path....
With that being said in 4 hours it will be 7 days. 168 hours since my last dose of oxy. Do I feel 100% Nope. Do I feel better then I did on day 3? You bet your ass I do! Still having the damn restless leg crap at night and it is driving me crazy. Hoping it starts to go away soon. I get pretty hardcore cravings a few times a day but I have been able to not flounder. Will it still be that way in a week? Who knows? I just take it day by day. I went to a pretty big social gathering today and it was rough. I was overstimulated and anxious, but through all of that I could SLIGHTLY see the old self in there. The non medicated self. I was able to leave early (thank god) but at least I made an attempt. My wife saw my attempt as well so maybe i won brownie points? Lol

I got back to work tomorrow morning. First day back in 6 weeks since my surgery... I am beyond anxious. A part of me wants to wake up and take that 15mg dose of oxy and feel great and go in there and kill it like I used too! But sadly I can't do that. The past 18 months I have been doing my job all while high on oxy. I'm nervous on how it might work out tomorrow being clean and sober....

Well kinda sober. I guess. I figure I will take a L- Tyrosine dose in the morning and chase it down with some coffee. Then maybe take 300-600mg of gabapentin and I'll have some Xanax in my pocket if I seem to need it.... I guess I'm just scared... ? The people I work with can't know I'm on anything and I have to be able to perform to the level i was performing at before. I REALLY just need to have a halfway decent day tomorrow!!! I would try to smoke some MJ because it helps me so much with my mood... but i would be unable to function at my job. Sigh.... the trials and tribulations.
Anyways I will take all the positive vibes I can get guys!! And to anyone who's out there and kicking on day 2 or 3 or 5 even! IT DOES GET BETTER!!! Hang on to that. ❤️

Well shit... its been 10 days. I've been clean from opiates. I'm proud and sad at the same time. I guess this would be the PAWS stage right?

Most physical symptoms are gone... but this restless leg / leg pain has not let up! It's driving me CRAZY. I sware if I could just get this leg thing better I would have a better mental state as well. I have tried damn near everything and nothing helps!

Any of your BLers have any tips on how to deal with the RLS or tips and tricks to
Make it better?

Last edited:
After years of use for chronic pain, and 2 years of abusing, I sought treatment this week for the first time ever! I made a call and was directed to a clinic near me. If I had known it was so easy I would have gone years ago. I was taking 100-150mg of oxycodone a day. They put me on Suboxone. I have to go to the Clinic everyday to get my meds. It's $13.50 a day. I'm only in the building for 5 minutes and I have to see the counselor one hour a month. They started me on 6mg of Suboxone for 3 days, then I get bumped up to 8mg. If I do the work I get a take home script. I'm on day two without any withdrawal issues and I feel great. I'm so proud of myself. I havn't touched any oxycodones and I have no urge to. I think this will work. As long as I can wean off the Suboxone! I'm just so happy that the withdrawal symptoms are gone. I never thought this would work for me, it could be something for you to consider. I wish you the best. My apologies if I said anything wrong, I'm new ?

Well shit... its been 10 days. I've been clean from opiates. I'm proud and sad at the same time. I guess this would be the PAWS stage right?

Most physical symptoms are gone... but this restless leg / leg pain has not let up! It's driving me CRAZY. I sware if I could just get this leg thing better I would have a better mental state as well. I have tried damn near everything and nothing helps!

Any of your BLers have any tips on how to deal with the RLS or tips and tricks to
Make it better?
Go to a health food store and buy Calcium Ascorbate (Vitamin C). Take 1,000 mg every few hours or so.

Do NOT buy regular ascorbic acid, it will give you diarrhea at high doses

Thanks Fresco! It's good to know that someone has followed along and been my cheerleader through all of this. I am taking the calcium, but I'm only able to get in like 2000mg a day and it isn't really helping. My legs are driving me fucking crazy.... I was even desperate enough to go out and buy tonic water... I drank 2 whole bottles of that crap and it didn't help a thing.
To be honest - today is the worst I have felt physically in past 7 days. I have zero engery, I feel like every once of my body hurts, and I am utterly exhausted... I thought the physically withdrawal symptoms would be gone by now... in 8 hours will be 11 days and I have taken ZERO opiates. I was taking IR medication before so I'm kinda confused as to why I still feel so horrible. I have almost used multiple times today just to end this misery but each time I closed that drawer and moved on.
This morning I got up and cleaned my house and got lots of exercise in, even went went for a short jog and it seemed to make me feel worse.
My patience is wearing thin I feel... I have been smoking quality MJ and it definitely helps with my mood... but I'm so over feeling physically like SHIT.

