Admin Attention Dangerous wording in posted article that pops up 4TH ON GOOGLE SEARCH

BeatrixKiddo55

Greenlighter
I haven't been a member very long, however I noticed the article on Renegades Amphetamine FAQ by Big Tractor has instructions that violate all safety measures , instructions regarding the procedure are out of order and the wording us unclear. I normally wouldn't mention it...but since the topic in those specific paragraphs addresses crystallized methamphetamine, acetone, and open flame...i felt I should point it out.
1.One never wants to boil their substance
2.Meth users utilize lighters constantly and acetone vapors are combustible. Even if you don't use a open flame/gas stove....the chances of blowing yourself up doing this procedure are quite high, since they will probably use a lighter around the area anyway.
3. The paragraph doesnt specify the type if container to use to pour the solution in. If a plastic container is used..you are pourting chemicals right back in the content you are trying to purify.
4. I will let you figure out which order the instructions should be in.
Sorry to be a snitch....Ill take the stitches if it means no one needlessly blows themselves/loved ones up.

Thank you -it worked. I will hopefully get someone that knows more than I to edit/correct this. No need to worry about bringing it up--we hope our members do that!

I looked at the protocol, but given the things I've seen at a different, hyphenated Drug Forum, it looks safe for Kindergartners.

There's definitely an issue with safety and liability, especially around meth. And there's issues with harm reduction and withholding information. How do you balance all of those things?

I'm not getting on OP here, just having gone through the latest "wash" rounds at a different forum I've seen how bad it can get. There are methods of washing meth. I think they're pointless, but people keep asking. The hyphenated drugs forum final protocol seems to have dumbed it down as far as you can go:

put dope in coffee filter
pour acetone over
let dry

Well, how dry is dry, and how might a twichty tweaker dry it? Too wet and he gets a lung full of acetone fumes; alternative is heat or flames. What container catches the acetone? What does he do with it? Where does he store it?

A "helpful" member will point out that the acetone must be "dry" (anhydrous) or you just dissolve your dope too. How do you dry it? The answer online is with Epsom salts (I always flag these with the fact you can buy dry acetone at Home Depot for $12, FFS). You have to "dry" your salts first. In a hot oven for hours. Hot powdered insoluble salts you might quickly pour into volatile solvent. That you pour over dope in your squatter's hovel to the light of a propane torch.

Advanced delusional members will try a recrystallization and misunderstand refs. to "boiling acetone water extraction". One sent me a PM asking if she should just pour the acetone directly in boiling water to start crystals (I'm not a real chemist, just a bio-chemist, but I'm picturing an explosion of acetone-steam asphyxiating her before it hits an open flame).

Added to that is the lurking trolls and big-men who admire Walter White as real and claim to be real home cooks of meth, with helpful "advice".

Which is why its ironic that at that forum, real chemistry discussion is hidden behind an application process.

OK, that was a lengthy bit I hadn't intended.
For right now, that bit is in a thread, not the wiki, in a small section that the more dangerously inept tweakers could never get to, a few thousand words in (I can say that, as a meth user. Not good for long reading).