L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Working poor men in third world countries unable to afford a wife

Boku_

Bluelighter
I was wondering if it is possible that for a lot of working poor men in third world countries like India and China that they would have no chance of affording a wife due to living in poverty and another contributing factor is that due to the cultural preference for Families to have boys not enough females are born for all the single working poor men as a smaller amount of females verses men means the females can be more picky about choosing a partner so the more affluent men have a better chance of attracted a female partner so in turn the poorer men are left with the choice to either pay for sex or sexual services like hand jobs off prostitutes or live a life devoid of sexual activity. And when i say pay for sex off prostitutes i'm not talking about young attractive expensive high class sex workers i mean the women that are the cheapest of the cheap and in the same social class as the working poor men but choose to earn money from sex work to support their parents grandparents etc.

I am not talking about major cities in India or China where the population is middle class and well off more poor rural areas. Is this the situation for the really poverty stricken people in third world countries face. I know poor men can marry poor women but what happens if all the women have left the poor rural village cos the poor women can get more affluent husbands in the cities. Even in western counties like Australia and the US there most be working poor men who can't afford a wife but can afford to pay for sex off a prostitute occasionally.

I find it easy to imagine if you were a middle aged Mcdonalds or white Castle fast food worker in the States with a pre-existing mental illness and had elderly parents that also have medical problems it would be damn near impossible for the middle age fast food worker who would be on min wage to afford to marry a women of any description but having a income that would mean the McDonalds worker could afford to pay a old crusty street crack ho prostitute for a $20 quickie hand job or blow job. I know it's a awful deeming and degrading scenario for both the low paid minimum wage fast food worker and equally the old crusty street crack ho prostitute but that's the natural of the beast of the system we call capitalism

I live in a third world country and believe me the poor still get married and have many kids that they cant afford - sad but true

Poverty - especially in a particular impoverished country or region - tends to equate to higher birthrates (due to lack of education and birth control etc)

It's one of the reason Israel is unlikely to ever agree to a "one state solution" - they know that the israelis would very quickly be outnumbered by palestinian people, who have a much higher birthrate.

A ragedy broke woman will usually end up marrying a ragedy broke man....sad but true. Only beautiful women tend to "trade up" in the world it seems. Sad but true. Plenty of single middle aged women in both first world countries and third world countries.

Poverty - especially in a particular impoverished country or region - tends to equate to higher birthrates (due to lack of education and birth control etc)

It's one of the reason Israel is unlikely to ever agree to a "one state solution" - they know that the israelis would very quickly be outnumbered by palestinian people, who have a much higher birthrate.

100% correct, I live in South Africa and let me tell you that the poorer you are the more kids you seem to have, it seems that virility is measured by how many kids are had and its a very sad thing to see.

I read an article not too long ago about this very problem. It wasn't so much poverty driving it, but the male/female ratio had gotten out of what at around 107/100. Now that might not sound like much, but in some of these rural villages in 3rd world countries there are no females for males to marry. It is a real problem.

On the contrary, marriage is more common among poor people in the developing world because it is like an financial alliance. Think about the biggest cost buckets in your daily life. Some of these items are fixed costs, like accommodation, and they get the benefit of being shared by 2 people instead of 1. Some efficiencies exist in even variable costs like groceries, for example, by allowing purchasing of larger packaging (-- did you know that the poor often pay ~30% more than rest of the population on essential groceries and supplies because they buy the smallest packaging? it's called the "ghetto tax").

One other factor you might be overlooking is how families are often more connected outside of the Western developed countries. For example people living with their parents after education for several years is a lot more common and even more common poorer you get. Some poor married couples cannot even start their own household until several years into their marriage. So even the marginal cost of starting up the household can be a thing to save for for years. The connected families also decrease the cost of child rearing considerably, where kids are taken care to some extent by the retired/elderly in the family.