• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Smoking Meth VS Snorting

Illegal

Ex-Bluelighter
Hi,
Is there much difference in the duration of Smoking Meth VS snorting?
I love smoking it but if snorting lasts longer then I will give it a go. But the high will be different I'm assuming.

I can't tell much difference, honestly. For me, it takes so much longer to smoke an amount I could shove up my nose in seconds, it would wipe out any difference. But I'm also a daily user, so a lot of nuance has been steamrolled.

High from snorting is a bit longer, but not substantially, and the comedown is more drawn out. It's also a bit more of an "up and go" body buzz, and less fiendish (ie. you're more likely to get up and get shit done instead of sitting on the couch taking another twirl every 10 minutes).

High from snorting is a bit longer, but not substantially, and the comedown is more drawn out. It's also a bit more of an "up and go" body buzz, and less fiendish (ie. you're more likely to get up and get shit done instead of sitting on the couch taking another twirl every 10 minutes).
This.

Smoking should really be about having the right conditions and attitude. It kind of sets a feel for a session, and you want to be able to take your time.

You do a line when you have to, like, lunch break's over.

I do notice with a long smoking session, there's a buzz that's distinctly different. It does "hit" in a way that railing doesn't.

I can't tell much difference, honestly. For me, it takes so much longer to smoke an amount I could shove up my nose in seconds, it would wipe out any difference. But I'm also a daily user, so a lot of nuance has been steamrolled.

That's probably because you use a pipe. Ever try dabbing it?

Re: your other post; that is due to the lower time until onset of effects. I always found shooting it was a unique experience (one I am willing to go without now).

I agree with the general consensus thus far

snorting probably will last a little longer on average, but with a little bit less intensity. Of course, that same intensity usually caused me to just space out after smoking meth, with the only real productive thing I accomplished being the preparation of another bowl of meth to smoke.

snorting meth is also HORRIBLE for your nose though. it is the worst drug (that is actually snortable I should say) to snort IMO. you are literally inhaling teeny, tiny shards into your nose. It would be much better long term if you just dissolved the meth into a little bit of water, put the water into a nasal dripper, and did it that way. Please dont continuously just snort shards of meth into your nose, thats a 1-way ticket to Perforated Septumville

You only perforate once (YOPO)

Smoking is so gross though. I never tried dabbing it because the taste is deathish

I think the main difference is the half-life of the substance's effects. Snorting has less euphoric effects and the onset (for me at least) is the same as smoking. I got into the habit of smoking because I thought making big clouds was fun and I didn't feel as "screechy" as snorting...but because of habitual trigger in the act of smoking, I reach for it a lot when I really don't need to. You reach a certain point and it stops working. In fact I've smoked and innocuously fell asleep moments later and was out for a good 8 hours; and I don't do 4-day benders, it was just a normal day and I still fell asleep.

When I snort off more than you can chew (lulz) I get that hideous feeling of discomfort similar to when I took my Ritalin but skipped breakfast and in high school. Very "startled" by the smallest little noises etc.

The catch with smoking is that the shortened half-life inevitably makes your crash feel worse, but the easiest route to unhinging the grip of unnecessary anxiety is FOOD and sleep. I emphasize food because so many people seem to forget that food is more pleasurable than any drug, and if you have 'trouble' eating while tweaked, practice with some ice cream or something because it makes a world of a difference between feeling tired and feeling like death.

The best experience I had recently was parachuting a tiny piece. Within 20 minutes that skiddish, easily distracted tweak became very grounded and mindful and pulled me out of my dysphoric head.

Try parachuting and I'm not gonna tell what to do in your life but I suggest avoiding smoking. It's not nearly as dramatic as what I see in those documentaries, but it's more of a 'chore' than smoking pot or cracking open a beer.

Which documentaries are those?

Doesn't this stuff make you sick oral-y? Or did I just get sick twice and think it does? I used to chase a smoking session with rails and then eat some. But eventually I'd get sick, and blamed the eating. So now I crush and keep it under my tongue. No worse than sucking on a bee, and sometimes it's the only option if my nose is too crusty.

There's a lighter feeling to smoking, now that this question gave me an excuse to pay more attention. Thing is, that could also be oxygen deprivation.

Ouch that sounds like hell but I'm sure it doesn't top the napalm fun dip that is MDMA powder. I remember thinking that it can't possibly be good for your bod/brain when it's so chemically putrid tasting. I'm not certain as to why you got sick.

Maybe because you're actually digesting it. It's common for people to have nausea/the dumps when taking a new prescribed medication. Perhaps measure your amount and put it in a capsule? I always make sure my stomach is coated even when I take my vitamins.

Come to think of it, oral might be a good outlet to quitting the crank pipe and eventually leveling to abstinence. For such a small amount I had crazy good albeit sober energy.

Oh I couldn't name a documentary in particular, but the ones they show on NatGeo Discovery etc like to showcase the worst in substances because it's for entertainment after all. I saw one where they said "it's a drug so addicting and powerful it makes crack look like Sesame Street" or some ridiculous ad hominem BS we've all heard before. Crack to me is like wrapping your heart in tin foil and microvwaving it. I've never done the stuff but coke was pretty powerful in powder form.

There was another doc on 'shabu' in Southeast Asia and how it was an even stronger form of meth or something. I mean, call me a skeptic but I thought it was the same thing? Yeah, turn off the television ..

Being all amped should shoot up cortisol levels, which can suppress the immune system. And lack of sleep. And hearing things. But a suppressed immune system means less inflammation, which is "good". So, lose/win?

[mention]1258PM[/mention] Chemical tastes never bothered me. And the meth really only stings if it's finely powdered and hits the right spot under your tongue. Otherwise you can suck on a shard like a candy, it just tastes salty/bitter as it dissolves. I just try to avoid swallowing any as long as I can.

And don't forget the ol' up your butt route. I've had only minor success with it. You can take an enormous dose that way, but I think you gotta douche your hole to really absorb it all together.

I've seen a BBC documentary that labelled my hometown the "meth capital of the world". Yeah, there's a lot of it here, but compared to any other shit town?

What happened to The1urbsnail?

He posted a nice "growing shards in your lungs" question.
The answer is no, you cannot, or I'd be rich.

But how does the shabu usually come, powdered, shards, cut to hell, super-pure?
I guess that's not fair for a whole continent, since you can't get two Americans to agree it seems like. How about in your experience?

I've also heard of meth mixed with tobacco in Asia.

Oral meth was a pretty smooth high for me. Lasted pretty long too. Honestly, it was basically like taking an adderall only it barely took any meth. It is the ideal method to consume meth if you are mainly using it before work or something

not very fun or exciting though, and the taste of fairly gross. I would just put some in a shot glass and down it, followed by a chaser of something

I like to go three ways, with an oral, then a nasal, then a bowl. Idea being they all come on together and even out slowly.

But I'm usually tweaked and get it backward and suddenly want to throw up for some reason.

I do sometimes put a fat rail worth in the cap of a water bottle, add just a few drops to dissolve, slurp it with a nicotine lozenge, let it just blend with the chalk. I know, someday they'll write a song about that.

But I still think oral can trigger that weird nausea. I just bet that's not what's going on and I'm an idiot.