Also still dealing with the chills and sneezing at random times. I'm off work tomorrow but it seems as I have a packed day with being social and shopping with my lady and her mom. God help me make it through... lol.

Last edited:
Yep. CBD oil, CBN oil and multiple strains of different MJ. Even tried MJ tinctures - while they all kinda help with my mood and lift my spirits... the physical pain esp in my legs and the pure exhaustion are winning right now. I've about had it. Not sure how I'm going to do this week at work all week....

Thanks Fresco! It's good to know that someone has followed along and been my cheerleader through all of this. I am taking the calcium, but I'm only able to get in like 2000mg a day and it isn't really helping
That sucks. Sorry to hear that :(

My legs are driving me fucking crazy.... I was even desperate enough to go out and buy tonic water... I drank 2 whole bottles of that crap and it didn't help a thing
Are you sure the leg pain is from the opiate withdrawals, or is it perhaps some type of injury??
(sorry if thats a stupid question)

I have thought about that too... but I'm pretty sure it's from the withdrawls... I'm too scared to take a perc and check. Lol.
Tomorrow I might have to though... sigh. Work is going to be tough... I was on about 50-80mg of oxy a day. I am wondering if I can survive a day on just 10 or 15mg without setting back my withdrawls...

The fear is definitely worse than the withdrawal itself. The physical part is bad but you'll get better so soon. What's one week in comparison with your entire time you've been using? Maybe the first 3 days will be worst but this feeling of freedom and hope just ahead will provide you with the strength you'll need. Think positive, imagine all the great things you will be able to do once you're free and happy.

I have been addicted to opiates for so long and I have missed so much! But I did it and I believe you are going to be just fine. The quitting time itself is not as hard as the days ahead. So start thinking of all the things you can think about that will make you busy. Even if you don't feel happy right away remember this is all part of the process.

Exercises will help you with the endorfin, whenever you experience cravings just live a moment at a time and soon you'll realize the craving itself doesn't last too long. You'll be saving money, also will be looking better and healthier. Think of the things you like to do, other than drugs. Anything is possible. For me it was music, books, going to different places, and small pleasures like watching you best series, playing games. Travel if you can.

Of course there will be moments you'll be sad. I felt quite depressed for a while but managed to feel some happiness every here and then. People can be quite supportive and you'll be surprised of how much money you'll either be saving or not worrying about it all the time.

Some people feel safer with supporting groups, you can practice in here. Just remember that most of us have gone through all of these feelings.

Keep posting! You can do this, believe in yourself and be patient.

Take care,
Erik

I just went back and read this thread from the beginning.. with an oxy already packed in my work bag from tomorrow. I really believed that tomorrow I was going to give up and cave in...
but then, I re-read this. Thank you Erik. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. What you expressed in your reply just helped me so much! I maybe didn't realize it when you first posted it and I'm sad I did. But you are 100% correct.

Maybe I can do this.

You CAN do this. Those withdrawal problems with your legs will subside soon enough

Well... in about 8 hours it will be Day 13. Still haven't taken any opiates. Legs were a bit better today but seem to be getting worse right about now. Work was okay. Even brought a few percs to work with me with 100% intention of using and I didn't. I was able to manage and get by. That's really the only plan I got at the moment... and if one day I have a lapse in judgment then that's what happens. I cannot predict the future, I can only predict right now. I need to figure out ways for this brain of mine to produce endorphins again! I was never a depressed person before, but this shit right here is fucking DEPRESSION. Hopelessness... it's all kinds of fucked up. But I beat opiates and PAWS so far today so to me - that's a win..